Bemoaning Fate. NJ#22 (05/30/06)

The Adventures of RDI Bartender and DoS/DoF Caller, Tera Destre La Fontaine.

Moderators: Tera Destre, Gavilean

Tera Destre
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Bemoaning Fate. NJ#22 (05/30/06)

Post by Tera Destre »

Oh I am just fuming!! Matt has done closed The Outback again!!!! This here makes the third time that it has done caught on fire and had to be closed! There is the possibility that we will be having to have the dueling over at Baron E’s park for who knows how long now!

Last night I had to sit out there with practically NOTHING to do for HOURS!!! I am dead dog serious here!!! Only THREE duels in THREE hours!! I can’t believe it! This here whole thing just absolutely stinks I’m telling ya!

The only good part about this here whole thing is at least we still have a place to fight thank to the Baron’s kindness. Of course he does enjoy a good brawl himself and was one of my three duels.

I did not like sitting out there in the middle of the night with that dang nab it Talomar after me again! Who knows when or where HE might show up with him being a Master Vampire Lord and all. There is no safe place once he is after ya and I know this but I am doing my best to keep my cool and not start a ruckus over it.

I can just see it now Tara shunning me again and another uprising in the Inn all over her husband being out to collar me along with anti-slavers going after the slavers again. Sheesh if this isn’t just the worst timing for the Outback to be burning up again I couldn’t think of any worse!!

Not to mention I have invited all these people to the wedding and they would be on opposing sides of this issue and to top it all of I even had invited Talomar to the dang nab it WEDDING!!!!!! I am so going to die! But this was before he started in on his current behavior and now Anubis just better show up for my wedding!

You wanna know what else? I know you wanna know what else I can hear ya asking. I invited my P’IMP to the wedding. Oh yes, was I having a brain dead day do ya think? I was NOT. This was before he attacked my Gav in the Arena. Oh yes! Imp kicked him right there in front of God and everybody.

I didn’t get all the details and I am not even sure why I didn’t, I was probably dueling at the time, but now this fancy state wedding is fast approaching and I haven’t told them fancy pants councilors of the Kingdom any of this. I have a feeling they would like to know stuff like this but I don’t think that my business is any of their business so I ain’t gonna tell them. Why ruin the surprise for them? Right? Oh lordy be. What a mess!!

Oh and guess what else I discovered. I did not get all the invitations sent out after all!! Little Kali Kat had apparently been playing with my lists while I was out at the dressmakers getting my first fitting or off getting tutored in something or other or maybe it was when I went shopping to get that there bracelet I saw that I liked so much. I don’t know but I found a whole nother list that I have to send out!!

I quit counting at 50. Gav quit counting at 70. That blasted treasurer is still counting though and I swear that is all that nasty little man ever does is count, count, count!! I just bet ya that he would count if I hired me a stripper and sent her in to do her business right there in the room of the hotel that he is using as his office now. No wait. First he would pause in his counting to ask me for the dang nab it recite where I paid her then go back to counting.

You are starting to actually look a bit thinner. I think I’m happy about that. Actually no, I KNOW I am happy about that. This here state wedding is the best thing that ever happened to you!! All my lists and the letters I have been having to write are really paying off in a big way!!! If I didn’t hate you so much I just might tell you my secret but you are too much of a low down slimey stinky no good weasel to be told my special secret so get over yourself!!

I gotta go now.

Return to “It's A Bartender's Life For Me”