Cycle Names - Suggestions Needed

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Magic

Moderator: Staff

Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Cycle Names - Suggestions Needed

Post by Claire Gallows »

Funny subject title, I know, but I couldn't think of anything better lol.

Anyways. The DoM cycles don't exactly line up with the whole Spring-Summer-Fall-Winter scheme that DoF and DoS do. As such, we've had some confusion in just what to name the cycles as they occur here in DoM. Sooooooo, we're looking for suggestions as to how we ought to name the cycles going forward.

As a transition, the current cycle (starting yesterday 4/21/19) will be known as the Cycle of Light and Dark (2019) in reference to the Trial of Light & Dark currently happening on the Isle. But after that, we'd like to have a consistent, themed set of named for the cycles and after drawing some blanks (or coming up with less than stellar ideas), we've elected to ask you all for your input!

A few guidelines:
  • We need at least 6 names per suggestion. More than 6 is okay, but 6 is preferred since we average just shy of 6 cycles per year and more than 6 may result in some names not being used.
  • They should have a cohesive theme (elements, star related, DoM history, whatever you wanna do).
  • They should be appropriate. Hopefully this is self-explanatory, we're all (mostly) adults here.
Beyond that, have fun! We'll take suggestions until week 8 of the cycle and take the last week to go through and consider them all. We'll throw up our pick before the end of the cycle and toss 10k nobles and a shiny inventory icon to whoever's suggestion is picked.

Thanks everyone!
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Re: Cycle Names - Suggestions Needed

Post by Andrea Anderson »

Twilight Isle Specific Constellations.. It can be totally made up and put into lore.

1. The Twins
2. The Dragon
3. The Unicorn
4. The Sea
5. The Lion
6. The Archer

Reflecting the Titles + Twilight isle.

1. Cycle of Fire
2. Cycle of Air
3. Cycle of Earth
4. Cycle of Water
5. Cycle of the Stars
6. Cycle of Twilight
Fenna De Vries
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Fenna De Vries »

Andrea Anderson wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:24 pm Reflecting the Titles + Twilight isle.

1. Cycle of Fire
2. Cycle of Air
3. Cycle of Earth
4. Cycle of Water
5. Cycle of the Stars
6. Cycle of Twilight
I was going to attempt to put together a list of some historical figures that were influential to magic (Merlin, Solomon, etc.) or even constellations but I really, really like the simplicity and element of connection to the above suggestions.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Andrea Anderson wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:24 pm
Reflecting the Titles + Twilight isle.

1. Cycle of Fire
2. Cycle of Air
3. Cycle of Earth
4. Cycle of Water
5. Cycle of the Stars
6. Cycle of Twilight
I like this one. It blends well with the current and past history of DoM.

Return to “Duel of Magic (OOC)”