Preparing for War

The revival of the dread Legion of Midnight takes place in RhyDin; a dark temple rising to honor Asmodeus, Grim Lord of the Nine Hells.

Moderators: Raevyx_Araya, Vitus Rustovich, Rhaine

Vitus Rustovich
Adventurer
Adventurer
Deathknight

Preparing for War

Post by Vitus Rustovich »

Vitus slowly made his way back to the Temple, his negotiations for weaponry complete. He had preparations to make, including clearing out storage space, preparing payment, and gathering his troops for weapons demonstrations and training.

The Temple was quiet and empty save for the Undead servants wandering the halls, tending to everyday mundane duties such as cleaning and keeping supplies stocked. He gathered a small group together and ordered them to clear out a storage room that would be a suitable size for the weapons he had ordered, and gathered another group to start bringing up the silver needed to complete the transaction.

Soon, with all preparations underway, Vitus was free to return to his beloved anvil, and start experimenting with armor once again.
Vitus Rustovich
Saint of Hatred
Templar of Asmodeus

"Use Once and Destroy"
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Delivery Arrivals

Post by Azjah von Drachen Walde »

Vitus' order was ready. The paperwork was prepared, and it was time to take the shipment to the location he'd indicated.

The two days had passed quickly, but orders of this size were not new for the shipping department.

It was rare that I accompanied a shipment, but this one was special. I alone knew the directions to the delivery site.

Gabriel objected strenuously, but I over-ruled him. We prepared for our delivery, and Gabriel arranged for what he saw as neccessary precautions.

The location rose out of the mists, and I caught my breath. Hopefully, Vitus would be here to guarantee safe passage.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Baroness von Drachen Walde
Vitus Rustovich
Adventurer
Adventurer
Deathknight

Vitus was waiting for Azjah outside the Temple gates, flanked by a small group of undead servitors. Two of them brought out an ancient looking trunk, setting it before her and opening it. Inside the trunk was the payment for the shipment.

Vitus smiled when he saw Azjah had actually come for the delivery. "Welcome to my home, I would invite you inside, but construction is still underway, it is not a safe place to do business. Still, once it is done, I would like you to come and see it sometime." He grinned obviously showing great pride in the obsidian structure behind him.

Once the matter of payment had been settled, the zombies began to carry the weapons inside, for safe storage in the cell Vitus had indicated earlier.

"I am most pleased, I couldn't have imagined things could be done this quickly. As our faith expands to other places, and the Legion grows, we will need to place more and more orders with you. Also, perhaps you could do me one small favor...keep me informed of any new weaponry you come up with. I am always interested in seeing new ways to destroy things."
Vitus Rustovich
Saint of Hatred
Templar of Asmodeus

"Use Once and Destroy"
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Azjah von Drachen Walde »

The obsidian structure was unlike anything I had ever seen. In all of my travels, nothing like this had been on my itinerary.

Vitus was waiting, and we completed our transaction.

He then turned to gaze upon the structure, "Welcome to my home, I would invite you inside, but construction is still underway, it is not a safe place to do business. Still, once it is done, I would like you to come and see it sometime."

I smiled, "Well Vitus, it is impressive from the outside. Quite unlike anything I have ever seen. I would be honoured to return when it is completed."

He then spoke about the expansion of his faith, and the growth of the Legion. A shiver rippled down my spine. I have not asked him, but I hope he does not have designs on Rigel.

He looked at me again, "Also, perhaps you could do me one small favor...keep me informed of any new weaponry you come up with. I am always interested in seeing new ways to destroy things."

I nodded, "Yes, as we complete out of our development phases, I shall be happy to show you what becomes available."

With that, we loaded the payment and turned around, it was time to return to the plant, and allow Vitus to get back to work.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Baroness von Drachen Walde
Vitus Rustovich
Adventurer
Adventurer
Deathknight

Months went by and there was no word from his sister, the Temple sat nearly empty apart from the Undead army that was garrisoned there. They trained with the new weapons Vitus had acquired, and occasionally raided outlying territories, terrifying and subjecting the primitive people there with little or no effort. Soon, Vitus became bored with such easy conquest, so he set out once again to find his sister.

He arranged for the normal day to day running of the RhyDin temple, setting a Vampire Lord named Adremalech in charge in the absence of himself, Rhaine, or Raevix. The Temple needed to continue to function, and needed some sort of mind to guide it. After satisfying himself that things were in the best order they could be in, he began packing up a few simple things; his two blades, the armor he had been working on, and the tome he had recovered from the sunken temple of Chemosh.

A long prayer to the Grim Lord set him in the right direction, a rift that lead somewhere else. Seemed everytime he tracked little sister down, she moved on again. Perhaps this time he could convince her to stay put a little longer...
Vitus Rustovich
Saint of Hatred
Templar of Asmodeus

"Use Once and Destroy"

Return to “Dawn of Midnight”