Christmas at Dorian's Botanical Boutique

Horses, farm hands, and stories from Rhydin's countryside. Welcome to the less refined side of town... we suggest you kick off your heels and slip on some boots.

Moderators: Cory, Anjolie Quinn

Anjolie Quinn
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Sarcastic

Christmas at Dorian's Botanical Boutique

Post by Anjolie Quinn »

"Dorian... you are goin' ta love me. Yer gonna wan' ta kiss me an' steal me away from th' world when ya see what I've brought'cha."

The twisted old mage gave a warm smile to his favorite supplier. Three silver nobles dropped into a customer's hand along with a receipt as one of the assistants helped the woman take her bags to her car. Anjolie wore a brilliant grin on her face as she waited for Dorian to finish his business.

"Mrs. Havoick... I've been wanting to do so ever since you took over the Barony and have been kind enough to keep an eye on my shop."

A pause as his shaking hand scribbled something down in the red ledger.

"But I am curious as to what could make me love you any more than I already do."

Anjolie gave a nod to Hank who moved from the outside truck. In his hands was a five foot tall Scotch Pine. Chuck came bustling along behind him with a holder for the tree as the two pushed their way in to the front lobby of Dorian's shop. The tree was placed on the ground with care. Quinn turned to give a wink at the old mage before sauntering over to the tree.

"A little late in the season to finally be bringing me trees, isn't it, my dear?"

An apologetic look was given to him as the femme went on to explain.

"I admit I wanted ta get it done 'afore han', bu' time jus' didn't allow, Dorian. I do, however, think tha' you'll like this one."

Two fingers reached out and plucked one of the stiff needles from the tree's branch. Dorian watched in interested as Quinn let the needle slip from her hand and go floating down to the floor. The mage's eyes widened as he watched the detached needle turn into a tiny, shimmering snowflake before it hit the ground.

"My dear... how in Heaven's name did you ever manage to make this happen?"

The old man stalked forth to pluck his own piece of green from the tree and watch the event happen once more.

"Took me a bi' ta finish off th' lasting effects. Bu' it was a simple combination of magic and potions. Got em in the Douglas Fur, Scotch, an' White Pine varieties."

The mage grinned from ear to ear as he rose to face Anjolie.

"How many? How many do you have?"

"For your shop I've go' 'bout 75 lined up fer shippin' in ta town. An' for the more adventurous soul... well, they can come to th' Golden Sun an' chop down their own fer th' same price."

Dorian's hands began to rub together in delight. This latest creation of the mad-scientist Baroness was something he was truly interested in cornering the market on. And if anyone had their finger on the Market's pulse... it was Anjolie Quinn.

"I will be here all night and I can send at least two trucks to assist in the transportation."

"Aww... tha's flatterin', Dorian. I'll get my boys ta hand out some directions. An' I'll send five to ya house fer ya troubles."

The mage gave a nod of thanks and came around to give Anjolie a pat on the back.

"You have just made my Christmas a very merry one, indeed, my dear... very merry indeed..."
"Even some stories that seem to have been going for ages must eventually come to an end."

Return to “Tales from the Golden Sun”