To forget the past...

The revival of the dread Legion of Midnight takes place in RhyDin; a dark temple rising to honor Asmodeus, Grim Lord of the Nine Hells.

Moderators: Raevyx_Araya, Vitus Rustovich, Rhaine

Sylus Kurgen
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

To forget the past...

Post by Sylus Kurgen »

( I pardon for the blockiness, but needed to get this up but haven't had time to work on it)

Sylus: :: Was he sleeping, or being kept unconcious? Which ever it was, when the door to the room he was in is suddenly open he jumped, swords coming up defensively. At least he still had a way to defense himself, that was good. Always good to have a weapon:: Who are you and where the hell am I?

Rhaine: :: slight smile curved her lips. The priestess was in all black :: Awake finally. Evening, Sylus.

Sylus ::Blinks, eyes widening:: And how the hell do you know me? ::He was truly on edge now, leveling retribution at her::

Rhaine: :: she remained ideally calm seeing the weapons :: We have been in one guild for a couple of years. Remember? And you also asked me to guard your brother while you left on your errands...

Sylus: I've never been in a guild. Royal Order yes...but no guild. Now where the hell am I, and how did I come to be here? What does the cat have to do with my being here? ::Eyes narrow dangerously. He hadn't seen Artemus in years, how did he tie into this vampire..::

Rhaine: :: shrugs, her eyes ideally calm, pupilless deep midnight blue :: You didn't come here. We brought you here, wounded and lethargic. And "here" is Temple of Asmodeus. At the moment you are in my chambers :: a skeletal servant comes in, bringing a tray with several steaming pots and plates :: I think you need to replenish your energy supply a bit after regeneration. Calm down, Sylus. We did not forget to bring your weapons, and that figurine you had with you

Sylus: I think I would remember such an event. And for all your answers none of them are making any sense. ::Keeps the blade between her and himself with a look of bewilderment on his face::

Rhaine: :: she sits down, watching the Wolf :: Royal Order... interesting. :: calm look at Sylus :: If you keep standing and swinging your weapons, you'll keep looking foolish. What's the last thing you remember?

Sylus: I left my home of nearly 10 years on a fool kings dying wish. That's what I remember. ::He wasn't swinging the sword, just kept it trained on her levelly. One couldn't trust a vampire, no matter the personality they were still a walking corpse that could not survive without the blood of others. A glorified leech::

Rhaine: :: slight frown :: Aha... and no memory of coming to RhyDin city? And that paladin that considered you a friend and invited into his Adventurer Guild? And not even memory of Alais?

Sylus::There was a glimmer in his eyes at that last name, but it was gone, like it sounded familiar but was unplaceable:: Not a clue lady....and where the hell is this Rhydin City?

Rhaine: One portal leap away. Or about a day's ride. If you don't remember Alais, definitely something went wrong. Amnesia for.. two or three years.

Rhaine: And quit calling me "lady", even if you don't remember this, we've been through several risky trips and official manner irritates me. Call me "Rhaine", will you? And stop standing like a mannequin, you're not a decoration fitting the style of these rooms. You do not remember your brother coming to RhyDin?

Sylus: You're damned right I don't remember. and I don't make it a habit of associate with vampires unless there's no choice. ::The name doesn't ring any bells with him, he just looks at her::

Rhaine: You would prefer a lich? :: sighs, stands up, and gets that figurine from spacewarp :: Here's the only unusual item you had with you in the Chimara temple. I know you remember no reason to trust me. And I do not expect trust given the circumstances.

Sylus: ::The mention of the temple had his eyes narrowing more:: How do you know of the temple? And answer me straight. Your literal terpretations are irritating at best.

Rhaine: I have found the temple in Blackmoor when I was hinted that something in Blackmoor may keep the book that is a key to your brother's current problem. Topaz and myself had a ridiculous run through that swamp. Only to find the temple, the book, and you in your werewolf form

Sylus: ::The look in his face was utterly confused, the sword finally lowering:: What has the idiot done to involve strangers into going to the temple?

Rhaine: As far as I can figure, he got too deep into Umbran magic, found that book somewhere - Lord knows I tried to find where he got that crap - and passed some type of initiation which embedded shadow into him. After this for a while he was all right, until lately there was another leap - I can only guess if he used the book again, or if this was sme delayed-blast spell. I do not know if there were any other symptoms between the two increases in dark presence in him... At the moment he seems to be replaced by an umbran being. :: even asmodean self-control was not enough to conceal the pain behind these words ::

Sylus: And most of what you just said went right over my head. Slow it down and repeat. Artemus has fucked with the wrong type of magic and gotten himself into trouble. Is that what you're saying, for lack of elloquence.

Rhaine: If we skip all nuances - yes. As deep into trouble as possible

Sylus: And this involves me how? I usually stay away from magically induced problems. Leave that for the mages with true interest.

Rhaine: But he's your brother! :: she seemed stunned :: And we were hinted that the key to the problem is in Art's past as well as in the book. So... I have to learn as much as possible about his past

Sylus: Him being my brother has never stopped either of us from denying help form the other. ::Simple shrug. They were never on the best of terms though there was the respect of blood that kept them from doing anything drastic::

Rhaine: He is not asking you for help. I am. If you wish, he will not know that you supplied some information that assisted me. I am not asking you for any information about some King, or dragon that keeps record of everything, or some tented field where your family curse probably started - I'm merely asking you to help Art...

Sylus Kurgen: ::Raises a brow:: And I should believe you why? I have no idea who you are outside of the name you've supplied.

Rhaine: And what kind of proof you would need for my non-hazardous intentions? It's always a question of believing. If I tell you that I love Arty and hate seeing him in the trouble he's in, you'll still have to believe that. If I start telling you what I am and why I'm here, and why I have not eliminated you when I could, you'd still have to believe or not.

Sylus: Someone loves the idiot? Okay...that's too absurd to be false. I'll play along, but I still think you're trying to pull something. I stay away from magic so I know I didn't do anything to put myself in this position.

Rhaine: At least something you don't consider false. :: almost mournful sigh :: Sit down, relax a bit, and try to remember as much as you can about Artemus... I do not know how the clue would look - but there has to be some.

Sylus: I won't be able to help you much. Haven't seen him in years since leaving home. And that was not on friendly terms. :;Light shake of his head::

Rhaine: :: she sat, resting her head on her hands, looking as defenseless as possible - even though it was in the heart of the Temple of Asmodeus:: And at home? even during the years you remember him?

Sylus: You need to understand...the time I knew Artemus was brief. Our parents sent me off to study with a weapons master when I was like 7. I didn't see him again till I was 15 and met him on the road coming home to see my parents after so many years.

Rhaine: :: sighs :: So it's almost hopeless... I have to find someone who knew him. I would do everything to eliminate any risk in this... Where did he study? I know he's a druid, but any clue where I could find those who taught him magic?

Sylus: Our parents did the same thing to him. Almost two years after I left they handed him over to a wanderer that was a druid by nature. He traveled with the man for a couple years. I think his name was...Bremmen. After that he study with some elven woman who never told him her name. She tought him what she knew till dismissing him to go home around the same time I did.

Rhaine: :: nods :: Thank you. At least some direction...

Rhaine: During the time you do not remember, you and Art were in RhyDin. You were in a deadly serious relationship with Alais deNitesong, and into dueling fencing. Art payed some attention to sword, but more to magic. It was Alais who became first victim of Daigotsu, the Blood Mage. And you went into the planes of Dis, second layer of Hell, to free her. We were all too late, Daigotsu returned her into RhyDin - after she used her magic to revive another Bloodspeaker. That bloodspeaker, Shahai, made an enemy in Artemus, and her magic changed his shifting nature. No longer leopard - a girrash.

Sylus: That's an awful lot to just suddenly forget, Rhaine, or whoever you are. An awful lot.

Rhaine: :: inhales deeply :: I know. I wish I could lose memory as easily as you humans - or shifters... I'd say it is thanks to Chimara, and its wish to awaken. You did mention that - during the period of time you have forgotten. Artemus told me about your ancestor. Interesting bloodline, I must say.

Sylus: :;Blinks, eyes widening as he suddenly got worried:: If that thing seeks to wake up we're all in serious trouble...and you don't even know the half of it. Chimara isn't the mindless killing machine the history portrays. It was sentient and knew exactly what it was doing.

Rhaine: :: looks up at Sylus :: Is there another bloodline that could be described as having "mirror" fate to yours? And, Sy, never tell me I do not know half of something, without providing more information

Sylus: There's only one blood line as far as I know of, sure one of the first Kurgens was said to have disappeared or something like that, the histories got really vague on that point. It's possible but I don't know for sure.

Rhaine: We will see... This can wait, it's another part of damn puzzle I have to solve thanks to Artemus... For now I will have to find a druid called Bremmen. With a chance that the man is dead. Great. Where will you go when I lead you out of the Temple? :: she seemed more calm now, as if planning some action ::

Sylus: I have no damned clue. Probably find an Inn and seek a place to stay for the night. Then back to Kelvar and start all over again, figure out what the hell I've missed in the last few "years" according to you.

Rhaine: As you wish. And you're not bothered by your ancestor awakening, and by your brother in trouble. Just leave and start anew. Very convenient. And prompts for cycles appearing.

Sylus: By the one yes, I'm bothered. By the second not so much as I have no clue what to do about either. The secret to putting the beast back to sleep our dad never got around to tell either of us and I don't mess with the dead. Especially when I burried him with my own hands. Artemus and I both.

Rhaine: :: looks at him, her eyes widening for a second :: You were fifteen, were you not?

Sylus: ::Nods:: Yes I was.

Rhaine: I have heard of that curse affecting your bloodline. :: more quiet :: If I assume that the curse of vengeance was this one - I have found the wolf. But who is the King I have to find....I was told that it could be lifted, but judging on the circumstances it can wait.

Sylus: ::The blue glow along Redemptions blade seemed to flicker momentarily, Sylus's eyes drifting to it:: And you know as well as I that I'll have nothing to do with those beuracratic fools. I tolerate them at best.

Rhaine: :: shrugs :: Your scimitars told Topaz you're some wolf-king, so I thought you might know which one of that species I have to find. Well, that can wait, as I have already mentioned. Perhaps the Kurgen Keep can do something to return your memory.But I'm not insane enough to throw a rift there directly.

Sylus: The what? ::That got him even further off guard::

Rhaine: :: blinks :: You've never been there?!

Sylus: ::Weak shake of his head:: Should I have been?

Rhaine: Probably... :: she seems caught off-guard, stands up to walk towards the door. She passes by a mirror which reflects her just fine - vamp doens't notice this. Rhaine taps something on the door :: I will get a rift as close to the Keep as possible.And take that statuette, Sy, it's not supposed to be here. :: the figurine is on a table, near the tray brought by a skeleton ::I don't know why you and Alais parted, but this item is not meant to be in the Temple of Asmodeus

Sylus : ::He picked up the statuette she mentioned, a momentary pause as the image filled his mind:: Who was..? ::Blinks again and shoves the thought away, then glances down at his clothes:: Guess I'll need to go shopping for proper gear..::Then he looked at the woman again:: The name means nothing to me, but now I have quite a bit to think on...quite a bit.

Rhaine: At least you'd think before you act. :: the door is replaced by shimmering black-and-crimson sparky rift :: I'm sure you'll find something in the Keep. I would have offered some gear from the Temple, but it would not be comfortable for you... it requires our initiation for its properties to be used fully. If you would still like to use anything - just tell me.

Sylus: Hope the place has a high gravity chamber. ::Mutters as he looks at the rift:: You said this takes me to that Keep place? :;Slighlty questioningly::

Rhaine: Yes. And we do have high-grav chamber, for practicing. Not high gravity... more like controlled gravity, but that's of little significance? It's up to you if you wish to stay for a day or two, or leave immediately. Adremalech who is a true vampire, shall not bother you. Though he has no fondness of shifter presence here. Art's visit had pissed him off enough.

Sylus Kurgen: Can it go up to seven times this planets normal gravity? ::Figures he'd get straight to the point::

Rhaine: Hmm, it should.. :: looks at Sylus with new, slightly more respectful look in her eyes ::. I never needed it, but my brother appreciated that innovation. Twelve times Mentar gravity... :: slightly frowns :: Seven and a half. Would that suffice?

Sylus Kurgen: ::Nods:: It will do, working up to higher numbers anyway. ::Slight shrug:: And I think better while training::

Rhaine: As you wish. You are granted access to up to level-two security areas, and one level-five area - my chambers. :: a holographic map appears near Sylus in the air :: Enjoy. Level-three security and higher would issue a warning when you try to come.

Sylus ::Nods:: Almost feels like being in the barracks at home. Course our positions would be switched. :;Shakes his head and looks down:: This isn't Kelvar and I don't have my bike, have to make due. ::Then looks back at the woman:: Mind showing me to an overnight quaters? Or should I just find a quiet spot on the grounds and do my best to stay out of peoples way?

Rhaine: No problem. I could have offered to use my rooms but as far as I remember mortals prefer privacy, and not some neckbiter rustling with the book pages.

Sylus ::Shakes his head:: These are your rooms and I'll not violate your space more than is necessary. Sides...I've never been in the habit of sharing a room with someone I just met.

Rhaine: :: rift disappears. Rhaine points at the map image :; We are here. This level-one corridor leads to initiate-Knight wing of the building, through level-two stairway tower. :: her finger traces down, to underground floors :: There- high grav practice room, Knight Lounge, which is level-two security. And you've known me for damn two years, Sylus. Enough to be sure I won't feast on your blood. Initiate-Knight room would suffice, I think. Write down your preferences in food and drinks, the servants would take care of it.

Sylus Will do. :;Nods then looks as if to say something but declines the idea and looks at the weapons in his hands:: Silence both of you. Your chatter is getting on my nerves.

Rhaine: :: a slight, almost-human smile curves her lips :: You need to be left to yourself. And I have matters to take care of. Enjoy the night, Sylus Kurgen and thank you for the information provided. :: she walked towards her chair, and a heavy tome floated to her hands. her gaze was almost indifferent, her entire look pointed that now Sylus was on his own

Sylus What's left of the nigh anyway..::Mutters soflty:: Why can't things ever be simple. :;More to himself than anything before he sighed:: Death is light as a feather, Duty heavy as a mountain. :;With that said he left the room::
~Wanderer of Redemption's Road~

Return to “Dawn of Midnight”