Silence

Located in the Old Temple District of Rhydin City.

Moderator: Xenograg

Shahai Iida
Adventurer
Adventurer

The Connection

Post by Shahai Iida »

I returned to the Arena, drawn by some reason unknown to me, but sensed it was important to do so, and as I paused on the stairs, I felt it. A pull of magic so strong I knew instantly what had brought me here. As I scanned the room, my gaze rested upon a slight, blond haired child, who was instantly surrounded by the Vampiress currently in the company of My Lord, Daigotsu, and the hated Elven Queen known as Teleperien. They surrounded the child with a shimmering force field, as if that would stop me from getting to the child.

I stood a moment, letting my gaze bore into the child, who in a moment of impulsion ran past the shields meant to protect her toward the man known as Xenograg. I gave him a feral smile, "Your child?"

He turned and looked at me, placing his hand on the child's blonde curls, "My ward."

"Beautiful," I purred at him. So this was the source of magic that had called to me, brought me to a place where my mere presence sets people on edge.

The child looked into my eyes, and trembled. Oh, I meant the child to tremble. I want her to know who will end her life and absorb what she is.

At last I pulled my gaze from the child and settled on the vampiress, and a cold hatred settled into my being. "You have interesting associations." She had convinced milord Daigotsu that she was of us, and yet, she associates with the Elven Queen, and protects that which should be absorbed into us and used appropriately.

The Vampiress returned my look with a slight grin, "As well as you."

I gave her a cold look and a slight nod of acquiescence before studying the child once more. The half elf Dimitri rose, "Shahai, leave the child alone." I shoved the obsidian shards that remain lodged in his chest hard, causing him to wince.

The Queen and the Vampiress sought to remove the child they call Mystic from the room, but I held the child in thrall, calling her to me, luring. The child stood still, staring into my eyes, and I willed her to step forward, motioning with my hand for her to come, and she took a step toward me.

Xenograg reminded me that this place is a place for dueling, and without losing eye contact with the child, I agreed with him. I have come to duel for the child..... and I will win.

They sought to keep her from coming closer, and Dimitri had the gall to walk toward me, giving me an order to "leave the kid alone.".

The child took another step toward me when Rhaine picked the child up, and the elven witch invoked her magic through a staff she held tightly. I snaked a blood tendril out to wrap around the vampire's wrist, and her skin turned to black metal. Interesting, killing this one would be more difficult, but now that I know what her defense is against my touch, one less surprise.

Abruptly the Drow in the room joined the confrontation. Here is an enemy worthy of my talents! I snapped a blood tendril out at him, coiling it around his arm, poisoning his blood with my touch, savoring the darkness that resides within him, and adding him to my list of future victims. As Dimitri made his move, I drew an obsidian dagger at the same time he shoved a short sword against my throat. This posed no problem, until the hateful Drow cast a spell ending all magic!

I heard Xenograg tell me that "you have made a mistake here tonight, bloodspeaker."

Oh, no, there is no mistake, for I have discovered something of great importance. No, the mistake is theirs for trying to keep me from her.

Dimitri made the fatefilled error of leaping at me, and in that moment, I shoved the obsidian dagger into his chest, aiming for the broken ribs I sensed, and in that moment, the Drow thrust one of his ichor laced daggers into my body. The agony was searing. I had known of these Drow blades, but never felt the stab of one. My own blood soaked the crimson of my kimono, but with one last shove of my elbow into the half elf's broken rib, I fled to the shadows, in time to see the sorcerer Xenograg immolate.

There were some interesting and formiddable opponents in RhyDin!

I returned to the Citadel, in pain from the Drow's dagger. I sat, analyzing the toxin of his blade for a long while before driving the pain inducing ichor from my own blood. To my amazement though, the knife wound left it's mark upon my skin. There was nothing I could do to drive it away, and in that instant of recognition, I vowed that the Drow would suffer gravely for this insult to my body.

The Drow had taken a tendril, and my taint now courses through his blood, he will be surprised when next we meet.

As I repaired the damage in the Citadel, I sought once again the child, the magic being, reaching for her in the night. Yes, I had a psychic connection to the child, and I could feel her nightmares, the images I sent to her.... oh yes.

((cross posted in Duel of Magic / Return from the Citadel ))
Shahai Iida
First Follower of The Bloodspeaker
Mystic
Adventurer
Adventurer

Surrender

Post by Mystic »

I felt her. I saw what she was doing to Dimitri, driving those ... those shards into him! I could not let this happen, I was what she wanted. No, what she craved. I felt Shahai summon me. She wanted me there. I didn't want to leave, but I had to! The longer I remained where I was the more she would hurt Dimitri. I wish I could tell Xenograg, but I cannot write. The nurse is still here, but she must leave. I bit my lip, I had to do what I had to do. I caused a brilliant white light to appear around me, blinding the nurse. Time is running out fast! I took the cyan gem, an accumulator of magic. Using the gem I focused all my power on getting out of here and into the arena. How I hoped they would understand. It was the only way to save them. Leaving the nurse to a now empty room I appeared in the arena.

I arrived weakened but the gem had done most of the work. I dropped the faded stone and looked at Shahai. Dimitri behind me, I knew that there was no one to save me here. The Queen missing, Xenograg was very busy and Rhaine, I had not time to contact her. All the better, I would not let them come to harm again. I could feel my body tense, but I could not let fear control me!

Shahai looked at me and I gave her a face of stone. She beckoned me to come, but I wouldn’t, not yet. I heard Dimitri tell her to leave me alone, but I knew she wouldn’t. So I tried to break the mind barrier, to speak telepathically. I don’t know how, but I did. And so I spoke to Shahai. Evil has a new name. While speaking I put up a white wall of magic to block Sylus and Dimitri from getting in.

<< Leave Dimitri Alone. >>
<< You come, and he will not be hurt. >>
<< Never. Hurt. Him. Again. >>
<< He is not my interest. >>
<< Don't come here again. Ever. >>
<< Ah, that I cannot promise you, there is much I need to do. >>
<< Will you leave my friends alone? >>
<< I will leave Dimitri alone. >>
<< And of Xenograg? >>
<< I have no quarrel with Xenograg. >>
<< Then I will follow. >>
<< We go now, to the Citadel. >>

As soon as I knew the bargain was made, a binding agreement, we left. I knew Sylus and Dimitri would try and follow. Shahai offered her hand and I took it, the blood tendril wrapping around my wrist. I disappeared with her. I felt like I was being studied. She was enjoying my essence, my very being. It scared me, and I wished that death would come quickly. Dimitri and Sylus followed, they couldn’t do that! I reached out to Dimitri, fighting with all my will to contact him.

>> Dimitri? Can... Can you hear me? <<
>> Yes... <<
>> Do not worry; she will never bother you again. Go now. Leave with Sylus. I will miss you. <<
>> I don’t care about her bothering me. Just come back to me! <<
>> No Dimitri. Leave ... leave now. <<
>> I will not leave you. <<
>> You must, or you will be hurt. Go now. <<
>> I will not leave without you. <<
>> Then we both fail. <<
>> I will get you back. <<
>> Leave until then. << I felt my magic being drained he had to understand!
>> I am not leaving! <<
>> Go Dimitri! Please, just go! Take Sylus and leave! I beg of you! <<
>> He is going to get you out. <<
>> NO! It is part of an agreement! Please, just leave me. Tell him to come back. I don't want either of you to get hurt. <<
>> That agreement must be broken. <<
>> I...I... << Shahai had absorbed much of my magic, I could feel the connection fade.

The blood tendril tightened around my wrist, snaking onto my forearm. I began to cry, I was still very afraid. I knew I would not live again past this night. I was going to die, and she would have my essence forever. I will never forget Shahai’s face, one of pure glee. Those black eyes glittered in greed. I knew I was fading, but at least it wasn’t painful. The tendrils stung, but being drained was something I had become accustomed too. I was trembling still, but couldn’t focus. My eyes had gone hazy and I moved where she directed me too. There comes a time when the fear is so overpowering that one becomes a statue. I had become numb, I recognized the feeling of tendrils wrapping around me tightly. She had drained everything but my reserves of magic. I shook violently feeling my body shut down, my hazy eyes barely focused on Dimitri. I felt myself collapse; the last thing I saw was Sylus and Dimitri attacking Shahai.

Shahai is laughing at me, I feel her eyes piercing me. I see creatures of darkness, I feel pain beyond measure. I will never be the same. What is that? I hear something, something faintly. Someone calling me. I am enveloped in a white light, am I dead, I wonder? I see smiling faces over me, but they fade quickly. The darkness lingers. What have I done? I see animals around me. Comforting me, whispering to me of a task left undone. There is a bear, an eagle, a fox, and a wolf. They speak to me of a life not yet lived. There is something I finally understand. I was too quick to jump into the arms of death. In protecting the ones I loved, had I not hurt them? My mind tried to sort through all these thoughts. Was this a dream? I did not know. I felt changed, the spirits wrapped around me, through me…it was all so different. They became a part of me, and would always remain so.
~Mystic Suleir~
Ward of Xenograg
Shahai Iida
Adventurer
Adventurer

Taste of Pure Magic

Post by Shahai Iida »

The dagger used by the Drow had taken its toll on me, and forcing the poisons from my system had been more work than I thought. The arrow from the Kurgen had needed to be dealt with first. No wounds would heal until that had been resolved. Kinuye took care of that for me, and then the rest followed naturally.

I sat in the Citadel, focused on the blonde haired child. She was not just an adept, she was as the dragons, OF magic itself. I swept out of the Citadel and into the Arena, since the dragon seems to have disappeared for the time being, I will work to obtain the child.

I arrived at the arena, bending my will to summon the child, and in moments, she walked into the room through a magic portal. Her gaze held one of fear, and yet she sought to bargain with me. I curled my fingers, beckoning her closer as Dimitri sought to keep the child from my side. Softly, “come child” as I rose from my chair.

Dimitri stood, trying to come between us, “Leave the child alone!” And then the Kurgen stepped in front of Mystic, thinking it was simple hypnosis, and that by blocking my line of sight he could interrupt my communications with the being.

I slid my hands into the kimono sleeves as she walked around him, and as she came closer, I offered her my hand. Mystic was negotiating telepathically, unbeknownst to either Dimitri or Sylus. She wanted me to leave Dimitri alone, and Xenograg. She wanted me to never return to RhyDin, but that I could not promise her. As long as neither Dimitri nor Xenograg makes the first assault on me, I will leave them alone, but, should they make hostile overtures to me, I will not be bound by her negotiation.

We left the arena, with both of us putting up shields to prevent the Kurgen and Dimitri from following. I wrapped a blood tendril around the child, drawing on her magic as we returned to the Citadel. Somehow, they eluded both shields, and as we reached the Citadel, I slashed hard at Sylus, then slammed the doors on the Kurgen. We were inside, they were without.

They sought entry as I drained the being, absorbing what she is, what she knows, soaking up the sorcery and power she embodies. Her eyes grew hazy, then cloudy as I drew from her. They found a way in, and before I could finish draining the child, they attacked me, within the citadel.

I left the child in their hands after both of them attacked, I could not stand alone with the Kurgen and his damnable poison arrows.

They took the remains of the being, and she should not survive. I had drained too much for them to save her. With a smile, I returned to the shadows of the arena to watch the outcome.

The Drow was there. The one who’d permanently scarred me. I sat in the shadows, studying the fell creature. At first I had retreated away from him as he too took a seat in the shadows, but as he settled with that hated blade on the table before him, I moved silently toward him. As he kept one hand out of sight, and the other on the dagger, I threw an obsidian throwing star hard into his back, and wrapped a blood tendril around his throat.

He got to his feet, “You will have to try harder than that,” and twirled the massive blade he’d held in his other hand. I walked toward him, the blood tendril biting deeply into his neck as he flexed the hand that held the blade, I wrapped another blood tendril around that wrist, squeezing tightly, cutting off the flow of blood to his hand.

I glared at him, “You left a mark that I will never forgive.” He lunged toward me, leveling the large green blade at my head, and the smaller tainted dagger was held low, I ducked the massive blade, but could not miss the smaller tainted blade as he sank it deeply into my back. I twisted as I passed him, sinking the obsidian dagger into his ribs, and gave him a feral smile as I felt the dagger disintegrate into thousands of shards in his flesh. Between the blood tendrils and the blade, he was tainted.

He claimed his god would not allow my taint, but he bleeds, and while the blood of his body had flowed into mine, and the shards of the dagger remained, he would feel my taint, and heed my call!

As our battle attracted unwanted attention, I slid into the shadows, and returned to the Citadel.

(Cross posted Duel of Magic / Return from the Citadel)
Shahai Iida
First Follower of The Bloodspeaker
Rhaine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black in Mind

Post by Rhaine »

... Rhaine sighed as the black mist around her left hand squeezed her wrist gently.

I HUNGER, G'IARRE
We will feed, Glaeddyv 'Sierthii, Soul Drinker... we will...
I KNOW. BUT I HUNGER
The Bloodspeaker dared to harm Mystic... The girl has no idea how to shield herself. If we had more time... just a little bit more time! She is so unprotected... and I can not truly defend her without revealing what I am... You know this, Glaeddyv 'Sierthii
AS IF ANY OF DHOINE CAN HARM YOU. DHOINE ARE OUR DINNER
But too many of others... and anything differing from commonly accepted norms will be attacked on sight, do we not know this? Have we not experienced this? Better to be a vampire to them...
YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE. AS SIERTH WAS WHAT HE WAS. ANY MASK IS RIPPED OFF SOONER OR LATER

Rhaine looked up, silent tears filling her eyes. "No..." she whispered. "I don't want them to see me... not again... not another hunt based on my true form... even Alais couldn't help shuddering... others will simply attack me!"

She was alone in the night, and the disguise dissolved, revealing her true appearance... The reason why she prefered fangs and paleness of a vampire... sharp inhuman traits, faceted eyes, skin touched by dark metallic tint over pale tan, alien proportions and strange, predatorial harmony. Her moves were oddly precise and fast. A state-of-art design... efficient, untainted by stereotypes and alien. Her form shimmered to normal again, but for a moment it was there - the true face of quasi-vampire.

(Cross-posted in Duel of Magic/ Return from the Citadel )
Mystic
Adventurer
Adventurer

Awakening

Post by Mystic »

Uncle talked to me. I talked back. We discussed the weather, the castle, the council and what I would do that day. Everything was normal. The servants set out Oreo cookies. I love Oreo cookies, but I only found them in RhyDin. Nevertheless I dunked them in milk. Everything was perfect. Then it all came crashing down. There was total darkness, and then Shahai. All I saw were eyes at first, and they blended so well into the darkness. Cold and hard. I cowered, scared. Then there was this bright light, animals leaping in front of me and driving her back. It was all very real, and very weird.

Then I was in a field, a field of tall grass and hills in the distance. A bear was holding me. He hugged me tightly and then he faded. As he disappeared I began to absorb this red glow he left behind. For some reason I knew that I had received a gift of strength.

Standing there I looked around until a wolf came up to me. After putting it's nose in my hand it too began to fade. A dark blue glow was transferred to me and I felt a pride I had never felt before.
Sitting on the ground I pondered this. I didn't know if I was dead or not. I didn't know why these animals were giving their essence to me. And I wondered about my friends. As I sat there thinking I heard the call of an eagle. Looking up I saw it swoop down, it nipped at my ear gently. It too faded, a green glow passing over me. My eyes became keen and I saw the world in a different light.

Standing I began to wander the field. I felt the flowers differently and pondered everything. Had Shahai kept her promise? Was Dimitri okay? And Sylus? I feared facing Xenograg...he would no doubt be upset with me. As would Rhaine be and Tele if they found her. Feeling very unsure I sat down under a tree. Two witty eyes appeared in front of me. I jumped slightly startled. It was only a fox. He wound around me and licked my cheek. As I petted him he too faded. The orange essence flowed into me and I felt a knowledge...no... a cunning I hadn't had before.

Then everything disappeared and I was left to my previous nightmares.

Turning and tossing I awoke in the familiar nursery. So I was back in Eldicor. Breathing heavily I looked around. The nurse, the same one as before, looked at me relieved. Was it all a dream? Did I really negotiate with Shahai?

"You've awoken! Xenograg will be so glad to here this. As will Dimitri and Sylus...you poor thing...,” she continued to talk to me. I frowned slightly. So only the last bit had been a dream...or had it? Whatever it was, I knew that I had met Shahai a second time. And it wasn't going to be the last either.

I hate growing up.
~Mystic Suleir~
Ward of Xenograg
Mystic
Adventurer
Adventurer

Recovery

Post by Mystic »

When Xenograg came by he looked very worried. He hugged me tightly and spoke softly. He knew something was wrong because I didn't smile. However, he didn't press me for an answer. I couldn't give him one anyway. We went to the arena together, he told me I should go. I decided to go, especially because Rhaine missed me. I missed Rhaine too; she's so much like the mother I've wished for. But I was scared, cautious. Shahai seemed to know when to come and find me.

I don't think I ever smiled that night. While dueling Sylus Shahai appeared. She knew I was scared, but her target was someone else. I feel sorry for Gwindor; she was very cruel to him. It scared me seeing so much cruelty, so much blood. I'm glad Rhaine was there, she held me while everyone else fought. After it was over I looked at everyone there. Xenograg, Sylus, Rhaine, Shahai, Gwindor, Dimitri...Vanion was there too. I hear he had taken the Queen. I hope Tele's safe. Confused at all the commotion I just sat down and forced myself not to cry. Crying was for babies.

Xenograg sat down beside me and wrapped an arm around me. I felt weak, having tried to help at one point. Despite all the energy transfers Shahai had taken a part of me. I remember falling asleep in Xeno's arms. At one point I woke up and saw I was being carried by the old elf. Gwindor. He told me to go back to sleep and even offered a small smile. I knew I was safe; he was one of the Queens friends. Besides, Xeno wouldn't have let just anyone take me home. After curling up in a tight ball I fell asleep again till the next morning. I had nightmares, but they weren't so bad. Erwyn said she was going to play with me today. Maybe things will improve.
~Mystic Suleir~
Ward of Xenograg
Erwyn
Adventurer
Adventurer
Princess of Eldicor

The Worst Part is Waiting

Post by Erwyn »

Mystic is easy to entertain. Erwyn found her to possess a bright, pleasant nature and a very brilliant knack for enchantments. In fact, Mystic taught Erwyn a thing or two. But today they spent it doing more mundane things. This kept Erwyn’s mind occupied and not totally fixated on her mother’s abduction. She felt so helpless and scared.

Erwyn had a constant pit in her stomach that would not go away.

So today horse riding lessons followed by a picnic. Upon insistence from Borin, Chrissy, Erwyn and Mystic were heavily guarded for this afternoon outing. Mystic seemed to enjoy the fresh air and almost instinctively handled her little pony.

Finally in the middle of the afternoon they lay out the picnic in a clearing within sight of the Castle. The horses graze freely as the small company enjoys the tea and refreshments.

Chrissy and Erwyn shows Mystic how to make daisy chains and crowns the child with the flowers. As Erwyn watches Mystic pluck flowers in the meadow, she questions Chrissy.

“Have you heard any word?” She didn’t have to elaborate.

“Nay lassie.. I ha’ nae.” Chrissy answers quietly. Erwyn feels Chrissy’s on her.

“Ne’er fear.. yer mother will return. Alive.”
Quaide
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Absorpt

Post by Quaide »

The moment he heard a knock at the door Quaide knew there would be trouble. Once he opened it the man was arrested and taken away. Later he was interrogated regarding Mystic. After revealing nothing he was led to a chamber below ground.

Quaide watched the man pace around him for the tenth time. He was obviously frustrated. It had been a week since he had been arrested. Running a hand through his hair the interrogator eye Quaide. "Just tell us where she is and we'll let you go!"

"I don't know where she is." His tone was flat and sensible. It also was the truth. He did not know where Xenograg was keeping her nor was he going to trace her for them. Mystic would remain hidden.

"Then help us find her!"

"I'll die first."

"Of course you will, your devotion to her is worth more then the honor you have for your people!"

Even if Quaide helped them he'd still be exiled afterwards. His reluctance would be his death. It was a sacrifice he was willing to make.

---

Days later his interrogator was followed by three other men. "I'll give you one last chance to tell us where she is. One last chance to help us. If you do not you will be killed by the Absorpt."

Quaide looked ahead steadily. "I'll take the Absorpt."

The Absport is a slow torture chamber, meant to kill steadily and painfully. It would deprive him of all magic first and then slowly increase its heat intensity to unbearable measures. Wave after wave of spells would be sent into the chamber. Each meant to slowly deteriorate the body. After a week of suffering the person would implode upon himself via a sudden reaction in the Incliort. The Incliort is a vital organ unique to Zaarians.

Quaide was led into the room and slowly began to die.
~Second Chief Arcane of the High Alta Order~
~Quaide Erud~
Mystic
Adventurer
Adventurer

A Search

Post by Mystic »

While in the field picking flowers I began to sense something was wrong. A pain, a knot of something was growing in my stomach. Uncle had told me that the moment he died I would feel it. I would know. Suddenly I realized what was happening.

Falling to my knees in the field I realized what it was. The Absoprtlithan. It killed slowly, and any blood relation would feel that person dying. Uncle and I had a special connection made, one that was reserved for mothers and their children. Amongst other things, it notified one of their deaths. Especially if it was by this strange chamber I'd only heard rumors about.

Uncle was dying. I couldn't get over it, the numbness took me. I would never see him again. Ever. Choking back tears I didn't hear Erwyn approach me. I had to get him out of there. I had to find him and tell him how much I loved him. He...he would die if I didn't. I'm sure they put him in there because of me. It had to be. I would find him, even if it cost me my life I had to find him.
~Mystic Suleir~
Ward of Xenograg
Rhaine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black in Mind

The first encounter

Post by Rhaine »

She needed to hunt. Mainly - to quench the bloodthirst that burned her from within. Vampiress walked out of Twilight Isle in mist form of a vampire, and left for RhyDin....

The first life she drained completely did not satisfy her. Hunger remained, she NEEDED the taste of blood! Rhaine walked into a half-empty small tavern... and reeled, for there was a man in red robes sipping water from a cup. Zaarian. The blackness swirling around her wrist, hungered for his life. And she needed to check out this opponent and report to Xenograg, who knows, they may become enemies later...

She started the drain accurately, trying to sense the enemy, but he turned out to be more resistant than she had thought. Moreover, he woke up another, and these two had enough skill with both blade and magic.

Luckily for vampiress, she didn't have Arena inhibiting her built-in enhancements. Crimson-bladed saber materialized in her hand, eager to drink blood of an alien race, and body of vampire started transforming fluidly, without hindering her moves in the fight. Swift moves, dodging and attacking, testing magical and physical defenses - it scared the bartender into ducking behind the bar, and a human drunkard who could have dared to stay, was already down with a heart attack from insane pulsation of magical fields. She paid no attention to several severe slashes which at least didn't get to any vital organs. Physical pain was non-existant.

Initial energy required to drain life of these beings was more than needed for dhoine and elves... With one strong pull she activated SoulDrinker, and took the life of zaarian swordmaster... However the second being reached for her in a wild slash. A clean, sharp blade cut deeply through her flesh, and she sensed the spell trying to rip into her. Good that her inhuman anatomy made the blade stuck for a split second between her bones... she turned around, with a standard nasty Outback-style kick neutralized the second zaarian (never forget that your body is just as good as a weapon.... especially against a male) and without letting him recover lunged for his throat. Her fangs pierced his skin, as darkness flared draining his life. With his last effort, the man slid a dagger into her shoulder.

Rhaine fed, delightful taste filling her mouth, helping her to recover. Yet the wounds were deep and nasty enough... She cussed, and struggled to get up. Leaving two bodies in the tavern, she returned to her normal appearance and walked out. Weary from the fight and the wounds, she leaned heavily on poorly painted wall.
Neo Eternity
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Seraphim Knights Leader

Post by Neo Eternity »

((I suppose it appropriate to cross-post this here from The Streets / One Night Out))

Boredom had sent Neo Eternity out, walking the streets of RhyDin City. He was tired, but he could not sleep, so he found himself walking the streets simply to occupy himself. Of course, it was most dangerous during night. Several mugging attempts were halted with quick knifehand chops to the assailants' necks.

He eventually came upon a tavern, catching sight of a woman leaning against the wall, looking quite beat up. She looked familliar. He walked closer, realizing who it was. "What the hell...? Rhaine!" He ran over to her, wondering what could have happened.

She looks up, blood smeared all over her face, and a streak of blood on her lips. "Hey... Neo..." She raises a hand, a gesture to stop. "Don't approach."

He stops where he is, worry obvious in widened eyes. "What the hell happened to you?"

She shakes her head. "Nothing... I will be alright in a day or more."

Neo's eyes narrowed. He wanted the truth. "Right... Nothing. Must have been a pretty violent nothing."

She gave a slow, tired chuckle. "They are already nothing."

"Well, please... At the very least, tell me who they were."

She shakes her head. "Do you really need it, Neo?"

"Heh... I'd prefer to know. It would probably bug me all night if you didn't tell me."

"Curiosity..." A sad laugh. "Two beings from Eszt-Zaar. They came here for Mystic, but they won't get her, that's my word."

"Mystic? Hmm..." He thought he'd heard the name somewhere else before. Either way, these guys sounded like baddies. But he wouldn't know, he was just someone sticking his nose into something in an attempt to do good. Which his brother always warned him about. "Would you mind if I lent a hand with keeping them from getting her?"

She shrugs. "If you feel like it, and if you can track them." It was obviously hard for her to speak. Strange dark blood started to foam out from a wound on her side. She clutches it with her hand. Neo's eyes widened as he watched the wound.

"I know a bit of white magic... Would it help at all?" By the time he'd finished that phrase, the bleeding had stopped.

"Your magic... healing... can't work on me."

He stroked his chin. "Yeah, makes sense, seeing as how you're a vampire and all..."

A pale cyan glow flared around her hand for a second. "Yes, healing an undead is odd."

And now, back to the matter of protecting Mystic. "Well, I do feel like it. Very much so. Can you tell me what they look like?"

She chuckles, speaking with a mortally tired voice. "Just go in and look."

Neo hesitated for a moment, still worried about her, but he went in, looking over the men, taking note of the robes they wore. He came out, walking back over to Rhaine. "Alright... If I see any of them, I'll make sure to take care of them. I don't know this Mystic girl, but I'm pretty damn willing to keep scum away from her."

She smiles at Neo. "You don't have to get into problems."

He returned a smile. "It's my job to get into problems."

And now she laughed. "Hell no, another someone who gets into problems."

Neo was grinning now. "I stick my nose into wherever evil can be smelled." The grin subsided to a gentle smile. "Can you make it to wherever you need to go on your own?"

She smirked. "Of course."

"Mkay."

He turned and started off, but was interrupted by Rhaine. "And don't think them as evil, Neo." He stopped and turned around. "There are conflicts where both sides are good."

He thought it over. "Mkay then... So are they one of those guys who are just doing it all wrong?"

She shrugs, appearing to be significantly better already, save the ruined shirt.

"Well, if that's the case, I deal with them too." He waves to her. "See you later."

"See you." She grins wickedly. "Thanks for the lunch, Neo. Your energy is... delicious."

He was somewhat confused at that. She was probably referencing one of the duels on the Isle, he thought. Neo used ki... life energy... in his duels on the Isle. He flared his aura for the heck of it, creating a blue flame around his body that quickly subsided. "I've got plently. Next time I got a chance to shoot you with it, I'll haul out a lot more of it." He turns and walks off. Rhaine smirks, and then a sly, dangerous grin appears on her face.
-- Neo Eternity
Seraphim Knights, Leader
Retired DoM Coordinator
Mystic
Adventurer
Adventurer

Eszt'Zaar

Post by Mystic »

I sat in the field once again looking up at the two familiar moons. I didn’t know how long I’d been here. Day’s, maybe weeks. When I first arrived here, I didn’t remember anything. The animals took care of me; I found I could communicate with them. I don’t know how, just that I could. The fox and eagle were especially helpful. The helped me find berries, and water, and a soft place to sleep. I even remember a bear sitting beside me while I fell asleep. Occasionally I’d catch a glimpse of the Minthirl Wolf. They were supposed to be vicious animals, mother would scare me saying one’d attack me if I were disobedient. Yet, it brought me food, probably from some nearby farmer.

While I sat petting the gray fox, Shamira I called her, I began to remember what happened that night. There had been a fight, between Shahai and the old man. I tried to help him, but couldn’t. Then I remember trying to find my way home. It was hard; I had to pull on the magic from those fighting rings. I could sense there had once been a rift there, for some reason, I used whatever magic there was, to help me. Why did I leave them though? It was hard to remember at first, but then I felt Uncle. He was weak, dying weak. I couldn’t find him alone, what had I been thinking? Leaving Xenograg and my friends…but then again, why wasn’t I all ready searching for Uncle? It was all so confusing. I knew Xeno had a family; I was only a burden, taking away from his time with them. The Queen too, and Erwyn, I couldn't im...im...take their time. Why couldn’t everything go back to the way it was!

Shamira stood up and began to walk away, for a moment she stopped and looked back. I was supposed to follow her. I don’t know why, but I pulled out a necklace Erwyn had given me. It was silver chain with a locket on it. I set it down carefully; pointing the tip of the heart towards the direction I was going. Placing my hand over it I made it immovable. Just in case.

It was time to find my Uncle.
~Mystic Suleir~
Ward of Xenograg
Quaide
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

A Sensation

Post by Quaide »

A strange sensation. A glimmer of magic. Mystic was here, and the man knew it. He could barely sense her, the pain in his nerves was excruciating. All magic within had been drained, yet with her arrival, the connection had strengthened.

Weeks later the man was limp against the wall. Occasionally someone would enter the foul chamber and ask where Mystic was. He knew she was here, but not where in Eszt'Zaar. The world was big, they would never find her. If she were smart, the girl would return. Foolish child! How could she come here and leave the protection of those who cared for her?

Quaide prayed silently for her, she must return to RhyDin. Before it is too late.
~Second Chief Arcane of the High Alta Order~
~Quaide Erud~
Rhaine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black in Mind

Post by Rhaine »

Rhaine walked into Arena, thinking about her talk to that Brad doctor Anne has pointed her to for directions to Nadine Montague. Xenograg was officiating duels, and vampiress bowed in a greeting. After a while she asked Xeno if Mystic was okay.

What she heard, was shocking. Mystic teleported out of RhyDin! Probably to her home! Xeno seemed calm - the way he was calm during their mission in Myr'khulian temple.

Rhaine sat down quietly. It was time to get packed and board DarSai again for finding Nadine.... but what would happen to Mystic?! And how to find the girl? I must do one thing at a time, she thought. Mystic is a smartie, she won't be caught too soon.... At least she wanted to hope for this.

Shadow of a vampire left the arena. Her eyes narrowed dangerously when she saw yet another bright-robed figure. Not the time yet. YET.
Mystic
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Mystic »

I travelled for ages through the fields. Shamira went very fast for a little fox, and never got tired. We stopped once at a river to drink some water, and then again at some bushes for berries and nuts. My white dress is all dirty now, it looks brown with some green patches. It's a lot easier for me to hide though. I saw three farmers, two kids, and a woman. Each time I hid, if they saw me I could be caught.

When it turned dark Shamira helped me find a place to sleep and curled up against me keeping me warm. I didn't sleep well, I had nightmares about Shahai. That evil woman still reached me, even though I was so far away. I saw a village this morning while travelling, it looks like one of the few hamlets outside of the capital. I'm not to sure of where I am, but Shamira knows where to go. I have to find my way to Uncle before he becomes part of the aether.
~Mystic Suleir~
Ward of Xenograg

Return to “Dojo Darelir”