Visiting Cory

Horses, farm hands, and stories from Rhydin's countryside. Welcome to the less refined side of town... we suggest you kick off your heels and slip on some boots.

Moderators: Cory, Anjolie Quinn

Lerida
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Visiting Cory

Post by Lerida »

Out of the Coach and down the dirt track her feet took her.

It was a new side of town, the East, for her a girl of the West, with her parlour and friends and whole life revolving around a matter of streets. But she liked it that way.

Though life was a changing, and she was growing more and more open to the wider world. With nothing to hide from anymore, she was herself. No more hiding in tight little dresses and red hair, she was dressed as a proper Venusian should-the blue corkscrew hair, the purple and black ensemble, like a walking paen to her heritage, and those that had saved her a few too many times as a teenager, wild child, on the streets and roofs of Desdichado.

Here, walking tall and looking sharp, she headed towards the ranch house, bright eyes narrowed as they spied the distance, and the expanse of land. Tne note she'd received had been ambiguous for the most part, but she respected that, being what it was they were to meet over.

Up the track and further into the yard she dwelled, a hand in her hair, a gesture used when unsure, as she scanned the place, and then headed for the door.
Cory
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
The IronMan

Post by Cory »

If he wasn't out in the dust bowl then Cory was not at work. Today was his day at bucking bean. Clouds of disturbed earth stirred in the wind until the southerner threw himself off the Philly. Partially because she was nearing injury in her attempts to throw Cory off, also because Hank was hollaring for his attention.

"Corrrrr-eh!" Brown gloves cut through the haze and lured Cory in closer for relief. "In the yard there, we's gotsa guest. Prolly ya sistah 'gain." Hank took firm hold over Cory's collar until the man regained composure.

"Eh.." With a shrug of shoulders he freed himself from Hank's hold and bolted to Memphis. Leaping momentum vaulting him atop the saddle, reigns urged left and drove the black mustang across dusty plains.

Seeing the woman was well atop the porch and out of range Memphis steered away and brought his rider within feet of the front steps. A swing of his leg and Cory threw himself from the mount. Chocolate brown eyes surveyed the womaned displayed before him.

"Ya come in search o' the bes' equines in RhyDin t'pull ya coach? I see ya got an ol' mare in the stocks." Jogs up the steps for greeting. Meaty right hand extended out. "Johnathan Havoick 'ere t'help."
"I took your guilt and placed it into me..."
Lerida
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Lerida »

Meaty right looked at a moment, while her delicate, pale one was untucking the serviette from her vest pocket. A tilt of her head, corkscrew-blues bobbing into the breeze like spirals of streamer.

"I'm the receiver....Though, if and when I need a stallion, I'll keep you in mind"

A sassy smile, chin high, the proud miss retucked the serviette and held out her hand to his.

"Call me G.G"

A glance about the property and then back to his eyes, unwavering.

"Gotta place where we can take this conversation?"

Her head tilted the other way, and she arched a brow a touch, eyes hooded and curious.

Return to “Tales from the Golden Sun”