Transplanted Rigelian and her adventures in the Nexus world of RhyDin and
beyond.

Moderator: Azjah von Drachen Walde

Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Plans and Chaos

Post by Azjah von Drachen Walde »

The platinum blonde walked down the stairs of the Arena and selected a table near the rings. She was not particularly looking for a duel, but it had been a while since she had stopped by and tonight she had the time to do that.

Tormay looked up and smiled, “Good evening!” Then he looked at a man in the ring with Governor Simon and said, “The governor was elected, I won the Overlord through the duels.,”

Azjah quirked a brow at the questions that ensued as she settled onto the chair; and then she looked about for Hubie or Marcus. The fellow looked up at Tormay, “It’s a prize to be won then, the Overlordship?”

Matt added, “Yeah, the Overlord’s the top title of this sport, like the Diamond is for Fists, or the Archmage for Magic.”

Azjah sent Hubie for her scotch and took a look around the room as Matt was clobbered again and gave a wry chuckle, “Yeah, you’ll quickly learn I’m not very good at this.” She gave a soft chuckle hearing Matthew.

Matthew stepped back at the conclusion of his duel and saluted his opponent, “Well fought. You have a place to stay? We’ve got rooms a the Outback, cheaper rates than the Inn.” His opponent demurred, stating that his bosses had set up his accommodations, and Azjah chuckled as Matthew shamelessly sought to divert revenues.

He turned and spied Azjah then, “Hey, Azjah.”

She smiled, “Good evening Matthew, or should I say Governor?”

He returned her grin, “Whichever suits you.”

The door opened and Alex sauntered down the stairs into the arena wearing ‘working clothes’ that consisted of a faded trench coat, boots, black pants, and some type of vest, and it was anyone’s guess what type of weapons were concealed about his body. “Howdy all.”

Taneth grinned, “Hello Azjah!” When asked how she was, she said with a big smile, “I am peachy keen!”

Azjah gave Matthew a merry laugh before she smiled at Taneth, “That’s good to hear.” She shot the girl a grin, “What mischief have you been up to Taneth?”

Alex found a small corner to sit down in and watch the goings on in the Arena, and looking for a place to jump in.

Taneth gave a sudden gasp at Azjah, “I have done no mischief!” When Azjah expresses skepticism, she shook her head, “Nooo!” But Tormay grinned after Taneth kissed him and said to Azjah, “don’t listen to her, she turned that bear against me!” Taneth promptly made a face at him for the comment.

Azjah chuckled hearing Tormay, and then turned to Matthew, “Would you care to dance tonight?”

Matthew grinned, “Dance dance, or duel-dance?”

Azjah canted her head at him, “I think Koy would skin me if I asked you for a dance dance.”

“Nah, she wouldn’t,” he told her.

She chuckled, “I don’t care to find out. And, would you take her a message for me?” She waited for his nod before reiterating, “So the invite is for a duel dance by the way.”

“What’s the message?”

Azjah held up her left hand with the three gorgeous diamonds, “Wil’s made it official, and I’m going to NEED her DESPERATELY!”

Matthew laughed, and then tried to act more beholden to the occasion of the news. “Ah, yes. I will relay the message, and congratulations. I vote you make it a space wedding, to force Koy up there.”

Merriment shone in Azjah’s eyes, “Having trouble getting Koy into the heavens are you?”

“Every single time,” he reaffirmed.

“Be careful what you wish for, for you may just get it,” she winked at Matthew. Not that she had actually given thought to marrying Wil in space, but it certainly wasn’t out of the realm of possibility either.

Alex was coming to the conclusion that no one was interested in dueling, so he thought he would make himself perfectly clear, and he proceeded to make a general announcement to those present, “If anyone would care for a friendly spar, I’m game.”

Taneth had heard Azjah’s discussion with Matthew, “Weddings are good for dances, and good food.”

Azjah chuckled, “food is crucial for a successful wedding, or at least the reception.” Then she looked at Matthew, “So what say you Governor to that dance?”

Taneth agreed enthusiastically, and leaned closer to Tormay, “Azjah is getting married.”

Tormay nodded, “I saw the ring. I wonder when the wedding is; I want to go dance and such again.”

Matthew glanced at Alex, “mmm, he seems to want a fight, I’ll wait my turn.”

Azjah slid her glance toward Alex, and he nodded an acceptance. And so Azjah requested a ring. She heard Taneth say to Tormay, “Perhaps she will tell us.”

Azjah entered the ring and unsheathed the saber, bowing first to Alex, and then to Tormay. She gave Taneth a smile, “And I shall tell you when I know. We haven’t set a date Taneth, not yet.” Then she glanced pointedly at Matthew and raised her voice just a bit, “It depends on when I can have Koy!”

Matthew grinned back at her, “Alright, all right! I’ll make sure to tell her tonight!”

Azjah laughed merrily as the match began.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Baroness von Drachen Walde

Return to “Palazzo Drachen Walde”