Vendetta

The hidden truth about the last known descendant of this powerful assasin-mage bloodline.

Moderator: Cheyenne Fordyce

Cheyenne Fordyce
Adventurer
Adventurer
Location: Here and there, everywhere. Resides in Fordyce Manor at the outskirts of Rhydin.

Vendetta

Post by Cheyenne Fordyce »

The rage inside the Rogue that the masked woman had stirred that night had not been totally quelled at the street fighting place earlier that night. She'd left late that night with the intent of coming home and getting in the bath and resting before her lessons with Stick in the morning, but instead she'd taken to the alleyways and streets of Rhydin in the quiet of the night. She streaked across rooftops, through the alleyways, through the darkest parts of Rhydin, the rage burning inside her. Her thoughts flying at the speed of light over what had gone on that night. The voice still echoing in her mind as she raced through the night...

"Your man is doomed, a blood seeker he will become."

Just the thought made goosebumps rise on her flesh and the hair on the back of her neck rise as she raced over the rooftops until something had caught her eye. There had been no noise in her approach as she crouched above the alleyway behind a deserted Tavern. They were fighting, she could hear them. Something about a deal gone bad. Chey smirked to herself as she watched the bigger man, he was a simple street dweller, she had an eye for things like that having been raised on the streets and the other man was a well dressed man of Rhydin's Society. Things were beginning to get heated in the quiet of the night and a movement caught Chey's eye off to the right of the bigger man and it made Chey's heart stop, a little girl, about seven years old was cowering to the right of what Chey assumed was her father and Chey uttered a growl deep inside her. She shook her head and remained silent as she watched and listened.

"You disgust me, you are below me, you are nothing to me but a piece of trash on the streets. Why I allowed you to interact with me is beyond me. If it wasn't for the fact that your brother was blackmailing me, I wouldn't be in this predicament, but if I were to get rid of you and your brother, then there'd be no more issues to contend with."

She'd looked away for a second, the words from the leaner man enraging her more. They always thought that, they always felt that way, but what did they know, they didn't live the life we did, she thought to herself. They have no clue what "we" go through. She'd looked back just in time to see the leaner of the two men's right hand disappear in his jacket and Chey knew...she knew then what was going to happen, and be damned if Chey wouldn't let it happen as she dropped silently from the rooftops and landed a few steps behind the leaner man, winking to the frightened child as she closed the distance between her and the man of Society. One slight and silent movment and the dagger glinted in her left hand as she stepped up behind him, she was silent as she always was when it was all business. The heavier man was still ranting and raving and the heavier set man was oblivious to the fact that the leaner was about to make an attempt on his life and he was unaware of the Rogues presence, just as she had intended it to be. Her right hand made a motion for the young girl to cover her eyes and ears and looks away and she complied. Chey had made sure of that before she made her move. She was quick, it was with practiced ease that the Rogue drew the blade across the tender flesh of the mans neck, just above that vital artery and severing it. The warmth of his blood spilled onto her hand and her dagger as she felt him twitch against her form. The heavier set man blinked unsure of what was going on as Chey threw the lifeless man of Society into a pile of garbage well away from the hiding young girl. Cold pale blue eyes looked at the heavier set man from the shadows as she spoke, her voice low. "Take your daughter and leave. Never bring a child with you when you are attending business. A man of your raising should know better than that. Now go." And without another word the Rogue's dagger had disappeared on her person and she was streaking through the night again, her heart racing, her pulse shattering the speed of light.

She had decided to head home when she heard the muffled screams of a woman down another alleyway and started to race across the rooftops in that direction, again she crouched low and let her eyes adjust to the sight below her. What she saw only fueled the rage in the woman more, she dropped silently to the ground and took a different approach to this situation, whistling as she walked up the alleyway.

"Get the bleep outta here bleep. Before you end up like this here piece of meat."

She pretended to be oblivious to the man that was using the young woman in the alleyway against her will. She'd ignored the man's comment and threat, continuing to whistle until she was about three feet from the couple and could get a better look at their positioning. The first thought that had crossed Chey's mind was to just throw a dagger at his throat, but she was to afraid the young girl would make a miscalculated move and get hit. Instead Chey abandoned that strategy as opposed to this one. The young woman's eyes were closed tight until Chey spoke. "Well well, lookie what we got here." The young girl looked up wide-eyed to Chey, her eyes begging and pleading for help.

"I ain't gonna tell you again bleep, get the bleep outta here. Or when I'm done with this whore, I'll come after you."

Chey smirked down at the man, seemingly not even bothered that she'd caught him in the act, a wink tossed to the woman beneath him as she put a booted foot against the mans chin, lifting it with ease and forcing him to look at her. "Tell ya what big man, why dontcha get offa that there girl and come and get a real woman, eh?" Still smirking, Chey hid her left hand that still had the other man's blood on it and shrugged the right side outta the trench letting it half rest on her shoulders, she lifted the right side of her shirt with her right hand giving the man a clear view of her well developed and defined breasts and spoke again, this time her voice coaxing and sultry. "Come on now big man, ya know ya want it." As Chey spoke, she dragged her fingertips over her nipple, teasing him and taunting him into coming after her and leaving the girl free to go. She watched as the man slowly got off the girl and looked at Chey with a hungry look. "That's it big boy, commere and give it to me like ya doing her. That's how I like it." She put her left foot back down on the ground, and watched as the man shamelessly naked from the waist down started advancing towards her, the girl that he had had pinned scurried away without a word. The man grunted and sneered at Chey as he watched her with a hungry look.

"I'm going to bleep you so bleeping hard"

And those were his dying words as Chey's left hand moved slightly and a throwing dagger was in her hand and a flick of her wrist sent the dagger gleaming through the darkened alleyway and stuck into the man's gullet. Chey stood there and watched as he grabbed at his throat, trying to dislodge the throwing dagger that on contact the tip spiked out embedding itself deeply into the flesh. She smirked and with a satisfaction only known to a Rogue, lowered her shirt and shrugged back into the trench and took off racing towards home.
"How dare you say that my behavior is unacceptable. So condescending unnecessarily critical. I have the tendency of getting very physical. So watch your step cause if I do you'll need a miracle."
Cheyenne Fordyce
Adventurer
Adventurer
Location: Here and there, everywhere. Resides in Fordyce Manor at the outskirts of Rhydin.

It was well after six a.m. when Chey made it back to her house, immediately making her way to the bathroom to wash the blood from her...to wash the scent of the hunt from her body, to re-compose herself before her lesson with Stick in a few hours. So much had gone on and now, now the hunt was on and she would not rest until she was satisfied, but when would that be? There was more at stake now, then ever in her life. She cared for him so much it made her head spin, made her lose all sense of anything and everything, he'd aroused something deep inside her and she'd be damned if she'd lose the chance to pursue this...this...this whatever the hell it was.

She slipped into the steaming water and started scrubbing the blood from her hands as she continued to think of a plan, a way to find this "Bloodspeaker", this woman with the mask that she was hunting for. She didn't give a damn what happened to her anymore, as long as he was safe. She was not a typical Rogue, she'd been well educated in fighting, arts of throwing a dagger and such of the likes, she'd even been taught magic, but tended to never resort to it. She was a well-educated woman, though most would have never known that. All "they" thought was that she was an un-educated street dweller, all the better. Shaking her head, he'd promised her that he'd be alright, but she knew the magics, she knew the darker side. More than once had Cheyenne encountered the darkness that was now washing over him. She'd decided to investigate the blood that still dripped on the wall, she'd thought that if merely touching the dagger would taint him, then the blood...the blood had to have done the same thing, but two times did he stop her from it. Grunting she started to wash her body. "Damn you Artemus Kurgen, damn you and what you've done to me." She could only hope that that linotaur guy kept his word and found the cure fast enough for Artemus.

Her fist impacted against the water, causing it to splash around her. She'd let herself get close to him, let her emotions start running wild. She shook her head, and shuddered at the thought, she'd had hoped to keep him from their touch by intercepting the glinting object that had flown towards him, but he'd still been touched...She cursed him silently again, she'd warned him but he'd assured her that it was fine, it was protected and bound by magic, but evidently the magic in the veil hadn't been enough, because the liontaur saw it...he saw the taint in him. "Damn you Artemus and damn you, you freeky woman. I'll find you, I swear it." But in the meantime Cheyenne had more training to attend to. She needeed to clear her mind again, there was so much going on, so much to deal with. Cheyenne became a very busy woman all of the sudden, yet she'd have it no other way. It was going to be a long day and a long night to follow. She couldn't wait to start this "training", she'd been so exasperated meeting Stick, and then to have her offer to teach her! Oh Chey couldn't wait, it couldn't be that bad...could it? Either way, she needed the release, and one could never have enough training, now could they? Smirking to herself, she ducked beneath the hot water.

-----A coupla hours later-----

Her trench coat flared out behind her as she raced through the alleyways of Rhydin, headed towards the street on the paper she gripped in her hand, weaving and swaying like the wind through the small pathways. She skidded to a halt, looking down at the building off to the left, "Shishi Mesu Do Girls' Academy." That had to be the place, checking once more she nodded to herself as she jumped down from the rooftop and adjusted the chains on her slim but toned waist, she was dressed no differently today than any other day, she tucked the paper back into her right back pocket and lifted her hand and rapped on the door, hooking her thumbs in the two front belt loops and waited...
"How dare you say that my behavior is unacceptable. So condescending unnecessarily critical. I have the tendency of getting very physical. So watch your step cause if I do you'll need a miracle."
Sarah The Stick
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Sarah The Stick »

It was too early for this.

At the edge of a freshly awakened-from bunk, Sami Zayn sat cross-legged, staring at the bottom of her bare right foot. A flat, suicidal ant clung lifelessly, its final act a scurry to its doom when the forewarned and still (in the depths of sleep) entirely unexpected knock at the front door launched her from beneath the sheets.

"Yuck," Sami said, flicking it off and across the room.

She wanted to wash it off. She really wanted to give her foot a good scrubbing, now, but no time to keep the visitor waiting. Sami's braid swung over her shoulder as she twisted around the doorway, scraping her foot against the floor to remove insect remnants. Small teenage feet padded downstairs quickly- Stick had already warned of a rough day ahead, she didn't want to think about how much worse it would get if she was caught sliding down the banister again- and blurred like hummingbird wings in her mad dash to the front door.

"Hi!" she said, blowing out the breath caught in her lungs.

"Hey," replied the stranger, barely recognized from the night before, even then as a peripheral memory. Sami saw the woman's smile, but there was something else in it, a smirk. Arrogance? Sami grinned back. That wouldn't last.

Neither would the greetings. Both turned towards the click of another knob, the door to Stick's room shutting behind her. She stared at the woman, pale as death and maybe a little more serious.

"I hope you got enough sleep."

Sami decided she could find a little time to wash up first.

"Tired yet?"

Cheyenne could feel her eyes expanding a little farther out her skull than they were supposed to. Snot dripped onto her upper lip, every cell exerting to finish off what had to be the four hundredth pushup of the morning. She heard herself mumble something, a count, finishing the movement and collapsing onto the lightly carpeted hardwood.

"Good job," said the voice of Stick, crouched over her. "But four sets of fifty is only two hundred."

"I must've been counting the situps too," Cheyenne croaked.

"That would make it six hundred. I don't know what kind of fights you get in, but they must not last very long if you think this poorly when you're tired." Stick set Cheyenne's honorary student-mug in front of her. "Get some water."

"Tired isn't the word." Cheyenne took the mug and struggled to her feet, concentrating on the labeling- DUEL OF FISTS- to survive the tortuous twenty-foot walk to the water bucket oasis. When she'd seen them initially, she had expected some bizarre but time-honored martial arts ritual of walking with them in hand, hanging off a pole resting on her shoulders, or some similar test of balance and concentration. It was a disappointment to hear they were solely for quenching thirst. Now, scraping the bottom of the second and knowing noon had not yet made itself known to the city, she wondered if the other two would last.

Sami sat quietly facing the wall, cross-legged, sipping from her personal cup. That one said "TALON OF REDWIN Participant" in flowing, artificially printed calligraphy, Cheyenne had noticed. Nothing in her demeanor suggested discomfort with the intense- insane- workout, though flushed cheeks and dripping sweat offered plentiful evidence she had taken part. Cheyenne remembered, distantly, hearing light, struggling grunts from the girl, and had to at least credit Stick with not playing favorites.

"Up," came the command, and Cheyenne realized one could be fair and still be out of their bleeping mind.

What was next? she thought, dutifully standing at attention to Sami's right as the newer student. Stick gauged them carefully. Cheyenne could feel the woman, who was not much older than her, delving into her bloodstream for one last ounce of life that could be drained before her rotting husk was tossed to the forest vultures, or maybe the Badside necros, philiacs and mancers alike.

Why was she still here? Stick said in the first five minutes that she could leave anytime she wanted, but if she did so before receiving permission, if she quit, she would not be allowed back. Cheyenne Fordyce was no quitter, that was why. But really, would it be quitting if there was no point to this torture? Sami was outlasting her, that much was clear, and maybe she was just being used to make Sami feel better by being able to outwork an older woman. After all, this was a "girls" academy, and technically she was a grown-up.

Go, Cheyenne. Go now before you get suckered in. Go now before this crazy woman kills you, or leaves you so exhausted some other jerk can't resist the urge to slit your helpless throat. Before Artemus needs you and you can't help him.

The hallucinations ended. She was going to stay, even if it did kill her.

"Time for lunch," Stick said. "Wash up while I get the food."

"I'll show you where to go," said Sami, crossing to the stairs.

Cheyenne wobbled uneasily, then followed, repressing the desire to hug Stick and bless her wonderful soul.

"How's she doing?"

"Surviving, barely. I had to call lunch a little earlier than I wanted to, but she wasn't going to make it through any more of that workout." Stick tracked through the gravel path next to Kheldar, each of them carrying two extra-large packages of spiced barbecue. "She forgot how to add."

"Add?"

"It's... not important." She inhaled deeply from the styrofoam hovering inches from her nose. "This smells too good."

"Yeah," Kheldar said, "but it wouldn't do for you to eat before the food gets back to your dojo. Some willpower for the sensei to show." He chuckled as Stick tapped his leg with a foot, scowling, and tried to push her mind away from food. "Hey, if you're all working so hard, why aren't you sweating?"

"They've been doing the work. I haven't."

Kheldar frowned. "I thought you always worked out with Sami."

"I do. Normally. But I couldn't afford to let Cheyenne outwork me, and I don't think she finds it odd the teacher isn't doing the same thing as the students."

Kheldar stopped. It had not escaped his notice she failed to look at him through her entire excuse. "Are you ok, Stick?"

"I'm fine." She paused in front of him. Unable to see Stick's mouth, it may have been a statue speaking to Kheldar, a statue using her not-for-discussion voice.

"Ok." He caught up in two strides.

"This food really does smell good," Stick commented, and nothing else was said.
Legendazona
Adventurer
Adventurer

Apparitions

Post by Legendazona »

The ghost whispered through the streets and alleys, following the woman Cheyenne as she went to and fro changing her clothes like some sort of uncertain yo-yo. But now the ghost knew where to find the woman, and this would be useful in the future.

Artemus had gone to Badside, but had not been fooled into believing the headless body was that of Alais.

Well, he did not know that there would be a new body in store for him.

As the woman opened the door, the ghost slid into the dwelling in a rush of cold air and began an inspection while the woman changed clothes yet again.
Legendazona
Druid High Priestess
Murdered in Life
Cheyenne Fordyce
Adventurer
Adventurer

Cheyenne's footsteps were unheard as she followed the younger girl, Sami towards the stairs. Her body ached from the hunt the night before and now, now her body was screaming at her. She'd not been worked this hard in several years. All of twenty-three years, Cheyenne had lived a lifetime and seen to much blood spilt. She huffed and puffed her way to the top of the stairs and followed Sami's directions to the washroom. In the quiet and privacy of the washroom, Cheyenne looked in the mirror. She held ever so faint bruises from the fights in the Outback from the night before, and if you looked close enough you could see the weariness in her eyes, but you could also see something else...something much more dangerous. There was a determination, born, breed and ingrained into the woman as she splashed the cool water against her flushed cheeks. Her hands smoothed back the stray locks of blonde hair that had fallen during the intense work-out. Her chest had finally stopped heaving from the adrenaline pumping heavily through her body. Lifting her head, water dripping from her face she looked into the mirror, "This is just what I needed." The look grew oddly cold as Chey continued to gaze at her own reflection in the mirror and her voice even colder. "I am coming for you masked one, be assured of that."

Mebbe she wasn't ready for the workout, but at least now she'd found someone to help train her more and help prepare her for any other "occurences" there would be in the near or far future. She'd never been so ravenous in her life as she descended the stairs and looked around for Stick, hell the rogue smelled the food before it even got there and blinked at the man that came with Stick. She'd not realized that in picking up lunch it meant a man too. But who was Chey to judge, she vaguely recognized him from the night before too. The smell of the spiced barbecue caused Cheyenne's mouth to salivate but she'd never let on as she watched the pair walking through the doors, she'd found a lean against a post in the Dojo.

She was ever so grateful to Stick for the service she was doing for her, that the woman coulda told Cheyenne that she had to stand on her head for the next four hours and the Rogue would do it. The sweat glistened and sheened on her toned abs as she watched them. She and Sami had been talking briefly over this and that, though Cheyenne had not said much into why she'd sought lessons or what had brought her to the fights. She'd kept it light, the less they knew, the better it was for Cheyenne. She didn't want Stick to find out anything that would cause her to stop the lessons, there was still so much more the Rogue needed to learn from her teacher, so many more days of this hell, but a good hell it was. Smirking she watched as Stick and Kheldar stopped near the them.

Sami, the younger girl had already set up a makeshift table typa thing with the settings, and Chey had had her curiousity perked when there were four settings and not only three but never said a word as she watched Stick lay out the food.

"Time to eat Cheyenne, then it's back to the last part of the workout, you'll be gone by four-thirty and I expect you back by eight tomorrow again and don't expect to be let out early every lesson."

A small grunt was all that Cheyenne offered in the means of resistance and a nod. "Thanks Stick, I owe ya for it."

"You earned it this time."

And that was all that went said between the four while they ate. It was a rather short-lived break and there was the command from Stick.

"Let's get it done."

-----------------------

As Stick had promised, she'd finished the lesson early on account that Chey had had previously made plans with Artemus before accepting lessons at the Dojo and Chey had left, not via rooftops this time, but resorted to a slow jog back to her house. She'd made one stop on the way, a small dress shop she'd seen on the way there this morning had caught Chey's attention. In which she'd purchased a simple, yet fittingly sexy evening gown, shoes and the likes to go with it. Now, as she lounged quite lazily in the fragrant bath, she was attuned to letting her muscles relax and her body calm after the rigorous work out provided by Stick. She'd enjoyed today more than she had thought she would. It proved to be a learning experience about the legendary "Stick" and Chey couldn't have been more pleased at who she'd picked to let physically train her body. A grin as she dove beneath the waters, silently preparing for the night with Artemus.
Artemus Kurgen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Artemus Kurgen »

Purity......how can is truly be measured?

Is it measuredby the strength of ones' heart?

Is it measured by a person's virtue?

Or is it something more?......Something that cannot be easily described, nor easily judged?

I do not have the answers to such a question at this time and I most likely never will. Though I am not pure....I am now more pure than I was before. The enchanted sleep of the jade circle has made me confront the demons within me and the horrors I have made in hte Kurgen name. Though my power to manipulate shadows has been severly diminished I am still strong enough to protect those that I now care about.

Though my powers have lessened my awareness of what is wrong with Rhydin has grown tremendously. Even in my sleep I sensed that Cheyenne was in danger, and I knew who from....Legendazona.

I have done nothing to that spirit and yet she wishes me gone and now threatens the first being to ever ensnare my heart. All because of Sylus and Alais. All beacause Legend will not rest until she sees the Eldarie bloodline made pure.

I have much to do and much with little to no time to do it in. Priority numero uno is to see Chey safe and make her as untouchable to Legendazona as can be......

Legend has no idea of the monster she is dealing with in me...Artemus Allon Kurgen......
Artemus Allonan Kurgen
Headmaster of Arcanum Academy
Proprietor of Dark Wolf and Leopard Jewelers.
Cheyenne Fordyce
Adventurer
Adventurer

It'd been much to long to Chey since she'd last seen Artemus. She'd known that he had to fight the taint...fight it alone and so she'd kept her distance and tried to focus more on her sanity and the hunt for the Blood Speakers.

Every morning she was up and gone by half past seven and headed towards the Dojo to train more with Stick and she was coming to the stark realization that the woman was not crazed or insane with the workouts but purely just...well Stick.

Sylus had given her the address to the Keep and told her to go and see him, that he'd like to see her but she'd faught the urge to race through the alleyways towards the Keep. No, Chey would for now resort to training every morning as she had been with Stick and reading about the Blood Speakers and fighting in the Arena and Outback. She would find this woman with the mask and she would have her own revenge. Cheyenne was sure of this. As she sat there on the couch in her living room, the breeze floating through the window and her barely touched lunch sitting on the coffee table, something caused goosebumps to rise on her flesh. Something was touching her neck, something was not right..."What the hell?" She felt the grip on her neck tighten, and Cheyenne didn't even know the half of it as the voice spoke.

"Hell is a good choice of words lass."

It startled Cheyenne so deeply that for a moment she had almost thought she was dying as she flailed around and swatted at whatever was gripping her throat. "Who the hell are you, what the hell are you and what the HELL are you doing in MY house?" She felt the chill as it swept through the room, pale blue eyes focused on whatever she could see of the Casper wannabe that was invading her home. The rage slowly boiling inside the rogue.

"I've come with warning for your lover, that is if you value his life."

Cheyenne was a vague acquaintence with fear, but it pulsed through her body now at the spirit's words. She didn't lead on to it as she did what Cheyenne did best, she danced circles around the ghost, feeling her out. "I beg ya pardon?"

"I did not realize you were hard of hearing. Or is it more that you are incapable of understanding plainly spoken words?"

"I can understand you, but it seems you've me mistaken for another. I have no lover." She felt the caress from beyond against her neck, it burned into her tender flesh as she remained still as a statue beneath the spirit.

"Love, boyfriend, friend.... it matters not if you've bedded the man, you are fond of him, and that is no mistake."

"How do you know so damn much about me huh? No one knows about me here, at least not where I've been going lately." Chey tried to dance around the spirit, tried to evade the questions and the answers, tried not to endanger Artemus anymore as she watched the materialization of the mirror in front of her, clearly disturbed that one could walk in her dreams. Cheyenne had been told tales of Dream Walkers ever since she was a tiny baby, but her Nana had told her that Dream Walkers were well beyond their time and here this spirit was telling her that she had seen Chey's dreams from the night before. She muttered and sputtered about it for some time, trying to draw the ghost away from it's message, but it was not so easily swayed as Chey soon found out and she relented as she spoke. "If a message ya came to deliver, then freekin deliver it already."

"Your lover, Artemus needs to get his brother and leave RhyDin. If you value his life, you will encourage him to go. You can, of course, go with them. Sylus is the one that needs to go, and he will not go as long as Artemus remains. It is Sylus that is the risk, but Artemus who will be in danger if they do not go. If you want to go with them, I can see you well supplied with gold to allow you to start new lives elsewhere."

So that was the span of the message over another half hour of trying to dance around it, trying to weave the brothers out of the picture and putting herself at risk. The spirit would not be moved from her own agenda. She'd given no inclination of agreement, no inclination of disagreement. She'd merely asked questions and tried to find out why this spirit was so haunted by the Kurgen brothers and had only brought herself to more thinking and more worries as she uttered two words. "How long?"

"I'll give you a week to make your choice."

Her jawline was set firm as the rage and fear boiled inside the rogue, and she faught what seemed to be the battle of her life, to keep it in check as she watched the spirit. "Fine, now get the hell outta my house."

"We'll meet in a week."
Cheyenne Fordyce
Adventurer
Adventurer

She had never asked anybody for help, that just wasn't who Cheyenne Tyler Fordyce was. She was a loner, a misfit, a rogue...a creature of the darkest nights in Rhydin. She found herself tracing over the material of the cloak long after the spectre had left her home, the burning sensation still fresh on her skin. Shuddering she knew what she had to do, she had no choice. This spectre was much beyond her knowledge of the dead and beyond, much beyond her simple knowledge of magics. Artemus had caught her heart, of this Chey was almost certain and if not her heart, he had caught something inside the lone rogue and it was worth trying to find out what exactly it was, so she was privy to keep him around. Her mind was made up, Cheyenne Tyler Fordyce was going to ask for help, for advice on how to take care of this matter and if she could at all help it, without him getting involved.

It was a half hour now before the fights were to open and she could only hope that Sylus would be there tonight, she would confide in him and go from there on what to do about the annoying little ghost that had found want in Cheyenne.

-----Later that night-----

She'd gone to the Annex that night to find peace of mind inside a few fights and had hoped that Sylus would be there. She very much had wanted to see Artemus as well, though she had hoped it were Sylus that she would see first and not Artemus as she knew he had had enough on his proverbial plate as of late and cared not to really trouble his mind with this little Casper incident. So a few fights and beers later, she was relieved to see that Sylus' latest fight had ended and she flailed him down...quite literally as she related her troubling news to him.

The rogue had dressed in her normal attire, black leather pants, steel toed boots, three various chains, assortment of "friends" hidden on her person, tight black tshirt and her trench, though the collar pulled tightly around her neck to hide the burnmarks of which she now showed Sylus. It surprised the rogue that Sylus knew immediately of who had inflicted the burns on her and she was quite baffled but continued to blurt out her entire story and then sat back and listened to Sylus as he filled in the gaps for the rogue. She was confused and baffled, it just didn't all fit together, and yet it did. It made perfect sense to her why Legendazona wanted the Kurgen brothers out of Rhydin. But Cheyenne would still not be swayed. "It is simple, I will take care of it my way even if I die doing it. I need to find that damn ghost, and I need to find it now." There was a danger in the rogues normal pale blue eyes, almost a fire that burned deep inside her.

"You will do nothing. You are not strong enough to battle that pesky poltergeist."

Cheyenne was not accustomed to people protecting her, people telling her she couldn't do anything, those people did not live very long. So she found herself torn between Sylus' words and the truth that he was probably right, but Cheyenne was not a quitter, and she would not give up. If she died trying to kill it and managed to kill it or seal it some paranormal sealant jar, then good...at least he was safe...at least they were safe. It didn't matter what happened to her. "I have no choice, it enters my house of it's own will. In one week's time she will find me again and then is when I give her my final answer. There is nothing that can be done of it. So if I find it first, mebbe I'll stand a chance." And again she was slapped with the reality that her powers and training, though well bred into her, were not the ways of this Ghostbuster's Wanna-be Slimey thing...for once something had the upper hand on Chey and that nearly brought her to her knees. There was nothing this rogue couldn't do on her own, nothing she couldn't over come but this and the masked woman, proved to be breaking all those boundaries as she shot daggers at Sylus, it wasn't his fault, but right now...Cheyenne was in that mood. "I need another beer and another fight." She'd had enough talk and evidently from his tone and actions, he had too and he was quick to oblige her with a way out of her insanity...for now.

-------------------------

Chey'd been so absorbed in her thoughts after the fight that she'd not even paid attention to the now stunningly beautiful woman that was near her at the bar and Sylus behind it until the woman spoke and nearly caused Chey to fall offa the stool she'd been sitting on.

"Ah dae 'ear ye've 'ad a run in wi' soomeone Ah ken verra well."

Once Chey could figure out what the woman was saying they talked for awhile and Chey had to relate the entire Carrie incident to her, though she'd heard Artemus speaking of the woman and a bit and a piece of her from Sylus, she didn't know whether or not she could trust the woman, but the fact that the spirit was an old friend of Alais had caught her attention and the mere fact that the Kurgen brothers had gone to hell and back to save the woman meant a slight bit to Chey as she revealed the tale in full and showed her the marks on her neck that Legendazona had left earlier that day. Chey's gaze inadvertently snapped to the woman, a fury burning in them at her words.

"Yer nae tae seek th' ghost oot lass. Ah mus' needs dae 't, an' yer nae a party tae this."

Oh now that had did it for Cheyenne as she rose with a fury before Alais and glared at her. Who the hell was this woman to tell Cheyenne she couldn't do something. First it was Sylus but at least he'd made sense of it and this woman, this person who knew a dime about Chey was telling her she couldn't get involved because it didn't concern her? Well to hell with her, this concerned her as it did anyone else...because it concerned Artemus. Her words were clearly spoken, though the growl surrounded the three there, "I am a part of this as much as anybody bleepin else, it threatened the man I love!" She'd not realized her voice was so strong as it rose and she blinked at her own words, flushing horribly as she stood now on shaky legs, pale blue eyes scurried over the gathered, as she back-stepped away from them, trying to find a clear path to the door or even a window. She had to go, had to get out, had to find Legendazona before she found her. "I gotta go, gotta get the hell outta here. Gotta find that damn ghost." She cringed as the woman's graceful voice rose with an authority that shook Cheyenne's core.

"CHEYENNE! Ye'll nae seek th' ghost... dae 'Ah 'ear ye art, Ah shall lock ye away whence ye'll ne'er get oot 'ntil 't ist done. Th' ghost ist mine friend Cheyenne, an' there fore, mine tae deal wi'"

"Do you wish to keep Artemus safe? Yes or No?"

The question burned in her mind as she saw flashes of Artemus, her skin warmed at the tenderness she felt when with him and her resolve broke as she spoke quietly with Sylus. He had surprised her when she had said that she needed to seek advice and confidence in Artemus' thoughts on this all and a bond that brothers shared was shown to Chey that night and totally weirded her out but again her resolve broke as she broke down and told Artemus everything through Sylus and her last words to him, shocked her as well, though her voice was barely above a whisper she trembled to her knees. "Artemus I think I love you." She was startled as Artemus' essence faded and Sylus' voice returned.

"I think you should talk of this with Artemus in person...."

And Chey of course did what she did best of all thing's, Cheyenne Tyler Fordyce tried to dance her way outta that meeting. "I well um I donno if that's such a good idea yasee I just remembered that I um have to um." And her pale blue eyes quickly searched for a clear path the hell outta the Annex for the second time that night, and then there was a hand and some mumbo jumbo from Sylus and more lude curses from Cheyenne as he spirited her away.
Shahai Iida
Adventurer
Adventurer

Unholy Alliances

Post by Shahai Iida »

You know, a person cannot walk in RhyDin in peace. I went to the Isle, looking for some hot tea and a quiet evening out. I was not looking for trouble, and yet I was acosted by a young woman the moment I reached a table at the Isle. She was clearly a child of the streets, with the mannerisms and vulgar speech associated with that level of existence. The urchin carried a knife, and she came deliberately seeking to bait me into a fight. Her gentleman is the one who'd shot me once before, and it was him I worried most about. And then there was Dimitri. The one my Master had the agreement with, the one who would not fulfill his end of the bargain that had been struck.

My blood dagger slid easily into my hand as the street urchin continued her innane banter. It would have been so sweet to sink my dagger into her chest, opening the lungs and watching pink froth spill forth, but, alas, Daigotsu had told me to lay low for awhile, and I could not make the first move against her.

She babbled about having a message for me, yet never got around to stating it.

Vanion stepped forward at that point, and challenged Artemus to back off. "I...don't...think....so. Leave the poor witch alone. She's just one woman."

Cheyenne continued to babble about someone looking for Daigotsu and myself as my attention focused more on Vanion. Cheyenne asked me if I was going to pay attention to her, but I was more intrigued with Vanion. At that point, she chimed up with "Are you sure about that, or maybe I'll just go and find Yajindin, I'm sure he'd be more interested anyway."

I linked my arm with Vanion, wrapping a blood tendril around the vampire's wrist. Turning obsidian eyes on Cheyenne, "I very much doubt you of all people can find the Third One."

Dimitri kept trying to talk to me, but I'd made an agreement with Vanion to leave Dimitri alone in exchange for other things.

Vanion grew weary of the others and said "The next person to attempt to harm this ... woman .... on this Isle, will meet with the full resistance of the Keeper of Fire. And you'll find on this Isle, most of you breathe at my complete mercy."

Esperwind spoke up at that point. "Do not assume I will be so inclined Vanion."

I looked over at Esper, "you have no quarrel with me".

He smiled and let it be known that when he became the Keeper of Fire, I would not nave the same promise of a defender.

" I have made no overt actions against any here Esper, why should the Keeper of Fire not offer protection?"

Esper's reply made me laugh. "And besides, no overt action does not imply that one is not a threat, or needs to be defended."

"Do I look dangerous to you?" I shot back.

"Looks have always been deceiving here" he replied. I laughed, he is absolutely correct, but I had not been the aggressor this night.

Vanion subsequently invited me into the Tower of Fire. I left with the vampiric elf while Dimitri continued to try to reach me. I do not know what he desired, but I had given my word to Vanion, and Dimitri is Vanion's to command.

((Cross posted in Duel of Magic))
Cheyenne Fordyce
Adventurer
Adventurer

((This story is now continued in the thread, Hidden Truth.))

Return to “Order of the Black Rose”