Out of Character message board for the Duel of Fists

Moderator: Staff

Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard

IFL 2020 - Now Live!

Post by Kalamere » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:15 pm

Folks,

We are a go to begin the IFL season next week Monday (11/02). All rosters are in the system and the schedule is made. Here's a list of semi important stuff:

Matchups
The matchmaker tool should be functional. If you are a captain, please go to the IFL site (http://ifl.duelingzone.org/) and click the Managers link in the top link bar. Then proceed to fill in your fighters for week 1. Please ping me on Discord (or respond here if you like) if you get any errors. Matchups are released to the public at midnight Sunday/Monday, so make sure you get them in before that.

Venue
The preferred venue for all IFL fights will be whatever sporting venue is open on a given night. (announced in the lobby at 8pm). When starting an IFL fight you will be able to send "?ifl [opponent name]" to the bot and it will start up your fight in the proper room.

In addition to the standard sport rooms, the IFL Garden channel will also return. While the standard venues will be the preference, this channel will be available to those who wish to use it. Please note that the ?ifl command will NOT work for this. To use the Garden in your fights you will need to use the standard ?chal syntax with g as the venue argument. Please also remember to a 1 at the end so that the fight can go beyond 15 rounds if needed. example: ?chal g dof "Jake" 1

(The official rules need to be updated to reflect this. I'll get to it)

Playoffs
With 6 teams in the league this year, we will run a 4 team playoff to determine a champion.

Rank Increase
As always, Trainees are eligible to advance to Flyweight upon earning their first win.

Fly, Middle and Heavy weights will be eligible to advance upwards 1 rank upon earning 2 wins.

A trainee may advance all the way up to Middleweight if they rack up 3 wins.

When you are eligible for a rank increase you or your team captain may post a request in this thread and I'll take care of it from there. You may not use the perks (aka mods) associated with said rank increase until it has been requested and approved.

Free Agents
If you are interested in being on the FA list, please respond to this thread or ping me on Discord. You may enter a character into the free agent pool even if you already have 2 characters on teams in the league. Each free agent may fight for/against a given time once during the course of the season. Captains, please remember that your opponent captain (and the league office, aka me) must be notified of your intent to use a free agent and their identity prior to scheduling them.

DoF Impact
All duel wins from IFL WILL count towards your DoF records.

The IFL Calendar
The IFL match calendar can be found here .

Anyone that has been in the league before should have access to view it, add entries to it and to share it with other people, thereby allowing new team members to view and add to it as well (when granting permissions, use the Make Changes and Manage Sharing option).

If you do not currently have access, please ask your team captains. (or me, obviously I can also help here!).

Once you and your opponent settle on a day and time to meet up, we'd love for you to make a calendar entry for the event. This lets anyone interested in a given match know when to show up.

Match Weeks
A match week in IFL is 10 days long, with 3 of those days overlapping with another match week, since the first couple days of each week are generally lost to the scheduling process. Here is the schedule as it stands:

Week 1 Fighting: Nov 02nd - Nov. 11th
Week 2 Fighting: Nov 09th - Nov. 18th
Week 3 Fighting: Nov 16th - Dec. 25th
Week 4 Fighting: Nov 23nd - Dec. 07th extended to account for turkey eating
Week 5 Fighting: Nov 30th - Dec. 09th
Week 6 Fighting: Dec 07th - Dec. 16th

Playoff and Championship: Dec. 21st - Jan 11th
- Exact dates will be posted later on. We'll put some flexibility in here for dealing with Fathers Christmas and Time.

Powerhouse Party: Ideally to be held Tuesday, Jan 14th for selfish scheduling purposes. This is subject to change and player availability though.

Scheduling Duels
Matchups are released midnight Sunday into Monday and available on the website at that time. My mail config is less than awesome, so its a safe bet that many of your mail providers will eat the emails and you're better off just checking the website. Please reach out to your opponents to begin arranging matchup details as soon as you can on Mondays, so as to get the process going. Email addresses for all players are available on the website as long as you are logged in.

When making contact to kick off the scheduling process, please be specific on your availability. Something to the effect of "How does Tuesday at 8 or Wednesday at 10 work?" is way more helpful in moving the process along than is "I'm around a lot, what's good for you?".

Please send notice when you can't make it
Life happens and sometimes you can't make a duel that you scheduled. Please extend the courtesy of notification to your opponents when this comes up. Whether you send them an email directly, or you contact your captain to relay the message. Everyone (or at least damn near everyone) has a cellphone and a way to reach out, so there's very little excuse, no matter what comes up, for forcing an opponent to blow a chunk of their night sitting around waiting for you when you aren't going to make it.

Recording Duels
The RhyDin.org duel recorder is not hooked into the IFL duel recorder, so there may be some delays before seeing completed matches tallied on the IFL site. Usually I will get things caught up in the morning, but this year I will also be giving the captains access to record duels. More to follow on that topic and I'll make contact with the captains directly.

That's a lot, but I do think it's everything. Good luck to all and I hope you enjoy the season!

~Kal
Scarlett
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Re: IFL 2020 - Now Live!

Post by Scarlett » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:36 pm

Submitting a request for a rank increase for Shelby Monero. She defeated Cade Washington on Wednesday, November 4th for her first ever IFL win.

Done. -Kal
Scarlett
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Scarlett » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:53 pm

Requesting a rank up for Scarlett as she defeated Amaris in her first ever IFL win on Monday 11/8/2020

Done. -Kal
XanthVanBokkelen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by XanthVanBokkelen » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:23 pm

I request a rank increase for Xanth Van Bokkelen, due to his second win on Tuesday, 11/10 against Yuzuki Kuwabara.

Done. -Kal
Ria Graziano
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Ria Graziano » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:53 pm

Requesting rank increase for FlyWeight Crunchem after his week 1 win over Azriella and week 2 win over Dakota.

Thanks!

Done. -Kal
Scarlett
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Scarlett » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:57 pm

Submitting a rank increase for Morgan Chae from Flyweight due to him fighting Koy and winning week 1 and fighting Doran and winning week 2.

Done. -Kal
XanthVanBokkelen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by XanthVanBokkelen » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:49 pm

I request a rank increase for Olaf von Trunk, due to his second win on Sunday, 11/15 against Dizzy Flores.

Done. -Kal
Morgan LaFey
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Morgan LaFey » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:03 am

I formally request a rank increase for Shelby Monaro to Middleweight due to third IFL win on 11/18/20, Week 3.

Done. Congrats on doubling up!
Ria Graziano
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Ria Graziano » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:29 pm

Requesting rank up for Trainee Neekylah Lang for her win over Rachael in week 3.

Thanks!

Done. -Kal
Rachael Blackthorne
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Rachael Blackthorne » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:52 pm

I officially request a rank increase for Haru Jeong from Flyweight to Middleweight with his two wins, one against Morgan LaFey (week 2) and the other against Dean Reighland (week 3).

Done. -Kal
Ria Graziano
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Ria Graziano » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:57 pm

Requesting rank up for Matt Simon from Middleweight due to his week 2 win over Hope and week 3 win over Amaris.

Thanks!

Done. -Kal
XanthVanBokkelen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by XanthVanBokkelen » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:51 pm

I request a rank increase for Anubis Karos, due to his second win on Tuesday, 11/24 against Kheldar Drasinia.

Done. -Kal
Morgan LaFey
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Morgan LaFey » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:19 pm

I would like to request a rank increase for myself (Morgan LaFey) for a first IFL win on 11/25

Done. -Kal
Delahada
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Delahada » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:57 pm

I would like to please request a rank increase for Gatito from flyweight to middleweight for having achieved his second win on 11/24.

Done. -Kal
Kruger
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Kruger » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:32 pm

Requesting rank increase for Doran Ilnaren to Fly Weight after his win in week 4 over Dizzy Flores 11/29.

Done. -Kal

Return to “Duel of Fists (OOC)”