Transplanted Rigelian and her adventures in the Nexus world of RhyDin and
beyond.

Moderator: Azjah von Drachen Walde

Gabriel
Adventurer
Adventurer

Temptations

Post by Gabriel »

Gabriel faded into the visible spectrum, his obsidian eyes going immediately to where the Marchioness even now sat enjoying the company of Colonel Savage. He knew that trouble lay on the horizon if this continued, but he could only warn her so far.

Rhaine did not react to Gabriel’s arrival, but he felt her irritation with him despite the lack of an outward reaction. Finaly gem like blue eyes paused on Gabriel and narrowed slightly.

“You are displeased?” His voice was black velvet, meant to draw her into discussion rather than trying to forcibly read her thoughts.

She nodded, “Some people react slower than it’s smart. And you know who I mean.”

“You believe my reactions were too slow?” He knew she was speaking about the ‘gift’ Travanix had given the Marchioness.

“Why was Kitty’s faster than yours?” She shrugged. Her jab had landed and he didn’t care for the sensation.

“The malice came from the man, not the gift.” He should have suspected, and he hadn’t. He was losing his focus and that could be dangerous to those around him.

Rhaine remained nonplused, “And you would accept a gift from someone who reeks of what you call malice? You know, after your chase after Kendrick, I would have expected less trust.”

Gabriel’s self recriminations were silent, but no less cruel, “There was no trust at all. What did you discover?”

Rhaine shrugged, “First I had my suspicions without a chance to discover anything. Later on, got enough chances to take a better look.”

Gabriel gave her a brief bow, “It would seem that I am in your debt for finding something before I did.”

She shook her head, “No, if there’s someone you’re indebted to, it’s Kitty. She and Alain got the wretched thing away from your boss.”

Gabriel nearly flinched. Azjah was not so much his boss as his responsibility, and there are significant differences. He slid his eyes toward the woman known as Kitty, then focused again on Rhaine. “So noted.”

Rhaine took a bite of cheese and washed it down with a sip of beer, giving a slight grin to Gabriel, “No remarks on magic today? Or do you have other things to watch?”

Gabriel shrugged, “You have yours back. Care to explain the absence?”

She shrugged slightly, “It’s a long story really. Ended up in a couple of my bones broken.” She paused, “More detail may be better for… conversation without extra ears. I don’t like too much information spread.”

Gabriel’s black eyes slid over Wil and Azjah then back to Rhaine, “Long stories help fill empty minutes.”

Rhaine sighed as her voice dropped lower, low enough that only Gabriel could possibly hear, “One of our officers decided to do a three-step intrigue involving information leak and framing me.”

Gabriel’s brow rose fractionally, “Power play, or elimination of a rival?”

“More like power play. Rivalry suggests conflict or competition.” She told him.

“Since you are still here, I presume you proved your merit?” He suspected there was far more to it than she was telling him, but he also knew not to push her too far.

She grinned, “In a way.”

He studied her closely, “Only in a way?”

Rhaine nodded, “I did spend a month magic-less.” That reminder nearly brought a shadow to her eyes, but she didn’t permit it to come to fruition.

“At a strong disadvantage,” Gabriel allowed as she spoke
Gabriel Datrazanov
Gabriel
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Gabriel »

“It was a good lesson,” she told him with absolutely no emotion.

He was curious now, “A good lesson in what?”

“In being careful what to wish for,” but her words seemed to be chosen with great care.

Gabriel regarded her a long moment in silence, “What did you wish for then, that you do not wish for now?”

Rhaine gave him a fanged grin, “Being a human.”

“Human???!!” The word was nearly blurted out it had come as such a surprise to him.

Rhaine gave a slight laugh at his reaction, “I had my reasons for the idiocy.” She finished nibbling on cheese and downed the beer, “Everyone has their moments of foolishness.”

Gabriel considered that, “Yes, we all have moments of foolishness. Now that you know, how are you going to proceed?” He had is own foolish moments.

A grin curved Rhaine’s lips, “without whining at least.” Then her grin transformed into a full fledged smile.

“I have never known you to whine,” He told her. It was neither compliment nor disparagement, but simply the way he’d known her.

Rhaine shook her head, “No, I was whining in my mind. And that is something an Asmodean should not do.”

“Internal whining not allowed. I see.”

She told him that whining was an attitude that allowed one to be tired, or jaded, and that in the end bred a lack of will because internal turns into external, and makes one’s resolve rot.

“No more whining is a tall order Rhaine.” Such commitments would be very hard to stick to without any relapse. She shrugged, “At least not on this subject. I’m not the most disciplined of His officers, but not a totally sloppy one either.” Gabriel shook his head, informing her that sloppy wasn’t a word he would have used to describe her. “Having a two ton chitin covered baatezu bat you off and land on your arm does something to the manner of viewing the world, you know.” She gave him a slight grin. “And back in Clandestine, I was one of the least disciplined youngster Knights of Asmodeus, until Vitus was banished.”

Gabriel’s features remained impassive, “I should think the bones would object to such abuses.”

Rhaine chuckled, “Ayep, especially without the built-in spells. These are reactivated now, slowly and surely.”

Gabriel looked at her assessingly, the bone was not yet healed, “Have you recovered your abilities and skills?”

“More than I expected” she told him, looking past him rather than at him, as though remembering or reliving something very pleasant, or very shocking.

Gabriel decided a change of topic was in order, “Word on the winds are that Vitus has sailed back, due to your situation.”

She chuckled, “Mine or his, either would be true.” She laughed almost silently when she heard Wil discuss the shock of the evening as Tass had done his rounds a la natural. She watched with that grin, but kept her comments to herself rather than voicing them.

But then Gabriel caught it and muttered, “Human nonsense. Over rated behaviors.” Gabriel gave a nod of greeting to Rena as she arrived. Then he glanced again at Rhaine, “You seem pleased about something Rhaine.”

She sighed and finished her beer, “Sorry, Gabriel, it’s something I’d better not talk about. Consider it just the pleasure of being back with magic.” She stood then, “I’ll hope to see you at the arenas. For now, I have certain things to do that were on hold while I was under trial.” She bowed, “Enjoy the evening and hope this son of a dog doesn’t come with his ribbons again.”

Gabriel leaned against the cold stone of the fireplace. His shoulder wedged in the corner of the mantle and the wall. He needed to feed. Hunger was gnawing at him, and a whisper in the night air called to him. The lure of blood this night was strong.
Gabriel Datrazanov
Gabriel
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Gabriel »

Gabriel dissolved into mist and made his way through the streets of RhyDin, toward Dragon’s Gate. He wanted untainted blood this night. No drugs, no liquor, no, not tonight. Tonight he wanted healthy and vibrant blood. He skirted New Haven’s walls and threaded he way toward the water front. He could hear thousands of hearts beating tonight. Life, in all its complexity surrounded him. The thunder of so many hearts beating coursed as drum beats through his mind.

Hunger.

Sharp, biting, needful.

Blood.

Gabriel found what he was seeking in a young couple, blissfully oblivious to the darkness that even now stalked them through the streets. They kept to the shadows, and a cold smile lit Gabriel’s features. It was child’s play to bring them both under thrall, and as they stood in the deepest shadows awaiting him, he stalked them.

At first, they felt no fear, only the initial captivation used by Carpathian’s to call human kind to them, but Gabriel’s intent tonight had shifted, and with that shift, the desire to see what adrenaline laced blood ‘felt’ like.

The lure of the kill sang to him. Take their lives! It cooed to him.

He stalked them, letting some portion of their brains recognize what he was, and with that realization came terror.

The lure sang sweetly to him, kill them, take it all!
Gabriel Datrazanov
Gabriel
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Gabriel »

Gabriel’s focus was on the woman, she was the one to shift to fear first. Hers was the pulse that raced as she realized what hunted her. Gabriel shoved the enthralled male to the ground hard enough to daze him as he stalked the woman, who was frozen in thrall and fear.

She smelled of terror. Gabriel paused, his lips a hair’s breadth from her throat, and he savored the scent of blood and terror. Then his fangs sank deeply into her carotid artery. He bypassed the vein, closer to the surface, less painful to reach, and dug deeply for the arterial blood; the oxygen rich nectar that fed the brain.

His arms wrapped tightly around her, drawing her limp form closer, as though he sought to consume her entirely. She was sweet, and the adrenaline was giving him a ‘high’ unlike anything he’d ever tasted.

The lure sang to him, ‘take more, take it all’.

And he took more, not stopping when he heard her heart flutter and stutter as he drank in her life’s blood. The beast had him in its thrall as much as he held the woman in his. ‘More’ it crooned to him, ‘more you need, experience it all’.
Gabriel Datrazanov
Lucien
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Lucien »

Lucien was playing with Sylviana, they had only just begun a game of hide and seek when Lucien felt Gabriel slam a psychic wall up between them. He went very still, forgetting that he was supposed to be ‘hiding’ from his daughter and he tested the wall. It was strong, but his twin underestimated how much Lucien had grown by finding his mate.

Lucien worked his way around the barrier as his daughter leaped upon him, “that is not a good hiding place daddy.”

But while his arms hugged Sylviana to him, his mind was denying what he saw through his brother’s eyes.

*TOPAZ!* His call to her via their private communications was urgent. He had to get to Gabriel before the woman died, he simply had to.

With Sylvianna still in his arms and confused by his urgency, Lucien vanished with Sylviana to return to Topaz’s side, handing their daughter to her even as he vanished into the night to search out Gabriel…. Before it was too late.
Topaz
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Topaz »

Lucien had never before called her with this much urgency; not for her to help with any of the battles with the Vampyre; not even when Gabriel had been so badly hurt that he was nearly beyond the help of the most skilled Carpathian healers and that of Mother Earth.

She sent him warmth and love even as she moved and shifted for faster traveling and searched Lucien's mind for clues as to what had him in such a state. They had met up and Topaz was holding Sylviana in her arms before she had all the information.

She was about to follow Lucien. But Sylviana was with her. Though she had tied Gabriel's soul to his body back when he nearly died, fairy magic was temporary and while she hoped that the tie still held, she did not entirely trust that it would. If it didn't and if Lucien was only a second late, neither Sylviana or her should be anywhere near Gabriel. Loosing his twin and having to battle and destroy the body would be devestating for Lucien all on its own. Giving the new Vampyre two people to use against Lucien was simply beyond imagination.

"Where Daddy go?" Sylviana wanted to know.

Topaz sank dowm to sit the ground where she was, nestling Sylviana in her lap, and concentrated on filling Lucien with love and confidence. He would be in time and duty and loyalty would rise to the surface within Gabriel to battle the lure of evil.

"Uncle Gabriel is sick. Daddy went to see him and make him better."

"He can't be sick. He promised bear and dolly to come for tea." Sylvina shook her head forcefully. But, while she sounded absolutely stubborn, tears started to form in her eyes. Topaz brushed her hand over Sylviana's curls. Their little girl was very perceptive.

"Uncle Gabriel will be there." Topaz assured her daughter, not permitting any thought other than absolute confidence in Lucien and Gabriel to surface in her mind.

"I help Daddy!" Sylviana sat up straight and looked perfectly prepared to do battle.
Lucien
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Lucien »

Lucien flew through the night with all the speed he could muster. The mist overhead shielded him from a casual viewer, but the rate of speed would give him away to any vampyre in the area. He did not care. Gabriel needed him. He gave Topaz the images of what he’d seen, but didn’t convey how close the victim was to death’s door. If he wasn’t in time, he shook his head, he had to be in time, HAD to be in time.

His twin was so focused on savoring his potential kill that he hadn’t noticed Lucien’s presence, nor the fact that Lucien was tracking him based on what Gabriel’s eyes showed him.

Lucien found him and shifted as he landed into a great bear, swiping at Gabriel’s back. He needed to stop him from feeding, and right now, the best way to do that was shock and surprise. The grizzly’s massive claws raked deeply into Gabriel’s back, drawing blood and causing him to drop his victim.

Lucien heard the flutter of a weak heart beat, maybe…. Maybe

But the fight was on. Gabriel snarled and shifted into the same creature and charged his twin.
Topaz
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Topaz »

The images Topaz recieved from Lucien overlapped with those of a doll and a stuffed bear crying crocodile tears over the twins sporting claw marks. She wondered if their girl had picked up on Lucien's telepathic communications and was reacting to them or if she was trying to communicate with either of them on her own. However, blocking her daughter was not something she even considered.
Lucien
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Lucien »

The bears clashed together as 1500 pounds slammed into another 1500 pounds. Claws six inches long ripped at the body of the other and teeth sought to rend flesh where ever it could be grabbed. Snarls echoed in the darkness as the victim lay where she’d been carelessly dropped. A slow trickle of blood seeping from twin punctures at her throat.

Lucien was in a fight for his life for what felt like eons, but were actually only seconds before Gabriel shape shifted into his human form, throwing both arms wide and dropping his head back, waiting for the kill. He WANTED Lucien to end it all. Gabriel saw images of a bear shedding giant tears, images child-like in their simplicity drove home the heinousness of his crime.

Lucien’s giant claws raked across Gabriel’s chest before he could stop the attack. Blood flowed as those daggers sliced through unresisting flesh, rending muscle and exposing bone. He shifted into human form and made to grab Gabriel, but Gabriel’s powerful shell kept Lucien from reaching him.

The brothers eyes met across a distance much greater than the few feet that separated them.
Topaz
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Topaz »

Topaz felt every tear and scratch, the deep ones and mere abrasions that Gabriel inflicted upon Lucien. The moment Lucien reached for Gabriel Topaz was the move, relieved that Lucien had been just in time. Now that the immediate threat had passed, he would need help with taking care of his brother's wounds and his own.

"They are dirty." Sylviana commented, sounding just like Azjah had when she mentioned that children were always dirty and sticky.

"Yes, they are. Let's go help them get cleaned up." Their daughter certainly had a way of making Topaz smile, even in the most grave of circumstances.
Gabriel
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Gabriel »

Gabriel wavered as blood poured from the five rakes Lucien had scored as a grizzly slashing at another grizzly, but the swift shift into human form had resulted in far worse wounds than the bear would have suffered, but then, that was what Gabriel had wanted. Death. Death at the hands of his twin was all there was left for him now.

He’d been lured to the brink of vampyrism, and had nearly plummeted over that precipice. This death was all that remained. Gabriel’s black eyes were locked with Lucien’s as he waited for death to claim him.

Lucien was beating against his shields, and Gabriel did not know how much longer he could hold his brother at bay, but he would hold him off as long as he could.

He staggered, dropping to one knee as he weakened. His focus narrowing to that shield as everything else around him slowly covered over in blackness and void.
Gabriel Datrazanov
Topaz
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Topaz »

Topaz sent the sentient magic bits ahead, for them to seek out damaged vessels, forming microscopic shields that would keep blood in and dirt out. It was a temporary measure, but they would prevent further loss of blood until a healing could be performed.

The scene she came upon was at once better and worse than she had dreaded. Lucien's injuries seemed to be minor. Gabriel, however, ...

The air around him flickered with the power of the shield that he poured every last bit of his strength into and his wish for death was so strong that it threatened to overwhelm her senses. She was still fighting to overcome the 'stupid' wish when the realization struck her that Gabriel was trying to keep Lucien from helping him. Not even her magic that usually found a way through any combat shielding could find a way through this one.

"Stupid, stubborn man." She muttered to herself. "Why was he doing this after he had regained control?" There was simply nothing she could do until Lucien had managed to unravel Gabriel's magic.

"Mommy, lemme down. Me help lady." Sylviana wriggled in her mother's arms, diverting Topaz's attention from the twins.

"We'll help her together." She had not even seen the woman lying in a heap on the ground until Sylviana had pointed her out. Now, she walked over to her with Sylviana, making a wide enough circle around the men.

"Are you coming, Ariel?" She sent the telepathic inquiry as she crouched down with Sylviana to check on 'Gabriel's dinner'. The magic had stopped the bleeding, but between what Gabriel had taken and what had bled out since he had dropped her didn't leave her body much.

"Do you see these two red circles right here on her neck? You could help her by spitting on them." Topaz carefully directed Sylviana in Carpathian first aid. "See, they are already disappearing."

"Lady wake up now?" Sylviana looked intensely into the woman's face.

"She would be better off staying asleep for now. Aunt Le should be able to make her well again the rest of the way." At least Topaz hoped that the woman had enough life left in her to survive a transport to Le's hospital. That would be preferable by far. The thought that she could only be kept alive by a Carpathian transfusion, and that for Lucien to perform such may be the only option, made her skin crawl.
Gabriel
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Gabriel »

Gabriel was so focused on maintaining his shield that he was oblivious to the arrival of Topaz and Sylviana, but Lucien felt them arrive. But he was working to bring down Gabriel’s shields before it was too late. He sent images of the woman to Topaz, *see what you can do for her, please*.

Gabriel’s head dropped and the shield wavered. Lucien leaped then to get to his brother. And sent a call to Ariel. It would take several of them to pull Gabriel back from this.
Gabriel Datrazanov
Ariel Datrazanov
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Ariel Datrazanov »

Ariel was working on a commissioned piece when three telepathic connections formed. She froze where she sat with molten bronze ready to pour.

Her sister in law reached her first, asking if she was coming, then Lucien, saying he needed her, and feebly and very faintly, Gabriel’s, telling her to stay away.

“As IF,” she thought back to Gabriel as she shifted instantly into a silent owl, sailing into the night skies.

As she flew, trying to gain the location from either Topaz or Lucien, she sent out a call for help.

Dominik answered almost instantly, “I can do no other.”

Her own heart raced as she covered the distance to the Dragon’s Gate side of town. It was a place few of them ever hunted when there was Dockside and the more deserving prey as she saw it. Dragon’s Gate hinted at something she didn’t want to consider.

Gabriel’s thoughts were muddled and faint, as though he was slipping away from them when Lucien sent her the images of what had transpired. Ariel nearly fell out of the sky from the shock of the visions, and she faltered in maintaining her form.

“Where is the Prince and Gregory when we need them???”

She sent the images on to Dominik, who snarled loudly in response, but the two landed nearly simultaneously beside Lucien, who even now struggled to hang onto Gabriel.

Blood was everywhere, and a wave of hunger, and nausea swept over Ariel. She glanced at Topaz and Sylviana with the victim, that was at least still clinging to life. Gabriel hadn’t killed, not tonight, at least not yet.

She approached the twins carefully so as not to upset Gabriel if he hadn’t realized she was there. Dominik moved in from behind, while Lucien struggled to hold his brother to this life.
Ariel Datrazanov
Topaz
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Topaz »

The moment the shield dropped from around Gabriel, the sentient magic moved in on Gabriel to work as Topaz had requested earlier. But there was little blood left to keep inside the body.

Topaz breathed a sigh of relieve when she saw Ariel and the male Carpathian. Dominic was the older man's name, she took that information from Lucien's mind. Now Lucien had the help he needed to take care of Gabriel and she could take the woman to Le.

"No, Sylviana, come back here!" Topaz moved to catch up to the little one, who had made good use of her parent's distraction. Now she was tucking on Gabriel's pant leg to get his attention.

"You're a mess. Me help clean up." The toddler told him with all the authority she could muster before her mother could snatch her up.

"No, no, no!" She fought her mother, tears of frustration over her efforts of escaping her mother not being successful already burning her eyes. "Down! Me help! Uncle Gabriel!"

"We have to get this woman to Aunt Le. Daddy is helping Uncle Gabriel." Topaz held onto her struggling daughter while she prepared the still unconscious woman for transport.

"Me stay with Daddy!" Sylviana protested with her bottom lip stuck out and quivering.

Return to “Palazzo Drachen Walde”