Out of Character message board for the Duel of Magic

Moderator: Staff

Noah Bird
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Location: Red Dragon Inn, Shimmerscale lair, Arcadia, and ROH Rings

Be the Neophyte to the Archmage

Post by Noah Bird »

I dont know if this a thing. if its not, it should be.
Never mind searching for who you are. Search for the person you aspire to be. ~Robert Brault,

Spell
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Cult of Personality

Re: Be the Neophyte to the Archmage

Post by Spell »

Noah Bird wrote:I dont know if this a thing. if its not, it should be.
Any mage-ranked player, be it Non-Titled, Keeper, or Archmage, can have a Neophyte.
When a duelist reaches the rank of Mage, they may seek out a duelist to mentor. This duelist will be known as a Neophyte. They may perform this search any way they wish, be it an unofficial tournament, or an arbitrary selection based on any criteria they want. They can even just pick one out of the blue. A mage may only have one initial Neophyte, but once the Neophyte makes mage rank, this entitles the mentor to take on two Neophytes thereafter. The Neophyte sub-title is functionally identical to the Ring of Klytus, with the following exceptions: their mentor must be present in order to gain the benefit, and the neophyte may not use their mentor focus during a challenge match.

The neophyte focus may stack upon the Ring of Klytus focus, but not beyond the benefit of three focuses. Once a Neophyte becomes a Mage, they are automatically released from their Mage's mentorship. When a duelist is a Neophyte, they are listed on the standings with their mentor listed beside them. The relationship is not official until it is posted on the standings. The relationship can be terminated at any time by mentor or Neophyte.
Awkward
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Awkward »

Hi Noah!

I just wanted to add to Spell’s post, that there have been several current Neophytes to the Archmage!

With Bat Out of Hell (the brand new Archmage), Jochin Nagadari is her neophyte. Previously with Rachael’s 3 cycle reign, X serves as her neophyte! Prior to that the Archmage was L'Elghinyrrok Orbb Zauvirr “The Spider” and his neophyte is Zxavier. When Rena was Archwitch she had several neophytes, Eregor, April Bell, and even Spider! (Though not all necessarily at the same time since Spider achieved the rank of Mage during her term as Archmage.)Previous to even that, Lem's neophyte was Blue / Light Up the Night.

Long story short: Yes there are neophytes to the Archmage!
Also as a reminder: Should you be the neophyte to the Archmage or one of the Keepers, you qualify for the nifty achievement – Sorcerer’s Apprentice!

(Please correct me if I’m wrong on this, but Celestial tower is still a Tower! :) thanks!)
Patches Gasps!
Noah Bird
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Location: Red Dragon Inn, Shimmerscale lair, Arcadia, and ROH Rings

Post by Noah Bird »

Thanks, guys
Never mind searching for who you are. Search for the person you aspire to be. ~Robert Brault,

Return to “Duel of Magic (OOC)”