Open for business!

Open seven days a week. If we don't have it we'll find it!

Moderator: Imp

Imp
Adventurer
Adventurer
Tha P'Imp

Open for business!

Post by Imp »

The Imp finishes stocking the shelves and takes inventory one last time.
The store is full of rare and strange items: from simple magic wands to shrunken heads; to jars that contain recognizable body parts; as well as other things not so common. Among these oddities there are also normal things like whips, chains, glass balls, brass knuckles, and so much more. This close to All Hallows' Eve, Imp took care to order extra costumes and all sorts of props and decorations for the holliday.

As part of his staff he has a couple of shady imps: Guimpdo and Gimpno. They are cheap labor, at least, but only because they are family. Mama-Imp is a tough boss.

Imp finishes the last touches to the front window and nods in approval.

"We are ready for business. Guimpdo! Open the door!"
Blood is thicker than water. Adjust your recipes accordingly.

Sponsored by: Gnom Corp.
Cory
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
The IronMan

Post by Cory »

The bell hung above the door jingles and announces Cory's entrance. Immediately he's greeted by one of Imp's kindred.

"Our first customer! Welcome Welcome! I hope you brought money!"

"Yes, I brought money..." Cory groaned, one Imp was enough. He scanned the shelves while taking a leisurely stroll through the shop. Pausing only to tap a murky jar fill with some unknown substance.

"You break it you bought it!" Out of nowhere Imp poofed atop Cory's shoulder, causing a slight jump. Imp beamed a broad, toothy grin.

"Just the, uhh.. Imp I was looking for. I'm in need of a costume and I hope you have it in stock. What I need is animal fur bikini, halter, or tank top. A similar style cut-off skirt, and some furry platform boots. Trying for the Amazon look. And before you give any wise cracks this isn't for me." Cory fixed Imp with a look and tried brushing him off the shoulder. "Think you got that?"

Imp lept away from the hand and perched on a shelf. "Hrmm.. I think I may have what you need. Let me check the back room. Don't you and your money go anywhere!!" In a puff of smoke Imp was gone.
"I took your guilt and placed it into me..."
Vinny
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Bender of physics

Post by Vinny »

"Clean up in aisle four!"

Vinny turned around and saw the bottle of who knows what that had fallen off the shelf and shattered on the floor just as two imps ran up to him.

"You break it, you bought it. Now pay up!"

Vinny gave them a quirk of an eyebrow. "And just what makes you think that I was the one who broke it?"

"It broke, and you're the only one here. So quit stalling and pay up."

Vinny smirked. "How do you know I'm the only person here. Can you see invisible people?"

The imps puffed up and stated in almost perfect unison. "Yes we can!"

Having heard that, Vinny pointed off to the other end of the isle. "Then you better catch her before she gets away!"

The imps took the bait. "Quickly! we need to catch her, torture her, and make sure she's lickable!"

Walking out of the store, Vinny smiled. It was nice to play tricks on imps for a change instead of the other way around. And it was also nice to not have to pay for that bottle he accidentally knocked over.
Imp
Adventurer
Adventurer
Tha P'Imp

Post by Imp »

As Imp is in the back collecting Cory's stuff he hears a bottle crash.

"Oh great, and those two are alone out front."

He collects the stuff and poofs out just in time to see Vinny walk out the door with smug smile and a broken bottle on the ground. He mutters and goes back to the counter to give Cory his stuff.

"Here you go. Will that be all?"

As Cory looks at the merchandise he scribbles an invoice for The Temple of Divine Light for the amount of the broken bottle, plus fees. As soon as Guimpdo and Gimpno walk through the door he poofs over to slap them silly.

"Take this to the Temple of Divine Light right now!" Imp shoves the invoice at Guimpdo, then pulls Gimpno's ear shoving him close to the floor where the broken bottle is. "You! Clean that mess!"

Imp poofs back to Cory and waits for him to finish examining the merchandise.

Onyx
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Predator

Post by Onyx »

They had been out shopping, well; it was her doing the shopping, when Cory had mumbled something to her and wandered away. She stood in front of the tailors window display, fascinated by a brilliant pair of red boots and imagining what they would look like with this outfit or that. Her head turned mouth open to get Cory's opinion when she realized he wasn't by her side.

"Men, always running off!” she sighs, exasperated.

Over the next half hour she walks into one shop after another, the last shop bearing a huge "Grand Opening" banner.

"Cory? You in here?" querying through the dark shop.

Suddenly behind her comes three wolf whistles. Two blue blurs that look suspiciously impish run out the door that had yet to shut behind her.

"I saw her first! Onyx baby! You came!" Imp squeals before attaching himself to her head and covering her face with Imp-drool.

"Bleeecccchhh! Get off me!”, wiping her face off on her shoulder.

"What can I get for you?! I got this! And this! And how about some of these beauties? Spiders half price!"

Imp zips around her in a blur with that big blue grin, holding up masks, and fake teeth, and severed body parts, body glitter, and two red sequined circles with tassels he twirls up at eye level.

She reaches out to hold Imp still. "I was looking for Cory, but...." Looking at all the costumes gives her an idea. She pokes Imp to get him looking *above* her neck.

"Imp, I'm going to need a live flamingo."
Last edited by Onyx on Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack. Not rationality.
Anne
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Costumes Galore

Post by Anne »

As Anne walked into the door she figured that this particular shopping trip would be an interesting one. Relying on Imp could be a disaster. Carefully she made her way through the shop to what was believed to be the counter. Accidentally she placed her hand on a screaming head. A blood-curdling yell ran through the shop. Her hand wrapped around it's mouth and she slammed it on the desk. Guimpdo came up to her and recited quickly.

"You broke it you bought it!"

Mentally the ex-pirate rolled her eyes. "IMP!" She called out.

There was the obligatory hug-lick-grope gretting. With a slight smirk Anne kissed the Imp on the head. "All right Imp, I need four different costumes. Two different ones for me and two for my kids. I need one of a hawk; simple, elegant and for a *reasonable price*. It's for a fete I'm going to. As for my kids, Kat wants to be a Pixie and Christopher wants to be an Imp."
Anne Ellis Feren
Cory
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
The IronMan

Post by Cory »

Not too shabby, I was hoping you had the bikini top, but this will be fine." Finding the outfit more than adequate Cory scribbled his signature on the invoice and slid the coins across the counter.

Imp counted them once, then a second time to be doubly sure. The register chimed and he deposited the coins. "All sales are final and there are no refunds or exchanges! Thank you for shopping at Imp's Little Shop of Horrors!"

"What? No gift wrapping?"

"Sure, we can gift wrap it, but that's extra!" Imp cackled.

Cory took it upon himself to put the tank top and skirt onto hangers and zip up the clothing bag. The boots stuck inside a shopping bag along with his copy of the receipt. Just as he was doing so he heard the whistles and cat calls, glancing up he saw Imp was nowhere in sight. He hefted both bags over a shoulder and rounded aisle after aisle to find the source.

"There you are. I've been looking all over for you!" Onyx fixed Cory with a glare and swatted his arm. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming here? I've been wandering in and out of shops for the past hour. Oh, and what's that you go there?" Up on her toes to examine the shopping bags.

"The costume for Rena I told you about. I will get her to wear this if it kills me."

"Great! While we're here we can shop around for our costumes."

Just when Cory thought he was finished shopping for the day it began anew and he couldn't contain the groan. Earning himself another swat to his arm.
"I took your guilt and placed it into me..."
Onyx
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Predator

Post by Onyx »

"Enough groaning, you. Imp's going to think we're up to something in the back of his store,” she snickers.

Cory has the look of a man condemned; make that a man who's trapped in a store with a woman. Hangers dripping with costumes scrape back and forth along the rack as she takes in the selection.

"Red, I need something red,” she pulls down one particular skirt. "Too many ruffles, I'm not going for the cake look here." Back the skirt goes, the process continuing with Cory shuffling behind her, his hands weighted by bags.

"Ah-ha!" she exclaims with a treasure hunters glee.

"Ah-ha, what?" Is his careful reply, until he almost gets swallowed by the waterfall of red fabric that she's just pulled off the rack.

"This...is...it! Now for some accessories!" She almost forgets in her zeal to check the price. "Think I can talk Imp down on this? Maybe he'll go for a two for one thing."

"First tell me what you're planning, Onyx, at least give me a chance, " Cory gasps.

She had already been heading back to Imp to get his assistance when she takes pity on him.

"Don't you trust me? Would I suggest anything foolish? You'll look great! All the women will be lusting after you, I promise." Still in his eyes there gleam the seeds of dissent. However she cannot resist those eyes of his, so she walks as close to him as that mass of red would allow and lays a sweet kiss on his lips. Hurriedly she pleads her case in the softest of whispers to his ear, leaning back when done to gauge its effect.

"You like? Most of it will be special order, but I'll take care of it, my gift to you.” She adds the cherry on top.

Cory rubs his jaw, pondering all this, "If I still hate it, I'm choosing something different."

"Fair enough, it's a deal. Let me go talk to Imp again and get everything settled so we can get out of here and get some lunch into you."
It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack. Not rationality.
Imp
Adventurer
Adventurer
Tha P'Imp

Post by Imp »

After groping Anne thoroughly, he listens to her request. He taps his chin with a fingertip, thinking about what would work for this.

"Give me a minute, I have the perfect thing for you!" The Imp exclaims as he flips in mid-air and he's gone with a poof. Then out of nowhere a pile of feathers and other items appears before Anne. "I found it!"

Anne can hear the Imp but can't see him from behind the large pile, which floats to the counter, feathers falling all over the place. A large flamingo squeaks loudly as it falls on the floor, wings flapping. Imp appears from behind the pile wearing a large feathered headpiece that resembles a huge and colorful hawk with streamers of feathers falling to the ground. Anne just blinks at the view, thinking that she will be scarred for life. Imp lifts a very small sequined top with beads hanging from it to what must be feathered arm cuffs.

"You will look hot in this!" He says shaking the bottom part of the costume with a toothy grin. Yes, after seeing the thong Anne finally realized what Imp was holding up; some sort of Showgirl outfit.

"And for the pixie I have these little wings, no real fairies were hurt. We don't do animal testing. For your boy, ahhhh... for him I have something special..." He takes a murky blue bottle from the counter. "This will turn him into a real, live imp! The effects last 24 hours! Or is it 24 days?" Imp frowns thoughtful.

Baphelocutis
Adventurer
Adventurer
WarDrac of RhyDin

Post by Baphelocutis »

A young street urchin looking type of errand page-boy slips into the shop. After a few wide-eyed moments scanning the shelves as he reaches the counter, the young lad places an order form on the counter. Seeing the Imps’ Grimm nearby, the page-boy screeches and runs out of the shop without an further word or comment. The order form details the dimensions, sizes, and other fitting requirements, like a hole for a tail for one, vampire version of the P’Imp costume needed by all Hallows’ Eve for one individual known as Baphelocutis est Lathadoscia, the WarDrac of RhyDin.
Anne
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Costume #4

Post by Anne »

The costumes all most made Anne fall over. She had no idea what they looked like, still blind from her previous experiences. Imps descriptions were enough to make her wary though. Adjustments would most likely have to be made. Chris turning into a real live Imp was another issue. "Imp, what sort of effects is that potion going to have on my son?"

She adjusted the costumes and pulled out a huge orange garbage bag and dumped the clothes within. After she negotiated prices with Imp Anne motioned for him to come closer and whispered in his ear. "I need a special costume, something unique, mysterious and... Hmm... dangerously elegant. A Sea Maiden. And no showgirl outfits, you understand? I want to be covered." There was a slight pause before she continued. "It has to be the best. Even if it means you have to order it."
Anne Ellis Feren
Anjolie Quinn
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Sarcastic

Post by Anjolie Quinn »

Having left the dealings of her own business in the hands of everybody else for the day, Quinn headed for town along with Kallie to do some shopping for Halloween. The two stopped by a few others shops to get an idea of decorations for their own little party on Monday and were already carrying 3 bags upon arrival at Imp's place.

The pair slipped in easily and Kallie nearly screeched at the sight of some frilly materials off to the right. Quinn smiled and followed close behind her daughter. Having caught sight of the two imps currently in charge of the shop, she knelt down and hugged Kallie momentarily.

"You behave for a minute while mommy goes and orders a costume for you, okay?"

Kallie nodded as she grinned ear to ear. She was quite excited with all the glittering choices there were to pick from here. Quinn hesitantly stood and headed over towards the counter with a pleasant expression on her face. She politely bowed her head and set her bags down for a moment.

"Hello, gentleman. I was wondering if you might be able to assist me. I am looking for a size 3 Toddler fairy princess costume, preferably something in purple if you've got it, and a lady's medium sized Mad Hatter costume."

Kallie ran up to the counter, stopping short as she caught sight of the imps. That was a whole new world for Kallie. She was intruiged, but keeping her grounds a little bit away from where they stood.

"And fairy wings, and a fairy wand, too, please!"

The little girl jumped with excitement, then getting a bit distracted by something rather shimmery and pearly in the corner and running off again. Quinn shook her head and then looked back to the owners.

"Does that sound do-able?"
"Even some stories that seem to have been going for ages must eventually come to an end."
Alais d Nitesong
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Location: Matlal, Riverbend, I' Taurn or Nitesong, depending on time of year

Post by Alais d Nitesong »

There was only one place I might be able to obtain the spell components I would need for some of the casting I would be doing in Matlal. Imp would be able to get most anything, and so I walked through the doors with my list in hand.

Pandemonium would be the best description for what I saw. Guimpdo and Imp were helping customers, and Gimpno was ranting at the departing Vinny about paying for broken things.

I waited silently near the counter with my list.
Lady Alais d' Arma Graham d' Nitesong Sidhe
Imp
Adventurer
Adventurer
Tha P'Imp

Post by Imp »

Guimpdo cackles madly as the little boy runs out of the store, then he notices the note on the counter. He turns it this way and that, and brings it over to Imp who is talking with Anne.

"A sea maiden? But they don't wear much! Just a fish tail and seashells!!" Explains Imp as Guimpdo fidgets next to him.

"uh.. boss?" Guimpdo tries to cut in.

"As for the boy? Nothing really, he will be all blue and handsomely impish like me!" Imp poofs up with a toothy grin. "For a day... or two... "

"Boss?" Guimpdo cuts in again.

"WHAT!?" Yells Imp, startling the flamingo which squaks and flaps its wings again.

"I found this note on the counter." Guimpdo hands him the note.

"This is an order, you ninny. Just go in the back, fill it out and deliver it. Make sure to give him an invoice!!"

Meanwhile, Gimpno spots Quinn and the girl. He gives the little girl a toothy grin that makes her keep her distance. Then he looks up at Quinn and her request. "Babe, for you I'll get you a real fairy!"

"The costumes will be enough for now." Quinn smiles.

"Don't go anywhere, babe." Gimpno poofs to fetch her merchandise then returns again with a cute little outfit all shimmery and different shades of purple, and a sexy Mad Hatter costume. With a fitted coat, leotard, stockings and a huge hat. "Will this do?" Asks Gimpno.

Imp spots the newcomer and poofs over for a quick huglickgrope.

"Be with you in a minute!" He tells Alais and poofs back to Anne.

Anjolie Quinn
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Sarcastic

Post by Anjolie Quinn »

Anjolie raised a rather perturbed eyebrow at the imp as she looked over the costume. The fairy costume was quite lovely, but the hatter costume could use a little fixing. Kallie jumped up and down, clapping her hands happily at the sight of the fairy costume. Quinn smiled at her daughter and then faced Gimpno.

"Is there perhaps a little skirt that could be added to the Hatter ensemble?"

Quinn bravely kept her expression even. After all, this was the costume she'd intended to wear to the rings instead of to the family party. Kallie was going to be at home that evening and Quinn wanted something a bit flashy to trot around in while dueling. Besides, it's not like she wasn't an adult. She deserved to have a little fun, too.

"Mommy, mommy!! Thank youuuuuu!"

Kallie screeched as she tugged on Quinn's pant legs. Anjolie smiled at her daughter and then began to fish out her pocket book.

"Feel free to name your price, dearie."

Rather confident about her current back holdings, she leaned forward and pulled out a pen, ready to either write a check or mark down how many nobles she'd need to be taking out of the bank.
"Even some stories that seem to have been going for ages must eventually come to an end."

Return to “Imp's Little Shop of Horrors”