DoF Histories

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Fists

Moderator: Staff

Blue
Adventurer
Adventurer

DoF Histories

Post by Blue »

So, DoF Histories haven't been updated in over a year and no one seems to be in any mood to fix it. Is there something we can do to get it caught up? Can I bribe someone with an ultra rare comic card for the upcoming IFL? Bake them a cake, put some ice cream on it, maybe a little hot fudge and a candle?

Just curious, and a little concerned that it will eventually go on so long without an update that the effort to find all the details for each opal will eclipse any desire to see the histories reflect the last year(s).
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Diamond list, ShadoWeaver, FireStar and PathFinder are up to date (though I have to go back and fix a couple things; like alternating line colors).

IceDancer and MoonBeryl should hopefully be done tomorrow.

If you see any errors or challenges missed, please let me know.

~Kal
Blue
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Blue »

Fantastic! Thank you, based Kalamere.
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

NICE.
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

Everyone please thank Kal...the history updates are time-consuming and by no means an easy task and Kal volunteered (much as Harris did in the past...thank Harris, too!) to tackle the job.

--Matt
"If you are thinking a year from now, sow seed. If you are thinking ten years from now, plant a tree. If you are thinking one-hundred years from now, educate the people."

--Kuan Tzu, 5'th century Chinese poet
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

Kal the MF Wizard.

Thank you for taking the time to do those. Huuuuuuuuuuugely appreciated!
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

The update was sorta quick and dirty, mostly to satisfy the request and preserve the information. Thanks to Harris for catching some of my mistakes and pointing them out for me.

At some point in the next couple days/weeks I'll probably go in and clean up the overall formatting.
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

Mucho thanks for the effort you guys put in sifting through old threads etc to provide us with an accurate and up to date history :D
April Brell
Adventurer
Adventurer
Location: Out and about. She's attempting to attain more stability, but for now things are uncertain.

For Behind the Scenes Awesomeness!

Post by April Brell »

A huge THANK YOU for your time and effort in updating the histories, Kal! (And to Harris for helping!)

~C
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

It was pointed out to me that there were some inconsistencies in the histories. Changing date formats from one entry to the next; whether the note about an opal changing hands fell under the ousted holder or the victor.. that kind of thing, which seemed to be triggering an OCD meltdown. On a second look though I had to admit it was right, so I've been playing around with these some more trying to do a format cleanup instead of the original quick and dirty, just get the past year in there, approach.

ShadoWeaver, and FireStar have been updated at this point. I should get the others soon. I guess IceDancer should be next since it just changed hands.

If anyone has other suggestions, please let me know. I'm always open to them. Oh, and also, a ton of the old entries lack thread links. I suspect that many of them could be found on the DoF Archives site if anyone feels like hunting them down. I'll probably get around to it myself at some point, though I've got around 37 other projects in queue so it may be a while.

~Kal
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

I had located all the thread links at one time. Let me look for them again.

--Matt
"If you are thinking a year from now, sow seed. If you are thinking ten years from now, plant a tree. If you are thinking one-hundred years from now, educate the people."

--Kuan Tzu, 5'th century Chinese poet

Return to “Duel of Fists (OOC)”