The Leprechaun Attack

Horses, farm hands, and stories from Rhydin's countryside. Welcome to the less refined side of town... we suggest you kick off your heels and slip on some boots.

Moderators: Cory, Anjolie Quinn

Anjolie Quinn
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Sarcastic

The Leprechaun Attack

Post by Anjolie Quinn »

The morning of March 17th dawned with the sound of an outraged Elizabeth running through the ranch house and screaming at the top of her lungs. The master bedroom, first on the hit list of the noise, was also being assaulted with the sounds of loud knocking on the door. A sigh could be heard from the femme stirring from her bed. Her beau sleeping next to her gave that look of annoyance she was also feeling at this alarming sound. Anjolie Quinn grunted and slid down from her four-post bed.

"Jus' act like you're asleep an' she'll nevah know the diff'rence."

Cory couldn't help but chuckle at the comment. Anjolie slid on her silk robe and sauntered to the door. It was unlocked and then opened to reveal a fuming Elizabeth standing in the hallway.

"I SWEAR ON ALL THINGS HOLY, ANJOLIE QUINN! THAT'S TH' LAST STRAW I'VE HAD WITH THOSE MEN!!"

The femme rubbed at her temples as the woman ranted. Anjolie decided to spar Cory the upheaval of this morning and slip into the hallway to further discuss exactly what had tipped Elizabeth off the deep end. As the bedroom door closed behind her both eyes of violet caught sight of a possible cause for her friend's rage.

Trailing down the hallway was a trail of emerald green glitter and matching footprints of bright green paint. A hand shot up to Anjolie's mouth as she followed the trail of graffiti down her hard-wood floor hallway and then to the stairs. The prints continued through the downstairs hallway and into the kitchen.

A gasp escaped the femme's lips as she caught sight of the Emerald City which was so recently her kitchen. Seemingly everything within reach was covered entirely with paint and green glitter. Quinn's eyes rolled in her head as she sighed. Turning to face her beet-red friend she tried to manage a smile.

"It appears, m'dear friend... tha' we've been th'victims of some rath'a vicious leprechauns."

Elizabeth nearly spit poison at Quinn's deduction.

"This is NOT funny, Quinn! An' so help me dear God I'm not gonna be th'one cleanin' all this tripe up t'day!"

Anjolie tried to wave her arms to calm down her friend. She took a step foward, paused, glanced over her shoulder once more at the damage which had been done, and then faced Elizabeth again.

"I promise ya won't be liftin' a finger ta clean it, Liz. I'll go wake th' boys an' have a chat with them. We'll jus' have cereal this mornin' rath'a than cookin' in this mess. Alright?"

Elizabeth slowly nodded in response and continued to look on in horror at the damage done to their house. Quinn suggested that the woman go back upstairs and take it easy until the men were finished cleaning (a task which would likely take all day).

Somewhere in the house a children giggled in her sleep and looked over to her newly colored horse of green. She winked at him and then rolled over to get back to sleep. It would only be a matter of minutes until her mother would discover what truly had happened. The moral of this story? Never let your children read books about what leprechauns do on St. Patrick's Day.
"Even some stories that seem to have been going for ages must eventually come to an end."
Cory
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
The IronMan

Post by Cory »

On the opposite end of the house, and behind closed door he could still hear Elizabeth shouting. It wasn't likely he'd go back to sleep. So, he slid his feet off the edge of the bed and sat up. A yawn accompanied the usual morning prerequisites while adjusting to the light. Curious as to what's behind all the commotion he slips into the jeans set out the night before and trudged to the door. Beyond door number 1 awaited the answer.

He stood in the doorway, peering intently at the sparkling path of green stretch from one end of the hall to the other. Maybe if he closed his eyes the image would reset and go back to normal. Opening his eyes he saw nothing had changed. Now it was starting to sink in, as it did, his grin grew exponentially.

"Oh man, this seems eerily familiar." He said with a chuckle. Back in his troublesome youth he and his brother had drenched their father's car with green paint one St. Patrick's Day. In their defense, their father hadn't securely locked the padlock to his beer fridge that evening. He can't recall a time when old man's face was so red... Or his eyes.

Back to the here and now. Cory followed the trail to meet Elizabeth storming down the hall away from the kitchen. "Mornin'." As nonchalantly as possible. Which earned him a withering glare from Elizabeth.

"Don't you even start with me, or I swear!" The woman's tone matched her unspoken threat.

"Whoa.." Still cackling. "I had nothin' t'do wit' this one." Cory's hands shot up defensively. It was obvious there was no defusing Elizabeth. He pressed his back against the wall to give her ample space to pass. He took the moment to praise whomever is watching him from above. Pressing on he finds Quinn standing outside the door to the kitchen. He does his best to put on a good face. "Mornin', beautiful."

She didn't look at him at first, instead taking one more glance at the chaos. "If I find out you had somethin' to do with this..." Now she fixed Cory with a stern look, no trace of the tranquil violet in her eyes. "I'll string you up by your short 'n curlies and leave you there for a week!"

The comment made him visibly shudder and step out of arms reach. He couldn't figure out why, but he was starting to snicker.

"Laugh now, bucko. Take a look in there!" She pointed into the kitchen then situated her hands on her hips impatiently. If he though the glitter and footprints were funny, just wait still he sees this ticking time bomb.

As instructed he stepped to the door and craned his neck around the corner. At first, he stared in disbelief. T-minus 3 seconds and counting. The floor, cabinets and counter-tops. You name it, it was green. Then he exploded in laughter. Braced against the wall he hunched over to catch his breath. "Guess they go' us good, huh?"

"You're helpin' clean this up, regardless if you did it or not." Her eyes narrowed on her beau and delivered a stout punch to his arm.

"'ey!" Massages the assaulted muscle. "I'll clean up, yah yah, but do me one fav'ah? Go get the camera, I wanna 'memba this one." Acting on impulse he couldn't believe what he just said. Neither could Quinn. Her only response was another jab before stalking down the hall.
"I took your guilt and placed it into me..."

Return to “Tales from the Golden Sun”