A Visitor

Horses, farm hands, and stories from Rhydin's countryside. Welcome to the less refined side of town... we suggest you kick off your heels and slip on some boots.

Moderators: Cory, Anjolie Quinn

Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

A Visitor

Post by Illusia »

The gentle breeze caused the cloak she held about her elegant form to rustle gently about her body. The hood stayed fast to her, hiding her face from any that might happen upon her as she stood on the outskirts of the Golden Sun.

Emerald and silver gaze traveled over the vast ranch, a sigh parted her lips as she smiled to herself. Her brother had done very well for himself. She'd almost envied him.

Slow steps took her closer towards the ranch now. Gloved fingertips trailed over the sturdy fence, no doubt her brothers handiwork, if not someone well trained by him.

Her head canted to the side a bit...it was...unusually quiet for this time of day. She shrugged to herself, thinking that they must just all be very busy. Her brother had offered the invite, but she'd decided to visit without the bustle and hustle that was...the Drasoini family.

With Amber and Max both in Rhy'Din schools now. Ilonean and Rak would see to their care, after hours. Setiva and Kolanos were both back at their respective schools. Dracos had to leave again for a bit of time...so Illusia honestly...had nothing else to really bid her time with.

She sighed a bit as she moved through the gates and towards the path that would take her to the front door of the ranch house. A deep breath taken...in hopes that Anjolie would still be as fond of her as she had been before she'd disappeared...

There was still business for the women to finish, but that would again come in time. Lifting her chin and her pride, she rapped upon the door.
Cory
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
The IronMan

Post by Cory »

A grouping of men lined along the perimeter of the fence. Various looks shot toward the dominate figure in the flatlands. On up the chain word traveled before Hank was hollaring at Cory.

"Coreh! We got ourselves a visit'ah! Hands waving about.

The Handy-Man himself was shouting at poor Derek. Three years with Beth and Anjolie and the stable hand had never been treated this way.

"Pull the reigns tight ya ignoramus! Ya wanna control the horse, na the oth'ah way 'round! He's gonna send ya face first inta the dirt!!" Memphis troted impatiently at watching his breed act natural. Until it was Hank directing Cory's attention toward the property fence. Died robes recognized instantly.

"Keep an eye on 'em, Hank. Family's in town." Taking cue from heels driven into his hide Memphis sets off in a gallop toward the ranch house. It wasn't his intent to frighten dear Lus, but the specially bred 'stang provided by his wife had a way of commanding attention.

A jerk of leather and the horse reared away, presenting Cory with a broadside view.

"Better get inside fo' the welcome wagon rolls out!"
"I took your guilt and placed it into me..."
Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Illusia »

Her aura flickered about her form as she stood there in the gentle breeze of the day. She'd thought she'd heard something, a bit off into the back of the ranch and into the distance. But it was not her property to be poking around on. So she'd wait as patiently as one could, when their nerves were quite unsettled.

She hadn't been standing there terribly long, but becoming fidgety and had been about to leave when she felt the ground shake beneath her, though it were not a tremendously frightening thing...only slight in it's own, but enough that would cause her to blink and turn on her heel to see her brother atop the stunning animal, her breath caught in her throat at the sight of him. She shook her head, laughter in the depths of her emerald and silver gaze as she canted her head to the side.

"Indee'. I decide' after some thought ta take ye up on yer offer an visit ye 'ere. I dinnae 'ope I am takin' ye away from ana thin' ta important."

Her gaze traveled over the animal that he sat upon, an appreciative smile turned her lips.

"A beautiful animal ye've got there brother. Stron' as they come from tha looks o' 'im."
Cory
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
The IronMan

Post by Cory »

"I knew ya would. Where's the res' o' ya?" The subtle way about the missing familia, but still wearing a smile. Memphis settled over time, back to his patient troting to a fro. Always had to be moving.

"Quinn would'na let me ride on an'a less. Go on inside! Can't say fo' sure iff'n Quinn's home. She's been wakin' up as early as I do. Liz'll make sure ya at home. Iff'n Hochi's in there be sure t'tell'em he's lookin' rough 'n tumble like a fighter, eh?" Wasn't more than five minutes away before he heard the whinning of horse and the boisterous laughter of Hank and men.

"Lunch is comin' up soon. Getcha a glass o' tea. I go' boys ta handle." Lus is given a wink and tradmark smile. His steed urged back in the direction of the stables.
"I took your guilt and placed it into me..."
Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Illusia »

It was good to be home. This she was sure of as she listened to her brother and nodded to him.

"Tha children are all in classes an Dracos 'as 'ad ta take leave fer a time unbeknownst as o' yet."

Laughing merrily, she nodded to him. A hand motion as if shooing him on his way to take care of his business, they would talk later after he'd had time to finish his business. She gently shouldered the door open, peeking around it as she stepped inside.
Anjolie Quinn
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Sarcastic

Post by Anjolie Quinn »

Elizabeth was bustling around in her usual manner. The sound of the screen door was ignored for the most part as she stirred through a bowl of thick corn batter. The scent of sugared ham was wafting through the house along with the breeze. It was cool enough that all the windows were open and the sounds of the training outside could be heard every once and a while.

The dark-haired femme had just returned from her greenhouse paradise and was heading towards the stairs to change whenever the colorful garments of her favorite mage caught an eerie golden eye. A few tentative steps were taken down the hallway to make sure this wasn't an illusion. Two fingers rose to rest on the face of the precious peridot opal at her throat while its commentary licked at the back of her mind.

"Talk about a surprise visit..."

A playful smirk tugged at her lips as she then moved quickly and purposefully down the hallway with arms outstretched to greet her dearest friend. It didn't take long for Anjolie to pull her sister-in-law into an enormous hug whether she wanted it or not.

"...bout time you showed up."
"Even some stories that seem to have been going for ages must eventually come to an end."
Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Illusia »

The smells and the warmth that emanated from inside the ranch house brought a calm to a sorts of storm that fought inside the woman's body. She inhaled deeply and sighed softly.

She honestly felt like an intruder, as the touches within the house were not of hers, but of her friends...her family...though quiet it was, the feeling of love was electrifying in the air, but there was something else that she could not put her realization too.

Anjolie's voice brought her floating back to reality as she turned to find herself in the arms of her old friend...the woman she'd once nearly killed and she sighed softly.

She brought gloved hands around the woman, careful...so very careful not to touch her skin as she embraced the woman before finally pulling back from her, to have a look over her. "Tha years 'ave been kin' ta ye dear." She'd offer her a warm smile as she withdrew totally from her arms. Emerald and silver gaze moved over the woman as she nodded to her. "Indee'. M'brother offere' tha invite an I coul' nae decline respect'ully. I 'ope tha I am nae an intrusion?"

There was so much to tell...to be told and to heard, but she was still a bit uneasy with this...this meeting...
Illusia Aradia Marcine-Drasoini
Proud wife of Dracos Drasoini
Former Two time Keeper of Fire
55th Mage of Twilight Isle
~*~Do not get to close to the fires, for you will indeed be burned by the love found within~*~
HochiBanto
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by HochiBanto »

The small boy walked out of the barn wearing his old dirty overalls and a white long sleeved shirt. He saw the crowd of people gathered and cocked his head to the side. His best friend lennie trotted along having the same reaction to the crowd. He followed Hochi his tail wagging happily.

"What going on?" he asked he tugged on Quinn's pant leg smiling upward.

His green eyes full of wonder as he looked from Anjolie to the new person.
Anjolie Quinn
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Sarcastic

Post by Anjolie Quinn »

A slow southern smile worked its way across Anjolie's face as she hugged her beloved friend. The opal seemed to be fairly dormant despite sensing the magic of the mage so close to his holder. Eyes closed as she squeezed and basked in the comfort of seeing the familiar face of her closest confidant.

"You're nevah an intrusion, Lus."

The tiny hand tugging at her dark wash jeans caught her attention. It was a relief that Pathfinder had decided to allow his touch since her defense against Artemus. The femme reached down to place an arm around the boy's shoulder and then looked proudly to her sister-in-law.

"Hochi, this is tha lady Illusia Drasoini."

A slight wink as she continued to smile.

"An' it's about time she came home ta her family."
"Even some stories that seem to have been going for ages must eventually come to an end."
Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Illusia »

Her aura flickered only slightly to the young boys approach and embrace of Anjolie, and at her words she could only smile, her brother's words echoing in her mind as she shook her head to that and would only appeal her brother's request by telling she'd indeed told the boy as he'd wished of her.

She'd offer Hochi a smile as she inclined her head to him. "A pleasure ta meet ye it'tis indee' Hochi. Dinnae let them work ye ta 'ard eh?"

Her attentions would then turn towards Anjolie, as she sighed softly. "Tis goo' ta be 'ome. Tis been ta lon' since I've walke' these lan's. Tis muc' ta be tol' o' m'whereabouts an worryin' o' m'family an frien's. But twas somethin' o' dire importance tha' neede' ten'in ta at tha particular moment. I do apolo'ize fer worryin' ye so." A glance was cast about the interior of the home that she could visibly see, a curious cant of her head and an elegant brow arched to Anjolie.

"Anjolie m'dear, where tis m'lovely niece? Be she off ta school still?"
Illusia Aradia Marcine-Drasoini
Proud wife of Dracos Drasoini
Former Two time Keeper of Fire
55th Mage of Twilight Isle
~*~Do not get to close to the fires, for you will indeed be burned by the love found within~*~

Return to “Tales from the Golden Sun”