Kyndra and Tass Pay Their Respects. (May 2 2006)

The Adventures of RDI Bartender and DoS/DoF Caller, Tera Destre La Fontaine.

Moderators: Tera Destre, Gavilean

Tera Destre
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Kyndra and Tass Pay Their Respects. (May 2 2006)

Post by Tera Destre »

The Lord of Westridge heard a knock upon the door and rose off the couch where he and Des were sitting, 'll get it, Des.

Flowers had been arriving all afternoon and he suspected that this was another delivery as he opened the door. yndra! I'm so glad you came! C'mon in, please! He held the door and motioned with his hand, then looked to the couch where Des was sitting, indicating the location to Kyndra.

Kyndra MacDraven smiled warmly at Gav and proceeded to enter on Tass' arm. "I'm so glad you invited us." She released Tass' arm and walked over to Des, giving a big hug. "I'm sorry for your loss, she said, knowing there are no right words to say.

"It means a lot to us to have you here," Gav said as he followed them to Des' side.

Des swiped at her cheeks with the palms of her hands and then wiped them dry on same spot of her jeans that she had been using when she wasn't using Gav's shirt to collect her tears. She returned the hug with a watery smile for Kyndra. "Thank ya for coming over to see us. We have some wine coolers and whiskey if y'all want something to drink." It was easy to revert to habit and she did without batting an eye.

"You sit there, Des. I'll get them," Gav offered.

The Scotswoman smiled softly at her. "I think I will have something; how about you Tass?" she asked, looking at Tass.

Tass nodded his head es His mind was still split from earlier in the evening when he had sent a part of himself back with Des, who had gone running to him with news of her husband's death by means of the token he had given her years ago, and left a part of himself with Kyndra on the Isle.

"Gav, do you happen to have any Scotch?" She knew how much the dragon loved his Scotch.

Des hugged Tass and gave him a kiss on the cheek then her gaze tracked Gav all the way to the kitchen. She didn't want him out of her sight for a moment and she fidgeted on the couch while smiling to Kyndra and Tass as she waited for him to return. "We don't have any unless Gav bought some."

Kyndra continued speaking, "If not..." She looked about in her satchel as she spoke with a smile. "I always keep a bit with me. There are so many medicinal uses."

Gavilean looked in the kitchen. "Nope, all we have left is bourbon. Will that do?"

She took the bottle out. "I have some here. More than enough for all of us if you'd like some. I could use two glasses though."

He turned to look to Kyndra and winked. "Very resourceful of you! I'll bring the glasses."

Des was bouncing her legs and shoved her hands under her thighs as she shifted in place waiting for Gav to come and sit back down beside her. "I should get me one of those bags of holding from the Arcane Lore shop they have uptown. Then I could carry all kinds of things with me too."

The Scotswoman chuckled with a grin. "Have you ever known a Scotsman to be far from some Scotch? They give it to brand new babes before they meet their mothers." Then she smiled to Des. "Oh, it is a must. I just got it the other day and I don't know how I lived without it." She opened her bag and showed her friend the inside so she could get a better look.

The hatless cowgirl leaned over and looked inside it to admire the bag then nodded. "Yup. I need to do some shopping. When I'm feeling better I gotta get me one of those. Did it come from there?"

"Yes, it did. It from the Arcane Lore shop you mentioned, Kyndra replied.

Gav carried in the glasses and sat beside Des. "Sorry I took so long. I had to feed Kali Kat."

Immediately she was snuggled back up with him and the restless fidgeting stopped. Her heart quit racing and her panic subsided. "Oh lordy be! I forgot. Thank ya, Luv."

The Lord of Westridge notices the bag and has seen those before. He made a mental note that it would be a wonderful gift for her. "You're most welcome, sweetheart."

Tass took a couple of the glasses and filled them with Scotch then handed one to his lovely companion.

Gavilean's arm was placed around Des, to offer her as much comfort as possible. "Kyndra, I forgot to ask. Did you or Tass want any ice?"

Kyndra chuckled and nudged Tass softly. No. He just melts it, watering it down."
Tera Destre
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Tera Destre »

Savoring the feeling of Gav's arm around her shoulders she burrowed beneath his shoulder and luxuriated in the comfort he offered letting it wash over her and ease the pain. "You said something about buying a place just outside of town Kyndra? I own a ranch outside of town..."

The retired Warlord laughed. "Yes, tell us about your find, Kyndra."

Kyndra spoke up with quiet concern, "I am so new that I don't know where it is safe for a lady to be by herself."

The cowgirl couldn't help but grin as Tass wrapped his arms around Kyndra and held her close. "I don't think you have much to worry about when it comes to being safe anymore Darlin'."

"Yes, I have a feeling Tass is a rather protective dragon." He winked at Tass.

She snuggles into Tass' arms and smiled. "Oh I do feel safe when he is around."

Des smiled as she watched the two of them together and picked up her wine cooler for a drink. "I really am glad the two of ya met. Don't they make a lovely couple, Gav?"

The Scotswoman smiled herself having always thought that Gav and Des made quite a couple themselves.

"Aye, you two do make a very lovely couple, even if it does knock me off your list." He offered a mock pout, and then leaned over to Des and just placed his head against hers, trying to be comforting. "How's that wine cooler?"

"Oh, that reminds me." She took her list out of the bag. She had to buy the bag for all the lists. She starts erasing his name off the list and adds it to the taken list again.

She chuckled quietly and offered him the bottle. "See for yourself?"

"Sorry Gav, but there is just one man for my list", said Kyndra.

She caught sight of the flurry of activity and looked over to Kyndra. "What are ya doin' with your list whipping out now woman?" But she was grinning as she asked her.

She finishes up with adding Gav's name to the already taken list. "Oh, just putting Gav's name back where it always belonged."

He took a sip of the wine cooler. "Des that's just too good. It far too easy to drink too much."

He winked and turned to Kyndra. "See how fast my name just comes and goes." He agreed that it was where it always belonged, but would not say so openly yet.

"Egads! You are going to give the man a complex, Darlin' with your lists." Laughing warmly as she shifted to put an arm around the retired Warlord's shoulders at least as far over them as it would go which was about three fourths of the way across. Maybe a little less, she was pretty petite.

Kyndra chuckled and then saw Tass has stepped out for a second. "Well, I'm just about to toss all of my lists into the fire. There's really no need for them now," she said knowing she has grown quite fond on one certain dragon.

Gav turned back to Des and smiles, loving her arm around him, his rested his hand on her leg. "I think I'm going to keep off lists for now on. I already know where I'll want to be."

Grins and shakes her head to Kyndra as she glances after Tass. "Don't throw them out yet. Keep 'em to torment him with but just leave Gav off the lists okay? I like him right here with me."

Then she blinked and glanced to Gav as they both said almost the same thing at the same time. "Okaaayyy."

Those were the best words he could have heard. "I don't plan on going anywhere, love."

She smiled at Des. "Well, you did say he belonged on my list, but he will stay on the already taken list from now on."

He saw Kali Kat walking around and slapped his lap for her to jump up. The cat jumped up on his lap and sat. He was going to ignore the woman talk. He would have invited Tass to a game of RhyDin Hold'em but now was not the time.

She was shocked by what had just come out of her mouth but in a way she was really happy about it too because now that Kyndra knew how she felt so she would be able to talk to her if she needed someone to talk. Besides Gav, whom she could always talk to about anything and everything. She smiled back to Kyndra. "Yup best just leave him on that one please."

Gavilean quietly added, "That's the one I want to be on the most - the "taken" list."

The Scottish lass grinned to him. "I had you on both. You were in pencil under Tass, ink on the aken'." She then saw that Tass has returned and she looked at her time piece. "Well, it is getting late and you two need a chance to talk."

She chuckled ruefully and smiled to Kyndra before glancing to Gav. "Yeah looks like we do."

Gavilean spoke to the visiting couple, "We're so glad you came over. Please stop by often you two."

Tass agreed thinking there still might be time for a private lesson. He gave Des a hug and a kiss.

He slowly moves to the door to open it for them as they get ready to leave. He gave Tass a handshake and slap on the shoulder. "Thanks for everything." He turned to Kyndra and opened his arms for a hug and kiss.

Des hugged and kissed both Tass and Kyndra on the cheek with a smile. "Thank y'all for coming over, and like Gav said, come by anytime y'all want."

"Thank you for having us. I'm glad we came over as well. We will have to do this more often." She gave Des a hug and kiss on the cheek and then gave Gav a hug and kiss on the cheek.

Gav smiled, "Good eve, and be well. We'll see you tomorrow."

Tass extended his arm as she slid hers around his. "Have a good night. We are looking forward to it." Then the couple were surrounded in cold blue flames and disappeared.

Return to “It's A Bartender's Life For Me”