(( OOC Type Stuff....oh joy))

Twins with a shadowed past make their way in a world where they've never felt welcome by any save those who taught them what they know.

Moderators: Sylus Kurgen, Artemus Kurgen

Artemus Kurgen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

(( OOC Type Stuff....oh joy))

Post by Artemus Kurgen »

Aight folks. Guess I had to post one of these at some point...figure I'll do it here and now. All right...some things about the boys so none of you are really caught off guard. Art and Sy are cocky, quick mouthed, young, proud, calculating at times, cold hearted on some moments, jaded, a little clueless when it comes to some things, both are lycanthropes, though Art's darker half is of the feline persuasion. Cuz of some screwy evends that half became a Girrash which is a creature of the shadow plane. Has four arms, it's form is distorted because of a bit of glamour that displaces it's image a bit to the side. Now that that's said. Onto the important stuff. I've been told that some of my threads aren't quite believeable...which is true. I haven't taken my posting too seriously in the past. Figure I'll straighten out the bag of snakes here.

All right. Guess I'll start with the most trouble some of the twins. Standing at 5'10 180lbs with bright emerald eyes and short blonde hair, is Artemus.

By nature and training at a young age, Art is a druid at heart. But he understands that druidic power is not always adequate so he learned a few other kinds of magic, one he found he was a little proficient at. Shadowmagic. So he walked down the dark path of the Umbramancer. If you don't know what that is...here's a link.

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=173065

On that page I've got Art set at a level 3 Umbramancer becuase being the dork I can be at times I figured to get realistic I'd have to play with a character of that class to fully understand it, so I did. Plus for that class there are only 4 levels. Now the boy's married with a wife and kid. He's ambitious as heck, and he likes the achievements he has gotten so far. And he attributes only a small portion of it to luck. Can't rely on luck all of the time. Artemus traveled around nonstop from a young age and his travels and misadventures took him all over the place. He's slept in rotted out houses to fine palaces. From root covered swamps to a hayloft in some farmers barn. All he did was travel and study magic with his mentor, a druid of no small skill. Artemus gleaned all that he could form his teacher and surrogate father figure until he was ready to branch out on his own. From that point he went down a dangerous path that put a coldness inside of him that is not easily rooted out. He views all as pawns to be manipulated, only as real people upto their face and name, and he is actually quite intelligent when he needs to be. He likes to play the fool and imbecile because who would suspect such a person to be cunning and manipulative? The moronis folk are often overlooked as susptects for any kinds of offense. On one of his travels he came across some things that hinted at his own family, not understanding this he hunted it down, and is still doing so...

Now for the oldest of my boys...
Standing at 5'10 185lbs with long black hair, dark amber eyes, and a perpetual cocky smirk is the werewolf of the pair. Sylus

Because of unknown reasons, when Sy turned 7 his dad handed him over to a traveling swordsman to train and raise. From there Sy passed through the keeping of several other swordmasters. While other kids played with friends and had fun, Sylus was learing swordplay and battle tactics. Can you say no child hood? Well long story short, he eventualy broke out on his own and decided he needed to make a name for himself so he founds his feet carrying him to a city called Kelvar. Around the town he had various odd jobs till he got into the bodyguard line of work. He did this for a time before word of how good he was reached some influencial people, namely the royal court. So roust from his bed he found himself hauled to the castle to meet with the king. From there he spiraled down a dark path and eventual became a sort of Assassin or Executioner for his king through joining an order known as the Broken Shield. Basicly Sy's job was to kill people the king either had no stomach to slay or if there was someone suspected of heresy and usurption but there was no proof. As can be imagined...on a royal level. Sy did a lot of killing. All of this has scarred him deeply, making him guarded and wary of all. He appears open and hearty, all around nice guy, but that is just a facade...though he does grow wearing of a meaningless existance of nothing but bloodshed and violence. He wants to make his life something worthwhile. He's one of those people who grew up too early.

That about covers the background for the boys. If there's something I missed, please let me know in a PM. If there is also anything that can be approved upon let me know of that two and feel free to post here if there is anything you do not understand...thank you and happy holidays.
Artemus Allonan Kurgen
Headmaster of Arcanum Academy
Proprietor of Dark Wolf and Leopard Jewelers.

Return to “Kurgen Keep”