IFL idea

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Fists

Moderator: Staff

Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

IFL idea

Post by Anubis Karos »

Would anyone be cool with the idea of making IFL longer next season?
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

More teams = longer season.

We need more players and more teams to sustain a longer season; I'd love it if by next year our player-base had grown enough to sustain such.

--Matt
"If you are thinking a year from now, sow seed. If you are thinking ten years from now, plant a tree. If you are thinking one-hundred years from now, educate the people."

--Kuan Tzu, 5'th century Chinese poet
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

Goldglo wrote:More teams = longer season.

We need more players and more teams to sustain a longer season; I'd love it if by next year our player-base had grown enough to sustain such.

--Matt
This. We had some pretty bare bones teams this year and that was with a decent chunk of people pulling double duty with 2 chars in. We also would desperately need more callers. One person accounted for almost half of duels called and that's gotta lead to some serious burnout. More players, more teams, more callers.
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

I think Lisa's prolific calling contribution this season had more to do with her being fucking awesome than us being short on callers.

I think I was asked once or twice to call this season, even though I was available much more than that. If Lisa has some tips on being more appealing, I'll take 'em!

In general, we need more callers, but that's not specific to IFL.
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Post by Andrea Anderson »

We only had a little more than a handful of callers, and with smaller teams it made it harder for those who did call to be used. Lisa was not on a team, so she didn't have those limitations. When you also realize a lot of people chose to wait until the last moment to find a caller and chose to ask the room, she was usually there and willing to take them.

A good load of the fights I called were from last minute requests. This is why If I do join next year it would be on a single team or not at all. Then I could call fights without issue.

Return to “Duel of Fists (OOC)”