The Missive

RhyDin home of the sorceress from Nitesong.

Moderators: Alais d Nitesong, Ulysses

Alais d Nitesong
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Location: Matlal, Riverbend, I' Taurn or Nitesong, depending on time of year

Post by Alais d Nitesong »

Alais watched Sylus for long moments.

"Yer righ' aboot manna thin's. Ye didst once feel safe 'ere, wi' me. An' aye, there was anoother 'ere jus' b'fore ye were summoned. Yer abilita tae scent 'im doth r'main intact."

She took a sip of the amber liquid inside the crystal snifter.

"As fer wha' Ah'd dae were Ah 'n yer place, Ah cannae say. Bu' mayhap a wee bit o' 'onesty wouldst 'elp. Yer bu' buyin' time, fer wha' purpose Ah cannae say."

She let her words sink in a moment, "An' ye've coome back a man Ah dinnae ken 't all. Prithee, 'ow dae ye thin' Ah dae feel facin' a man whom doth look familiar, bu' whose d'meanor ist as foreign as Ah mus' be tae thee."
Lady Alais d' Arma Graham d' Nitesong Sidhe
Sylus Kurgen
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Sylus Kurgen »

"Ahh, but you then all ready know how I feel in regards to you, Lady Alais. You feel familiar, yet you are like nothing I have encountered before. And as for being truthful, since arriving here I have been nothing but. You say I'm buying time and not asking the right questions? I call it establishing a timeline to get a complete image of what all has come to pass that I am not allowed to remember." His steps moved towards her now, his boots barely making any sound as they moved across the floor.

"I am giving you every benefit of the doubt, my dear, for if I truly wished to hurt you, trust that I would have done so already. There is no contract on you, and I have no reason to draw my blades. I have taken lives for many reasons , but to kill without reason has never been one of them." carefully he knelt down in front of her and steepled his hands over his knees while looking at her, his face still a mask, but the eyes, it was the eyes that melted a few degrees showing a touch of warmth.

"I ask these questions about what took place between us because if it was as special as that figurine," he pointed to it on the window sill. "feels to be, then hearing you talk about it may trigger a memory."
~Wanderer of Redemption's Road~
Alais d Nitesong
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

She shook her head slightly at his charge that had he wanted to harm her, he already would have.

"Ye r'member why ye haff giffen th' spheres tae summon ye back?" She watched as he weighed her question.

"Thence ye'd ken tha' ye oonla giff 'em tae those wi' a need tae reach thee." He'd told her that such things had been given to clients who would perhaps have a need to reach him, and he'd given one to her, and one Rhaine.

"'f Ah'd 'ad a reason 'r need tae seek thee, thence by d'duction, ye'd ken tha' Ah didst mean enou' tae ye tha' ye wanted me tae haff a means o' findin' thee 'n time o' need."

So at least she hoped he'd realize that she'd once meant enough to him that he'd wanted her to find him in case of need.
Sylus Kurgen
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Sylus Kurgen »

He could only smile a little as she continuted to dance around his own inquiries and press her own. This game was interesting at best, but it still gained neither of them any ground.

"If I remembered why I gave you that sphere, would I have asked what happened between us? No, I wouldn't have."

It was his turn now to let those words fliter through as he watched her carefully with scrutinizing eyes that seemed more like a scientists watching an creature in a jar and wondering what made it tick

"And yes, I once gave such items to clients should they have need of my services more than once, it's called being on retainer. But from what I sense in you and from this place, you were never a client nor did you pay me to do anything.

Yet, you still called me here to warn me about some plot on my life. For that I thank you, and since then I have asked you questions about our former relationship to which you have offered general statements. You are dancing around my questions and asking your own. It almost feels like you do not want me to remember what my mind has lost..."

Those last few words held an edge to them as the mask came back in full swing with that smile that could mean everything or nothing at all. In that moment the jewels on Redemption flashed soflty in their blue incandescence, the sentient blade speaking soflty into his mind to press that statement.
Alais d Nitesong
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

She canted her head slightly, "wha' 'appened b'tween us was soom'thin' beautiful, bu' th' man b'fore me ist nae th' man wi' whom Ah shared tha' time."

"Nay, Ah was nae client. Ah'd neffer seen th' cold one ye've b'come since ye didst d'part froom RhyDin." Silver eyes levely regarded him as he spoke.

"Aye, Ah didst call ye tae me 'n an effort tae save yer life, bu' ye dinnae seem tae wish tae b'lieve me an 'th' missive tha' was d'livered 'ere. Ye've a familial past Sylus tha' makes yer trustin' yer oon blood verra dangerous. Ah'd nae haff ye dead 't th' 'ands o' family 'f Ah mayst stop 't."

She knew his blocked memory would not allow him to remember the hours they had spent here, the hours they'd spent running through the forests of the property, but she wasn't certain she wanted to resurrect those moments.

Ulysses brief return had once again brought her world down in pieces around her.
Sylus Kurgen
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Sylus Kurgen »

It was his turn to offer a slight shake of his head. Redemption had been right on the money. Yet one more reason to trust that blade. His eyes watched the floor for several moments as he listened to her go on about his family. He knew full well how dangerous his kin could be. Yet the way she spoke hinted that he may not have been fully understanding of it during his time here.

"Could my time here have truly made me a weakling who is guided by emotion rather than logic?" the words were a bare whisper under his breath, though he had not meant to say it out loud.

"I am well aware of how dangerous my family is, Lady Alais, for only the worst sort of family would give their children away to be raised by strangers. And if it is Chimara you refer to, as does that missive, then I am also aware of how dangerous it is, despite the fact that of all I have seen and met since my return, it is the only bring that has offered to return my memories...."
Sylus Kurgen
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Sylus Kurgen »

With the proverbial cat removed from its back he gave her only the faintest smile and walked back to the window by which he had appeared. Both hands resting gently on the pommels of his blades.

"Know one thing, Lady Alais. I have no past. I have no present. And when this ordeal with my ancestor is over, I will be but a memory in this world."

A bitter laugh rolled from him then as he stepped into the nearest shadow and disappeared from the I'Taurn.
Alais d Nitesong
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Silver eyes remained fixed upon the flames as they shrank away from the Elder. "Ah didst try Khirsah tae ge' th' mon tae see tha' 't ist folly tae play th' way 'e ist wi' tha' power, bu' Sylus hath b'coome soome one Ah dinnae ken anna longer."

The flames changed from the warming yellow reds to a colder blue interlaced with the pale yellows. She had never noticed that the Elder had such an effect upon the flames before, yet somehow it seemed to fit him.

"Ah'll warn Artemus, much as Ah dinnae care fer th' mon. 'e'll need tae ken wha' Sylus ist daein'."

A big hound padded into the room, pausing to give the Elder a long look before curling up beside Alais. His almond eyes however never left the tall man near the fireplace.

Return to “Quiet Return”