messy goblin noses 'gainst the glass

Open seven days a week. If we don't have it we'll find it!

Moderator: Imp

RabMallet
Adventurer
Adventurer
harmless

messy goblin noses 'gainst the glass

Post by RabMallet »

(continued from ATREBLA; COMMON, GARDEN-VARIETY CARPENTER;A BIT OF OLD MARKET)

They can’t be too far on. Me stride’s worth a dozen of theirs… Then, turn a corner onto a street again and there they are, “CAHR” and “PEEN”, jabberin quiet-like and serious, noses mashed against some shop glass, starin in. It’s like no shop I’ve ever seen. Tiny heads hangin on strings. Squishy things in jars. Long necklaces of great ugly teeth. Danglin gooey eyeballs. Rotten-lookin robes and capes. An iron chair with spikes and straps and something nasty splashed on it. Huge cobwebby folds of what looks like faerie-cloth, strung from corner to corner and choked with dead insects. The goblins are pointin at a trophy-head hangin on the wall, with blue skin and great, gobliny pointy ears and eyes the size of … well, the size of whatever that is inside a greenish jar with a wee label … ‘Titan Testy’ something or other.

But now the goblins are shriekin and fleein to hide in a neighboring doorway. The one in me hand squirms away and dives in with them. Don’t see anyone up or down the street, but then when I look back in the shop window, the blue trophy head is winkin at me. Thought it looked a bit familiar. Can’t not go in now, of course.

I round up the three jabberin creatures (one of them has soiled his tarpaulin and the “PEEN” looks like “REEN”) and point out the blue trophy head, which is now gone. I get them in order and in we go.

Return to “Imp's Little Shop of Horrors”