A Letter of Condolence

The Adventures of RDI Bartender and DoS/DoF Caller, Tera Destre La Fontaine.

Moderators: Tera Destre, Gavilean

QueenTeleperien
Adventurer
Adventurer

A Letter of Condolence

Post by QueenTeleperien »

A peregrine falcon circled the home of Tera de le Fontaine, swooped low and landed on the sill of Tera’s bedchamber. On one of its legs was tied with a green ribbon, a small scrolled parchment. Upon untying the parchment the falcon took to the sky, disappearing quickly. Des could see the scroll held a dark green seal with a small tree and star atop. Upon opening the missive, the same tree and star was embossed in the upper right hand corner of the parchment. A flowing feminine script in dark blue ink read:

Tera de La Fontaine;

Word had reached us of the loss of your beloved to a storm at sea. Please allow Prince de Bouillon and me to extend our sincere concern and sympathy at your loss. Words of wisdom on the loss of one so loved are useless, for the empty grief and soul rending agony cannot be described with words.

If I could be of any service, please do not hesitate to contact me. Should you need time away, you are welcome to stay as a guest in Eldicor. Here you will have solitude and healing, for it is the last hold of the Noldor.

Yours in Service;

His Royal Highness, Prince Philippe de Bouillon
Her Majesty, Teleperien, Queen of Eldicor
Tera Destre
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Tera Destre »

Upon spotting the majestic bird patiently waiting for her Des gasped softly in awe then carefully approached it. She was certain that it wouldn’t harm her as soon as she noted the missive upon it’s leg. Deftly she freed the ties and smiled in delight as she watched it spread it’s wings and soar homeward through the skies.

Taking up a light lean against the window frame she unrolled the scroll and read it. A warm smile curved into place as her gaze first went to the signature then read the actual message. She couldn’t believe that Tele would be so gracious as to actually offer her a place to stay.

What an honor this was! She was awed and didn’t know quite what to do. Being a rather rough and tumble cowgirl, that would throw down in a heart beat, didn’t prepare someone for visiting royalty and Tele was a Queen as well as a true friend.

Des glanced at her closet noting the rows of t-shirts and jeans neatly hung there beside the glittering ball gown she had worn once, to Tara and Talomar’s wedding. She groaned softly and closed her eyes and brought the letter to her chest holding it there tightly. What to do!?

Instinctively she knew that Tele would accept her no matter what she wore because of their long standing friendship. But a part of her couldn’t stand the thought of appearing like some backwoods hick that the cat had drug in. And how would she get to work? Did Tele have a portal that she could use to get back and forth?

What about Gav? She wasn’t about to leave him behind for all the women to drool on. They could certainly look and dream all they wanted to. She did love watching him flirt, he was so very good at it. She would never in a million years try to change that part of him. She knew where he slept and who he slept with so all was fine in her book even if they hadn’t been intimate yet; his flirting didn’t bother her in the least.

But that didn’t answer what she should do about her invitation to visit Eldicor. Tele’s Philippe was a wonderful man but what if she ran into him while she was there? Then what would she do? How would she feel? Was it worth the risk? Des didn’t know if he was home right now or out on his ship sailing the sea. French Pirate that he was he could be either at the moment.

The cowgirl nodded to herself once. She would go shopping and buy herself some real dresses. It was about time she changed her image some anyway she thought. The precious invitation she carefully rolled back up and placed in her jewelry box for safekeeping.

Then she sat down at the desk and cheerfully took her Elven dagger and sliced five pages from the back of her mortal enemy, four of them finding their way with a bright smile into the trash can.

Dear Tele,

Thank ya so much for your kind invitation. I am not sure yet if I can come and stay though. I need to get some dresses made because right now I only have some jeans and t-shirts and this one dress that I got for a wedding here in town. I know that you wouldn’t mind me showing up dressing like I do but I would be pretty embarrassed.

Also I don’t know if you have a portal or some way for me to get back and forth to work cause I am working 3 jobs right now. And I would like to bring Gav with me if I was to come. I’m pretty sure you know him. I wouldn’t want to go anywhere without him with me. Sometimes I still get broke and he has to fix me.

Love,
Des

Sealing the letter she took it to Gavilean and had him send it for her since she didn’t have any way of getting her reply to the Queen of Eldicor quickly and he did.
Gavilean
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Gavilean »

Gavilean saw Des coming up to him with a letter, and when he heard that it was to go to Teleperien he was absolutely delighted.

"I'm so glad she contacted you," he said after giving the love of his life a kiss upon her soft lips. "You may not know, but Queen Teleperien and I have been friends for almost as long as I can remember. Her kindom of Eldicor is south of our kingdom of Westridge." Yes, he knew he used the "our" word, but that's how he felt. He had full intention of asking Des to marry him when the time was right and he already felt that all he had was hers also. He wanted to share everything with Des . . . everything.

"Tele had informed me that she was going to invite you to Eldicor, so I imagine this letter concerns this." He took Des' hand in his and brought it to his lips, kissing palm and fingers. "Tele and I have a standing open door policy where she is always invited to Westridge and the doors of Eldicor are always open to me. So if you intend to going there, then I'm going, my love."

I'll have this letter sent immediately.

Return to “It's A Bartender's Life For Me”