ART Scheduling

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Magic

Moderator: Staff

Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

ART Scheduling

Post by Eden Parker »

Hey, I saw that the Fall ART was announced today (yay!) but that it's scheduled for Sunday September 11th. Isn't that the date that Collie is hosting her special regulation dueling event for Citizens Day? (I'm actually not seeing a date in those links, but I thought the Sunday date was stated here). Was this conflict known at the time of scheduling? I noticed that in the Upcoming Events thread, the Fall ART is noted as coming this Sunday, September 4th.

I'm asking because I hate to see two dueling events competing with each other like this on the same night. I'm not asking for either event to be moved, because I know I'm not involved in what went into the scheduling of either one, but I just wanted to make sure that there was awareness of the conflict.

And honestly, it sucks to want to support two events that are happening at the same time. If something could be done about it, that's great, but I understand if it can't.
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

It was my mess up. I told Specter it was on the 10th and not the 11th because my brain is pudding and this http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewt ... 179#223179 has it listed as September 10th for Citizens Day so I mixed up the dates in my head. We're changing the ART now to the 10th instead. It was going to be this upcoming Sunday but since we're behind on posting we wanted to give people enough time to get a duel in if they didnt have one.

Thanks for pointing it out!
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

I did the same thing with confusing the Citizens Day event date before!

Thank you for getting back so quick, and both of you for the hard work! :)
DUEL Specter
RoH Official
RoH Official
Location: Coordinators office on Twilight Isle. She'll be the one glowing in the dark.

Post by DUEL Specter »

The dates have been changed. I will keep an eye on the caller logs. Duels after the 4th of September standings update to Friday the 9th will be valid as activity duels. The early sign up reward ends at 9:00 PM EST on Friday... so get your duels earlier that week if you're interested in it! :)
Eregor
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
"You Traitorous Cur"

Post by Eregor »

So I just saw this, and apologize for any confusion. The Citizens Day live "party" event will be on the evening of the 10th. Since they're in different sites (RDI and ROH), there's no reason why players can't attend both... or even participate in both, barring the player's own tolerance for multi-tasking.

I (well, Ebon) also added a comment in the Citizens Day thread that "scrying mirrors" will be available for those who want to check up on the ART in progress, as well as a link to the ART thread itself. :D

Return to “Duel of Magic (OOC)”