Unwanted Ties

RhyDin home of the sorceress from Nitesong.

Moderators: Alais d Nitesong, Ulysses

Alia Anor Graham
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Unwanted Ties

Post by Alia Anor Graham »

It had been months since she’d gone to the dueling arenas. There had been so much to do at the Temple and the Orphanage, and the Hospice. Additionally, the nearly successful attempt on her life had left Alia Anor a bit afraid to go wandering around Rhydin alone.

Dimitri had gone missing after the authorities had come to the Temple for him, and so she had remained behind the protective walls of the Temple. But, tonight she had ventured out. Something drew her with a restless energy.

She walked into the portal that would take her to Twilight Isle in her ivory robes, and walked toward the rings. She was greeted by the caller for the evening, and as she took a seat, she requested a tequila from one of the goblins.

Pushing the ivory hood back, she surveyed the beach area, and when the goblin brought her drink, she set it onto the blanket beside her.

Just as she was about to take a sip of the tequila, she heard a familiar voice, and as she turned to look in the direction, she saw Dimitri walk out of the shadows of the forest, and be greeted by wyheree. After exchanging pleasantries with her, he saw Alia Anor, and slowly began to walk toward her. Stopping short of her current perch.

Her voice was very soft, “Dimitri?”

He nodded and bowed as he looked into her eyes before she asked him to join her. He did, sitting down on the blanket beside her. “You look terrible Dimitri,” she told him, and his reply was quite the opposite to her, “You look wonderful.”

Her gaze dropped to the ground, “I never thanked you for saving me.” And he slid his hand into hers, “it’s okay.”

She looked up slowly at him then, “I heard they came for you, and that you simply let them take you.”

He nodded solemnly, “I did.” She didn’t understand and asked him why he’d done that. He shrugged, “Because I did it. It was my fault. I payed for what I did.”

Her aqua eyes studied him in detail, “How could you do such a thing?”

He was troubled by her question, “I don’t know,” he told her, and in truth, he did not know. These things were happening when he was not cognizant of them, and that seemed to eat at him.

She lowered her gaze again, “Have you gone to the White Lady?” He had not, but told her he was probably going to. He was running out of options, and things were not improving. Alia Anor looked into his troubled eyes, “She will help you.”

A smile lit Dimitri’s features, the first one in a very long time, “If you trust her, I will.”

Alia Anor nodded and gave him a tremulous smile, “I have great faith in her.”

Dimitri leaned closer, placing a kiss gently on her cheek. “How do I join?”

Alia Anor smiled brightly, “Seek the White Lady out, they will prepare you for the initiation.” She linked her arm in his as he asked when the initiation could begin. She told him they would ask Sister Lily, and that she was so happy to hear that he had chosen to join her as a member of the Temple.
Alia Anor Graham d' Nitesong Sidhe
Alia Anor Graham
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

About that time, Rosie appeared with three men bearing trays of warm cinnamon rolls, and Alia Anor lifted her nose to the enticing scent. “Oh my. Those smell wonderful.”

He chuckled as she rose, heading for one of the trays of sinful delights. “Do you want one?” At his nod, she grabbed two of the rolls and returned to where he sat. He held out his hand for one of the rolls and she dropped it into his outstretched hand before sitting beside him and taking a bite of the warm confection. “They don't precisely go with my tequila, but….”

Dimitri bit into his, “Hmmmm. I haven’t had food like this in a loong time.” She smiled at him, telling him they needed to get him out more often to remedy that condition. He gave her a somber look, “Jail and hospitals don’t serve these.”

She nodded, “No, but you are out now, and we will get you some decent food.” Whereupon he promptly leaned over and kissed her cheek.

She nibbled on the roll, and then told him she wanted to duel, and asked if he would like to accompany her, or should she seek another. He agreed to duel her and they headed for a ring.

Their duel was just ending when Alia Anor tensed. A well known sorceress had just appeared on the Isle, and the Temple’s Sister did not wish to see this particular person. They had avoided one another for a very long time, and suddenly here she was, watching her.

Dimitri noted her sudden stillness, and glanced around to see Alais just as Alia Anor resolutely turned her back.

Alais stopped near the rings as Alia Anor told Dimitri no more night mares as her biggest one just arrived. Dimitri sighed, “yes love.”

Alais simply waited outside the ring, watching her daughter, who was pulling her hood up and thanking the caller. She then told Dimitri she was returning to the Temple.

He followed her out of the ring, “Alia Anor, please, don’t.” Just as Alais softly called to her daughter.

Alia Anor paused, looking at Dimitri, “there is no point for me to remain. Not here.” She hadn’t meant her words to be so harsh, but she wanted no part of any discussion with the woman who claimed to be her mother.

Alais moved closer to her, and Alia Anor spun away, “go away!”

Alais spoke very softly, “I will not keep you, but there is something you should know.”

Druid moved slightly, pulling a wand from his robes.

Alia Anor reached for Dimitri’s hand, “Please, I need to go Dimitri.” Alais remained close, addressing Dimitri, “you were there. I need to tell her.”

Dimitri paused, “Alia Anor. At least listen to her. Just this once. For me?”

Alia Anor gave Dimitri an incredulous look, “She has nothing to say that I want to hear.”

He then asked her to simply block Alais out and stay with him, just remain at his side. She surrounded herself in silence, “I will not listen to her Dimitri. And the Island has lost its appeal.”

Alais tried again, “Alia Anor, you may not believe it, but I know you would want to know that something has happened regarding your father.”
Alia Anor Graham
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Alais glanced toward the stars as Lord Momus arrived, and his frown was instantaneous as he caught sight of both mother and daughter in the same location. He lifted a hand, placing it lightly on Alais’ shoulder and moved toward Alia Anor. “Lady Graham…”

She turned to look at the old man, “Sister Alia Anor.” She corrected him as Dimitri moved toward the treeline cursing in elvish.

Tass spoke softly, “forgive me.. but I call only one sister, and she is no longer of this world.”

Alia Anor insisted it was her name, and not the one by which he had addressed her. And he countered that it was nothing more than a title, but he would compromise and simply call her Alia Anor.

Alais followed Dimitri toward the forest, trusting Tasslehofl with delivering the message she had come to deliver. Dimitri paused at the treeline. “Please wait Dimitri, I only hoped to tell her so she would know, but you were there. You know the truth.”

He nodded at Alais, “Its just...that...she wont talk to her mother. I would do anything in the world to see my mother again...”

Alais nodded, “she has her reasons Dimitri.” He looked up at Alais, asking if she had truly left when Alia Anor was very little. Alais closed her eyes a moment, “yes.” Dimitri mulled that over a moment before asking “but you returned.” Alais had returned, but it appeared that she had much too late.

As Alais was speaking with Dimitri, Lord Momus asked Alia Anor if she would suffer to speak with him a moment. At her nod of ascent, and stating that she would not listen if it had anything to do with Alais, he continued, “though the Lady Nightsong is a friend of mine, your matters with her are not mine.. no, my words are not about her.” His gaze held hers a moment before the purple dragon hues started to glow, pulling the weight of his words down, “your father has returned.” Tasslehofl turned then and moved back towards the rings slowly. His staff ringing against the stone walkway.

Alia Anor paled before her voice cut the silence, “LIES!”

Dimitri left Alais, running toward Alia Anor. Tass passed him, his words carrying across the beach, “believe what you wish.. the truth remains the same, and my message is delivered.”

Fury etched her features, “Vile, filthy LIE!”

Dimitri reached her side, standing infront of her to try to calm her, “Alia Anor! Shhh. Calm down.”

Alais turned slowly, studying her daughter from a distance. “No Alia Anor, truth.”

Tass spoke softly to Dimitri, “you may wish to inform the Lady Graham I'll suffer no berating.. my mood is already thin.”

Alia Anor hissed at Dimitri, “she lies!”

Alais and Tass met near the rings, she thanked him softly for delivering the news that Alia Anor had refused to hear from her lips.

Dimitri held Alia Anor a moment, “Actually... She doesnt. I was there I saw him.” Her hands were shaking and her attention snapped toward Dimitri. “He's dead. That's the reason she deserted us!”

He stepped back, “No he has come back I saw him. Do you not believe me?”

Alia Anor glared daggers at Alais, “Foul sorcery! Dimitri, he can't come back. Only a "necromancer" brings back the dead!”

Dimitri shook his head, “I don’t know how or what. But he is back.”

She paled further, “This is not possible. Not now.” Then she turned and ran for the portal, leaving Dimitri alone in the sand. His eyes turned black a moment then faded back to golden.

Tass paused beside him as he and Alais were about to depart the Isle, “control it.. or you will not like what will come from it.”

With that, the dragon and the sorceress departed the Isle.

Return to “Quiet Return”