Bipolar Weather and Good, Hard Work

Horses, farm hands, and stories from Rhydin's countryside. Welcome to the less refined side of town... we suggest you kick off your heels and slip on some boots.

Moderators: Cory, Anjolie Quinn

Anjolie Quinn
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Sarcastic

Bipolar Weather and Good, Hard Work

Post by Anjolie Quinn »

::It had been a rough and tumble month or two and the loyal employees of Golden Sun Stables and Ranch. Construction of the new building had been underway for about a week now after they scrounged up enough money from donations and loans to buy supplies. They decided to keep with a wooden structure much as the first one had been with better stalls and considerably better support around the upper beams. Quinn had been meaning to replace those anyway. Hank, Quinn, and two of the part-time farm hands had been mostly hanging out around Azjah von Drachen Walde's stables to take care of the actual horses and pitch in with the work there. Quinn had noticed the obvious lack of fines Azjah was charging (or rather not charging) to their bill. As much as Anjolie protested against this charity at first... they really needed the extra help. Their only pregnant mare had blessfully been able to continue a healthy run with her unborn foal. Quinn was trying to work with Azjah's master stable man on the breeding of some of the stock. They had both agreed that it would be best to wait until the new stables up and ready to be occupied. There would be less strain that way. As for Liz and the majority of the Golden Sun odds and ends workers, they spent their days battling a rather unhealthy blend of hot and cold weather trying to get the barns finished. God only knew how any of this was going to end up. Still, despite the rather obvious lack of stability and norms, everyone was generally happy. Hank rather enjoyed working with Azjah's men, Liz was enjoying the break from the rough and tumble ways of working the horses, and Quinn was happier than she'd been in a long time. Although somewhat upset for Cory that he'd lost his match, she spent most of her time thinking about how nice it was having a good man around again.::
"Even some stories that seem to have been going for ages must eventually come to an end."
Anjolie Quinn
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Sarcastic

Post by Anjolie Quinn »

Kallie had been experiencing the time of her life these past few days. The reunion with Illusia had left her with a wonderfully fanciful playmate as well as the feeling of closeness given by the hopes of a bigger family. Even though her daddy was often too busy to get around all the time Kallie got the feeling that she would be seeing considerably more of him in the near future.

The medallion Illusia had given her was beginning to take its place as being EXTREMELY handy. Kallie spent a great deal of time sitting and chatting with Lester and taking him for rides around the ranch. Quinn had to hide the purple dress Cory had bought her to keep it from getting destroyed due to overuse. That being said, something stirred within Kallie's soul at the arrival of this new magic. Thus far the only magical abilities she possesed was the mood-enhanced coloring of her eyes as it was passed down from her mother.

Still, as night settled in the silence of the country manor Kallie dreamed nightly of a family. Something inside of her was changing and the most elaborate dreams unfolded whenever her eyes closed at the end of the day. She told no one of her dreams. It was a place all her own where things went as she hoped they would. It was a place where she was in control and no one could knock her from that pedestal. Things were going well and Kallie felt so very loved.
"Even some stories that seem to have been going for ages must eventually come to an end."
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Azjah von Drachen Walde »

Anjolie's rebuilding is going well. She has suffered a great loss, in property, as well as a friend, and it will take time to recover from such things, but I have had a chance to study her foundation stock up close.

She has an eye for quality equines, and they've done a lot of work with the horses which Arturo approves of, thus when things settle down for her, I will re-open discussions on buying the mare for my young stallion.

Her daughter is a bundle of energy. She'll be very capable around the horses when she grows up. I do keep wondering why the child's father is not present, despite his obvious adoration of the child, and her mother, but it is not my affair. After my previous experiences with Cory, it is better that I do not interfere.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Baroness von Drachen Walde

Return to “Tales from the Golden Sun”