Transplanted Rigelian and her adventures in the Nexus world of RhyDin and
beyond.

Moderator: Azjah von Drachen Walde

Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Twilight Isle Events

Post by Azjah von Drachen Walde »

The night of the all ranks tournament had arrived and Topaz stepped onto the Isle and headed for her couch. Rena was already there, awaiting the arrival of the other contestants. Topaz scanned the beach then, “Mmm, I smell cake!” She greeted the goblins with a smile and accepted her usual cup of coffee from one of them.

Rena chuckled, “I didn’t get cake for mine.”

Topaz set a nicely wrapped box onto a cushion on the couch and settled herself beside it, “Aww, bad goblins. Maybe they didn’t know?”

Rena gave a slight shrug, “How many are signed up tonight?”

Topaz glanced at a bit of parchment, “As of right this minute, just you, I think. Tormay found me earlier and told me that he’d not be able to come after all. Artemus, Rhaine, and Esper also sent their regrets.” Rena expressed her regrets at the small list of entrants, but Topaz smiled, “More cake for us that way!” She took a sip of coffee, “Do you happen to know when this governor election is to take place? Or did I miss it already?”

Rena chuckled, “It was held last week.”

Topaz groaned, “Aww, I missed it again. Who won?” She was busily preparing for the tournament as Rena informed her that Matt had come away as the new Governor. Topaz sipped from her cup,

“Matt as in Simon?” Rena nodded and Lem arrived about then. Then she smiled at Rena, “I think I like that result better than the last one. Although, Gnort would probably make a fine, conveniently bribable Governor.”

The goblins were particularly quick as they went about their tasks of keeping everyone set up with refreshments. Lem strode across the sand, “Evening, is the tournament still on schedule?”

Topaz indicated that more or less everything was on schedule. Lem flopped down and prepared to catch a cat nap, “thum me when it’s time to start,”

The portal next spat out Tasslehofl as Rena glanced at Lem and muttered, “geez”. Those who were arriving were all either Mages, or Keepers, a point that was not being lost on Rena.

Tass kicked the portal before plastering a smile on his face and turning around to face those already assembled, “evening, so, I’ll immo-ray everyone and we can go home?” It would seem that Tass was in unusually high spirits.

Topaz chuckled, “Good evening Tass. Is everyone ready to sing Happy Birthday for Azjah when she arrives?”

Tass gave her a confused look, “Wait, wha?”

About that time, the woman walked through the portal and just caught the tail end of Topaz’s laughter. “Evening everyone.” She settled onto her chaise and asked a goblin for her usual glass of scotch.

Tass considered turning into a platinum something or other, and then decided against it as he walked toward the Marchioness.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Baroness von Drachen Walde
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

The goblins didn’t wait for a sign from the fairy, but each started singing practically the moment Azjah appeared through the portal. They were loud, and out of key, and each one was doing its utmost to sing Happy Birthday to Azjah. Rena then added her voice to the throng as Azjah winced at the cacophony of noise coming from the usually quiet creatures, but she tried to smile at the goblins for their efforts.

Azjah nodded at Tasslehofl, “good evening Lord Momus.” To which, he gave her that sweet, innocent, and totally fake smile while he waited for the goblins to finish.

After they did, a bunch of the goblins banded together to carry a sizable, and prettily decorated cake into view. It was trimmed with yellow roses and was placed onto a table that had been set up near Azjah’s chaise. She blushed as they finished their song, and heard Topaz join in at the end, “and many, many more.”

Azjah nodded at everyone, thanking them for the surprise.

Topaz indicated a box on caller’s couch as well. “This box here is for you too.” She picked up the prettily wrapped box and brought it over to where Azjah had sat down.

Azjah glanced at the decorated cake with it’s yellow roses, “what a lovely cake.” Then she gave Topaz a startled look at the announcement of a gift. “thank you.” She took the wrapped box from her. Inside, neatly packaged were various corked and wax sealed jars, which at first glance seemed to be empty. Yet each one had a label, and they read…”Air from Otyep Glacier, Air from Dockside, Air from the volcano on Twilight Isle, Air from the Palazzo, Air from the Desert, Air from Darkwood Forest, and so on. There were twelve in all.

Azjah didn’t know what to say. As the new Keeper of Air, they were a treasure. “How lovely! The Tower was left very empty, these are simply ideal.”

Rena glanced at the cake, “Can I put in for a cake next year?”

Azjah chuckled, “I’m certain you may Rena, I’m just not certain whom to thank for it.”

Topaz smiled, “just let the goblins know.” And just then, said goblins began slicing cake and placing the slices onto plates before passing them out to everyone present. They made certain that Azjah’s piece was the first one, as well as the largest one. Azjah chuckled, ‘cake and scotch, this should be interesting.” Then she tasted the cake, “I do not believe that I would like to know how many calories are in that.”

Rena laughed, “Just run it off.” Azjah chuckled as she recalled the number of times she’d seen Rena in town, about to drop from all of the running she had been doing lately, and told Rena that she was not much of a runner.

Lucien faded into the visible spectrum in close proximity to Azjah’s chaise. There beside him, a well dressed, and very clean Sylviana was at his hand. The little girl was holding up a small bouquet of colorful flowers, not all of which Azjah could identify. She remained there, waiting for Azjah to accept the gift.

Azjah glanced at Lucien, and knew there was no alternative for her. She would have to approach the child. “Aren’t those lovely?” She asked Sylviana. The little girl needed to use both hands to hold up the flowers as she carefully held them out toward Azjah. “Happy Birthday!” Sylviana piped out loudly and very clearly. But Azjah knew that Lucien was helping her form the words so that they did come out so clearly.

Topaz was very much aware of Azjah’s apprehensions with regard to children, but Sylviana liked her, and was determined in a way only a child could be to do something to please the Marchioness. Topaz watched attentively from her place on the caller’s couch, immensely proud of both of them and the way they handled themselves.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Azjah gave the child a smile before glancing at Lucien. She took a step closer to the pair, but kept Lucien mostly between herself and the child as she reached out to take the flowers. She was very careful not to touch either Lucien or Sylviana, but she gave the child an indulgent smile, “They are lovely little one.”

Lucien added his wish for a happy birthday before he and Sylviana faded from view.

The Tower of Water rose from the center of the Lagoon, and Azjah smiled seeing Wyheree, whom she had not seen in many weeks. Rena murmured softly to herself, “and another Keeper.” Wyheree walked across the bridge with a smile as she reached the shore. ‘Good evening Azjah.”

Azjah smiled, “How are you Wyh?” As she sat down again, she sent a goblin for a glass of water in which to place the bouquet of flowers.

Wyheree took a seat, “I am faring much better, Azjah.”

Then in a blaze of gloriously lush pink bubbles, Liena arrived. She was greeted by everyone, and in her usual bubbly and ebullient manner, she returned the salutations.

Gabriel took that opportunity to fade into the visible spectrum, where he remained behind Azjah’s chaise, but his attention was on Wyheree.

Goblins hurried to set up the late arrivals with cake and something to drink, but they didn’t get too carried away, and they respected Gabriel enough not to offend him by trying to give him cake too.

Lucien faded into the visible spectrum not long after his twin had arrived, this time though, he was minus the small child. He slipped both arms around Topaz and nuzzled her neck. She leaned back happily against him, “That went exceedingly well.” He agreed that it had, although he knew what it had cost Azjah to get that close to the child. No one else knew, and he had not expected her to do anything other than what was proper.

Azjah curled up in her chaise, awaiting the start of the tournament. Liena was looking for someone to duel with when she realized there was a tournament tonight. Chryrie Nightstar appeared in a puff of dust, still trying to clear something black from the front of her shirt as she appeared.

Wyheree continued to pick at the cake, but she managed a small smile accompanied by a wave to Chryrie. Azjah also greeted Chryrie, who returned the greetings, and an especially big smile for Wyheree.

Lucien settled onto the caller’s couch with Topaz in his lap, and noted that his twin continued to watch Wyheree closely until Topaz whispers that she was glad he could make it to the Tournament. His just simply being there improved her well being.

Wyheree took another teeny bite of her cake, and Gabriel leaned closer to her, from over her shoulder and behind her, “You do not enjoy this tradition of birthdays?” She started abruptly at the unexpected whisper in her ear. Gabriel then straightened, saying “Forgive me.” He had not expected her to be so startled by his question, which he had tried to keep discreetly out of other’s hearing ranges.

Chryrie looked at Wyheree as she minced at the cake, “The way you’re eating that m’dear, I’d think it had that nasty wedding cake style frosting.”

Azjah chuckled as she took another bite of the cake, “Actually, it’s a rather nice butter cream frosting.”
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Wyheree gave them both a weak smile, “My appetite is still not as it was… it is a lovely cake.” Her gaze slid around to Gabriel as he gave her a brief nod and took a step back, away from her. She gave him a small smile in return.

Chryrie started to hum, then inquired what the special occasion was, and admitted that the butter cream did sound so much more pleasant than wedding cake icing. A goblin heard Chryrie’s comments and immediately began scraping the icing off a piece of cake for her and presented it to her as nothing more than naked cake.

Topaz was announcing the rules for the tournament, “Everyone, regardless of rank, gets to use the 8 basic spells plus all 4 advanced spells. No one gets to use mage powers.” Then she called the contestants to the rings, “Ring of stars Azjah vs. Liena. Ring Blue Lem vs. Tass, ring Red Chryrie vs Why. Rena has the first bye.”

Liena lamented that her ring wouldn’t get the extra “kick” this time from being able to use Mage powers, but she bounded off to her ring, beckoning Azjah to hurry up.

Rena gave a nod of greeting to both Gabriel and then to Lucien before she returned to her reading since she had the first round bye.

Chryrie blinked as she was handed the naked cake, then she chuckled and gave the goblin a kiss on his cheek before she shovelled a bit into her mouth and headed for her assigned ring.

The goblin blushed and fainted dead away. His buddies came running over to carry him away to recover.

The arrival of late comers resulted in some ring reassignments, and the rescinding of Rena’s bye. She gave a soft sigh as she stood up to move into her ring, having to forego the bite of cake she had just broken off. Likewise, Wyheree stood and headed to her ring with only the teensiest bit of cake nabbed.

Xeric rushed through the portal, “Did I make it?” His cold blue eyes swept over the isle and landed on Topaz.

Azjah took another sip of her scotch and gave Liena a smile at her impatience. As she rose, she glanced at Xeric and chuckled, wishing him a good evening as she passed him and entered her ring. She bowed to Liena, “Duel well.”

Liena gave her a bright cheery wave with a small bounce before her fingers were up and she began casting her first spell.

Gabriel’s black eyes remained on Wyheree, despite his standing guard over another. As he focused on the woman, he picked up fleeting images of suffering and pain, laced with moments of terror. The more he saw, the more his fangs lengthened. Someone had justice due to them. He mused silently as he watched two rings rather than one.

Chryrie bowed to Scarlet, as Xeric and Wyheree began their match. Xeric’s rich baritone voice carried across the sand as he told Wyheree to duel well. The Tournament had officially begun.

Taneth Mercer stepped through the portal with a quiet giggle of glee and rosy cheeks. Her feet landed softly onto the ground and then she shuffled toward the rings. She saw Chryrie and cheered for her friend, commenting, “Someone’s feeling better.” That elicited a blown kiss from Chryrie to Taneth as Chryrie poised for her next spell.

Liena brought down a hail of meteors to bury Azjah, who never got her spell launched. Liena bounced happily as she scored first. She spotted Taneth outside the rings and waved, “Taneth!!!”

Taneth’s delicate fingers pressed into her skirt, then tugged it out as she took a moment to curtsey to Topaz. Then she waved at Liena, saying, “I cannot choose between you and Azjah,” then she blew a kiss of affection toward Rena before finding a seat.

The goblins continued to scurry around the isle to make certain everyone had birthday cake just the way they liked it, and kept the glasses and mugs filled to the brim while the duels progressed.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

The beach area was inundated in noxious clouds as several duellists called upon the Foul Fog spells. Xeric sniffed, “Do you smell that?” Azjah coughed as Swamp Fumes wafted her direction. Liena groaned, “Ewwww, Azjah, that stinks soo much!” She tried to wave away the odor with the mirror she held in her hands, now befouled from the spell.

Azjah winked at Liena.

Topaz whispered to Lucien between rounds, “You know that pretty dress will be rags by the time Ariel gets Sylviana tired out for the night.” Lucien slipped a cluster of stephanotis into Topaz’s hair while she worked. She gave him a kiss, “Thank you, I love their scent.” He smiled a black velvet smile and told her that they suited her.

Xeric stepped away from a razor-edged water whip launched by Wyheree. “Easy with that!”

The Isle was alight with spells being cast and countered when Harris wandered through the portal, munching a grilled cheese sandwich. Azjah caught a glimpse of the tell-tale blue hair and smiled, “Good evening Harris.” She blew him a playful smooch from her ring.

Goblins scurried and set Harris up with a plate of birthday cake and something to drink. But Harris eyed the goblins as they shoved the plate of cake and drink into his hands, which were already holding the sandwich. He took stock of the situation, and then expediently smooshed his sandwich together with the cake, promptly devouring them simultaneously, washing them down with his drink, then hurling the empty mug at a nearby goblin. “So, I just had cake. Why? Is it my birthday again? I’d honestly rather have presents.”

Gabriel gave Harris a dark look, he truly did not care for the blue haired menace, “It is the Marchioness’ birthday,” there came a pause before Gabriel added, “sir” to his reply. One thing Gabriel did not consider Harris to be was gentry.

Topaz and Lucien were in their own discussion, “I think Azjah liked our presents.” She kept here eyes on the ring, but her focus was on the man behind her.

“I have no doubt of that my dear,” he murmured as he sought to distract her from the happenings in the rings. While that did make it harder for her to keep up with the officiating, she enjoyed, and encouraged his distraction tactics.

Harris grinned at Azjah and brought a glower from Gabriel for his efforts, “Well, your 21st birthday is always a special one.”

Azjah chuckled, “That one passed a while back.” She wasn’t going to announce her age in front of all of these people if she could help it. But her focus remained intently on Liena.

Harris gasped dramatically, “then it's your…. 25th?” He squinted at her from outside the rings.

Azjah’s meteors were dropped way off their intended mark as she blinked at Harris, “Keep going,” she told him.

Meanwhile, Tass walked up to Rena as she waited out her bye with a glass of scotch in his hand. She smiled, “That’s for me?” He blinked, never having seen her with scotch before then offered up his own drink for her consumption. “Sure?” He grinned, “I can go get another, or it can come to me.”

Rena laughed, “No thanks, I’m okay for now.” Chryrie couldn’t help but snicker as her ring was closest to the pair and she heard Tass get talked out of his scotch.

Tass muttered and bent down, stealing a kiss from Rena even as he put the glass into her hand. She tried to return it to him, saying “Really, you can keep it.” He shook his head, telling her that it really wasn’t his glass to begin with, so he couldn’t keep the glass. And before anyone could blink, a goblin ran toward him with a second glass of scotch. Rena finally accepted it and took a slow sip of the amber liquid.

Harris squinted harder at Azjah and asked if it was her 25th and a half. She laughed merrily, “We don’t usually celebrate half-sies.”

Liena spooked Azjah with a quick fear touch, and shouted “Boo!” at her. The Marchioness blinked and shook her finger at the bubbly young girl, “That was not nice.” Liena giggled and added, “but, umm… it worked!”
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Harris shrugged, “I’m out of guesses then.” When Azjah told him that she was thirty two, Harris fairly shouted, “You lie!”

Azjah shook her head at Harris, “No Harris.” Then she winked at Liena, “I know, that’s why it wasn’t very nice.”

Liena gave Azjah a disbelieving look, “You’re not thirty two! You’re younger, aren’t you Azjah? You’re so pretty…your age is lying to you!”

Azjah blushed, “Actually Liena, I am in deed 32.”

Harris pondered a moment, “I didn’t know people aged past their twenties in this town. I find this disturbing.”

Azjah smiled at Liena, “You’re very kind Liena.” Then she chuckled at Harris, “Worrisome, isn’t it?”

Harris snickered, “Sure is. That means my wife might start to age. I'll be forced to find a new one sooner than anticipated.” Then he crammed a handful of peanuts into his mouth and munched rather noisily on them. “Sometimes I forget how noisy this place is, and how bright.” He squinted as a mage bolt erupted in the ring nearest to him.

Chryrie reached out and brushed her fingers across Scarlet’s hand, sending images of seeing Harris naked as a punishment for letting the spell hit. The woman wearing the pirate hat shuddered.

Azjah returned the favor to Liena by dropping a pile of meteors onto the girl where she stood, and elicited a small pout from her as she climbed out from beneath the deluge of molten rocks. By that time, Azjah had faded from where she was and reappeared on the opposite side of the ring from where Liena had last seen her.

Wyheree reached out and grabbed Xeric once again and he shivered, “Would you stop that!” She smiled, “I cannot help the chill, I wield Ice, after all.”

Azjah glanced over into their ring as Liena recovered from the meteors, “With all that snow on the mountain Xeric, you shouldn’t mind.” To which Xeric gave her a sassy wink, informing her that he was still waiting on that test they’d discussed so long ago. Azjah chuckled, and her distraction proved to be a mistake as Liena slammed her with a blast of arctic air.

Topaz smiled up at Lucien, “Tormay sends his regrets, he can’t make it tonight. He stopped by earlier to let me know.”

Lucien glanced down at her then, “A pity. I know you would have enjoyed his company.” It would take some time for him to grow accustomed to having the young male around, despite the fact that Topaz was his mother.

Topaz beamed up at him, “I do like seeing him cast spells in a ring and do well, too.”

Wyheree secured the win against the Russian, and she complimented him on casting well before she slipped from the ring looking a touch more fatigued than a simple competition of Magic should have affected a Keeper of the Isle.

Harris abruptly vanished from the Isle.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

The first round of duels concluded just as Harris returned, towing something behind him that appeared to be covered in a sheet. His reappearance garnered several glances, notably Topaz and Scarlet. Azjah caught sight of him, pursing her lips at whatever that thing he towed behind him was. Knowing Harris, it could be just about anything.

He groaned as he lugged it across the sand, “heavy…”

Topaz chuckled, “Are you moving in Harris?”

He made his way toward Azjah’s ring, which is where he stopped. “Nah, those towers are stuffy.”

Azjah was coughing and choking violently from one of Liena’s noxious fumes and it took a few moments before she could quirk a pale brow at Harris, “Dare I ask?”

Harris waved a dismissive hand at her, “finish dueling.”

Liena found her way out of the noxious cloud of swamp gasses Azjah had called to the ring at the same time. When she finished choking on Liena’s, she flashed the girl a quick smile, “Talk about a little stinker!”

Wyheree sat quietly, watching the remaining duels and picking at her cake. Gabriel continued to watch and observe her.

Azjah’s duel came to an end when she went ghostly and evaded Liena’s arctic blast. She offered Liena a handshake as she told her thank you and that the match had been nicely fought. Liena pouted but shook Azjah’s hand. Azjah smiled at her, “Get’em in the next round.” Then she thanked Topaz and headed for Harris and his mysterious, covered object.

Harris had obviously exerted himself, but did not appear to be perspiring as she paused at the edge of the ring. Harris cleared his throat, “Ahem, ~Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Azjah! Happy birthday to you!~ He had been joined along the way by the goblins, who sang the chorus line in their screeching rendition of Happy Birthday.

Scarlet glanced at the very large, covered object, “Umm, what’s in the sheet?”

She blushed as Harris sang. Then at the conclusion of his song, Harris tugged the sheet off his surprise. He revealed a life sized statue of Lenin. Only this statue was made entirely of chocolate. With Harris, one should know better than to inquire from where he’d gotten this statue on short notice, nor why for that matter.

Azjah’s brows winged upward as she recognized Lenin’s image, “Harris…. My goodness.” She was absolutely speechless, “how sweet.”

Scarlet blinked, “cute.”

Harris beamed proudly, “yeah, he is. I think his clothes are dark chocolate.”

Topaz glanced from Harris’s present and then at Lucien before she called the next matches into their rings. As Scarlet headed for her new ring assignment, she tossed over her shoulder at Azjah, “Eat the head first!”

Harris peered at the statue, inspecting, then debated commenting on Scarlet’s admonition, then apparently he thought better of it and simply snickered to himself.

Azjah walked around the chocolate sculpture, flashing a smile at Scarlet as she inspected the creation au chocolate. “Head first, eh?”
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Harris grinned widely, “This present is worthy of my awesomeness.”

Topaz noted, “The face doesn’t look like anyone I know.”

Azjah smiled at Harris, “This is a chocolate lover’s dream.”

Harris gave her a quick shrug, “I’d melt him and drink him, but that’s just me.”

Chryrie slipped out of her ring long enough to fork a mouthful of naked sweet into her maw before she scuttled off again for the next match.

Azjah leaned over and kissed Harris’s cheek, “Thank you. Hot chocolate on a winter night, eh?”

He beamed, “And people say I’m not awesome!” He scoffed openly at that thought, “Shows what they know.” When Azjah agreed that he certainly was ‘awesome’, he began to pose and flex like a body builder. Then he paused and looked at Azjah, “I think there’s cream filling in there too. Somewhere.” He snickered and Azjah lifted a brow at him, clearly not trusting this development one little bit.

She commented that she didn’t think she was going to ask, and Harris grinned, “You’ll know when you find it.” Azjah nodded and muttered, ‘no doubt’.

Harris continued on, oblivious to her suspicion, “I had a tough choice to make. It was either him or Fats Domino. And I was like, ‘who wants to eat Fats Domino’? Nobody, that’s who! Lookit that. You’ve got a bye.” He told her as Topaz called for the next rounds. “Eat some Lenin” Harris prompted then.

Chryrie prodded Tass with the handle of her fork while she chewed on her cake, and Wyheree took another teeny bite of hers. Gabriel continued to watch her and felt again the suffering as a repeated theme.

Xeric eyed the cake that had been handed to him, “Is it someone’s birthday?”

Azjah smiled and looked again at the chocolate sculpture. “I believe I’ll start with the head Harris.” Then she glanced at Xeric, “Yes Xeric, it’s my birthday.”

Rena was summoned to a ring, as was Xeric and Wyheree and Tass. Xeric chuckled as he discovered that Tass was to be his opponent. “I think I’ve seen a sign” he said as he entered the ring. Tass has challenged Xeric for his Baron’s ring over in the Swords arena.

Harris squinted at Xeric, “Don’t bother with any presents, Xeric. Nobody can top mine. I win.”

Xeric’s eyes darted to Azjah, “Really?” When she nodded, he smiled, “Wellll, happy birthday.”

She thanked him but jumped when Harris fairly shouted at her, “Eat your Lenin!! Do you need a stool so you can reach the head?” That simply made him snicker further.

Azjah reached for the knife that had been used to cut cake and cut off a bit of Lenin. Starting as she’d said, by cutting a bit from his head.

Harris eyeballed Azjah, “Oh man, That was vicious!”

She bumped her hip into him then, “be nice.”

He swayed slightly, “I am being nice. You got chocolate Lenin! What’d Klinton get you?” He scoffed, not realizing how much that jab actually hurt. “Nothing. Or something lame, like roses.”

Azjah shook her head then, “I haven’t seen him Harris. I don’t know.”

Harris continued, completely oblivious to her discomfort, “He's so insensitive. Chocolate Lenin will fill your void. Because he's delicious.”

Azjah gave Harris a small smile, “I’m certain he will Harris.” She wasn’t a huge chocolate fan, but she knew enough people who did like chocolate to know just how to divvy up the remains so they wouldn’t go to waste. He cut another bit out of Lenin’s head and pops it into her mouth.

Harris gave her an assessing look, “though, eating him all at once will probably cause him to go straight to your hips.”

Topaz chuckled, “That is a lot of chocolate! Will you need help with that, Azjah?”

The goblins mulling about, too, seemed eager to be of help with the task.

Azjah chuckled, “I believe I’ll share Harris, then it won’t.”

Harris mimed, “Sharing is caring…. Supposedly.” But he didn’t sound convinced of that.

Azjah cut a bit off and offered it to Harris, who declined munching on a bit of Lenin’s head. “I’d have probably eaten his arm by now.” He looked at the spot where Azjah had cut into the chocolate, “It’s mean to start with the head. People won’t know who he is. They’ll ask, ‘why are you eating that chocolate body?’”

Azjah was having trouble following Harris now and asked why he’d eat his arm, and Harris was lost in his own diatribe, “Instead of, "Hey, you're eating chocolate Lenin! Whoever got you that is awesome!" Because that's what they'd say.”

Azjah assured him that they would tell everyone who the chocolate sculpture had been.

“Be direct! ‘It’s not a chocolate body, it’s a chocolate effing Lenin’!” He nodded emphatically.

Azjah gave him a solemn nod, not wanting to set Harris off completely, “Of course. So Harris, how is your training going on your young protégé?” It seemed safer to change the subject.

Tass gave his skunk a poke in the ring and elicited a foul and noxious cloud aimed at Xeric. Xeric reciprocated by throwing rocks at Tass, but he hit the skunk instead.

“Mah skunk!! You hit my skunk!!” Tass wailed at Xeric.

Xeric grinned, “it happens.”

Tass frowned at that reply, then pulled an army of skunks from his robes to help him in the battle.

Xeric stumbled back a couple of steps, “Easy, it’s not Friday yet!”
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Topaz gave Lucien a sassy wink, “All that chocolate is giving me ideas,” she whispered to him. He lifted a black brow at her, almost in challenge for her to elaborate. She chuckled, some things better remained unanswered while in public, “I love chocolate. It has enormous healing properties. I really should go get Gabriel some of those chocolaty candles.”

He gave her a truly puzzled look, “What ever for?”

“To keep the darkness at bay. It doesn't like the smell of sweet, creamy chocolaty goodness.” She explained to him, as though everyone knew that chocolate healed all ills.

Lucien glanced at his twin with a worried expression, then back at Topaz, “If it were only that simple.” She gently touched his arm and told him anything was worth a try.

Harris in the mean time was discussing his protégé, “Erin? She’s a fast learner. We’re already in phase two,” he explained to Azjah, who commented that it was indeed wonderful that she was doing so well. Harris mumbled, “what’s tomorrow? Tuesday?”

Azjah chuckled, “All day.”

Harris rubbed his palms together like a small child about to get a favorite treat, “I forget if we’re swimming or cycling. I’ll have to check the schedule.”

Azjah chuckled and headed for her chaise, “Which is your favorite?”

“Running,” he replied, “Because she hates it.” He snickered madly, “Especially after what I pulled.” At Azjah’s lifted brow, he continued, “Me? I didn't do anything, really. Just some good training is all. “ He grinned widely at her.

Azjah gave him a dubious look in return, “Harris, why is it that I am unconvinced?”

He pointed at the chocolate Lenin, “I dunno. Chocolate Lenin believes me.”

She chuckled, “Chocolate Lenin doesn’t know you.”

“Me? I didn't do anything, really. Just some good training is all.“ He protested. She mmm’hmm’d him at that, where upon he scoffed as only Harris can, “You doubt my training methods. I'm insulted.”

She shook her head at him, “I have no reason to doubt your training methods Harris. It’s only that what is unorthodox to you must be quite something to see.”

Chryrie had taken a page from Tass’s duelling book, and when he wasn’t looking, she’d stolen one of Tass’s skunks since he’d brought an entire army of them to the Isle this night.

Tass was pointing at the skunks, “they did it!” But then he saw several sharp, pointy objects flying at him and he immediately hid! Wise move too! Then the 72nd Skunk Special Forces parachuted into the ring at Tass’s command. Then he promptly send the unit off to scare Xeric.

Xeric kicked sand toward Tass’s eyes, “Take that!” But Tass’s return spell had Xeric pulling his eye lids down and howling instead.

Harris puffed a wisp of blue hair from his vision as Azjah glanced at the statue, “That’s going to make a LOT of hot chocolate.”

Harris informed her that “Chocolate Lenin is fantastic. Every woman should have one.”

Azjah gave him another puzzled look, “Just women?”
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

He nodded enthusiastically, “Well, I mean, there's a whole different type of chocolate statue for the guys.” She blushed as realization hit her, “I mean, there was Naked Chocolate Lenin but he's not meant to be seen out in public.”

She agreed that it was probably a good thing, and then she remembered that this statue’s “clothes” were dark chocolate. Oh my.

Lem chimed in then, “Did someone say Naked Chocolate Lemon? Who told you about that calendar???”

Azjah chuckled hearing Lem, “When did you sneak in?”

“Sneak in the calendar? I was asked, nearly begged for a center fold,” he informed her, clearly misunderstanding her question.

She gave him a merry laugh, “No, no, sneak onto the Isle!”

He shrugged, “Few hours ago I s’pose. No one was guarding the portal, so I let myself in.”

Harris muttered, “We need a portal guard!”

Azjah tsk’d him, “We’re going to have to do a better job of guarding that portal.”

Harris grinned, “I'm sure Cerberus has a secretary. We should call him.” When Azjah agreed that she liked that idea, he added, “Of course you do. I came up with it.” Then he gave her a wink.

Lem peered at them both, “I thought Harris was Cerberus’s secretary already. Excuse me, I meant mecretary.”

Harris grumbled, “That’s what you get for thinking.”

Lem shrugged at Harris, “Thought I might try that thinking thing once in a while. Looks like I'm done for a few more years.”

“You should donate your brain to science, Lem. Then maybe they can figure out how to keep you from happening again,” he snickered at that.

Lem scoffed back at him, “Pssssh I'm way ahead of you Harris. They gave it back after like 5 minutes. Quickest noble I've ever made.”

Topaz glanced at Lucien as she whispered, “Coffee, I know there was some here somewhere.” Coffee would have to do for now.

Lucien, in his usual means of dealing with anyone other than those under his aegis growled at a goblin and tossed the empty cup to it to catch and bring back a refill.

Topaz beamed a smile at him, “thank you darling”. When the goblin returned with the coffee, she took the cup and a long sip of the steaming brew as she turned her attention once more toward the rings. The goblin remained too close for too long and earned a fanged growl from Lucien, which sent the wee creature scrambling back to his buddies.

Will Wulfson made an appearance, and as he did, Azjah greeted him, “Good evening, please have either some cake, or chocolate from the Chocolate Lenin that Harris brought me.”

He nodded back at her greeting, but his response was forestalled when Harris shouted, “Wulfie!”

Will returned the highly enthusiastic greeting, “Harry!”

What followed was very entertaining as Harris approached him with outstretched arms, “Hugs?”

Will didn’t think so and back-pedalled slightly. “I don’t think so.”

Topaz waved at Will, then managed to get closer to Lucien. Gabriel simply shook his head at the antics.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Harris pointed toward the chocolate statue, “Eat some Chocolate Lenin Will.” But the goblins were already scrambling to set Will up with a plate of birthday cake and a mug of coffee. “It’s Azjah’s birthday, and she demands that everyone partake of the Chocolate Lenin,” Harris embellished for Will.

Will felt the cake would go better with the coffee, and Azjah tossed him a knife to help himself, since she’d hijacked the knife to cut a bite of chocolate from the statue earlier. Apparently Will didn’t trust his dexterity in catching the knife, and he managed a quick spell to catch it for him.

Lem gave Will a quick wave from his ring as Harris announced that “refusal to partake of the Chocolate Lenin is grounds for execution!”

Will gave Harris a puzzled look, “So who’s Lenin?”

Harris said, “This guy I know. We went to college together. Party animal, I swear.”

Azjah gave Harris a dubious look, then turned to Will, “don’t ask.”

Will gave him a slightly astonished look, “And you turned him into chocolate as a gift to Azjah?”

Harris nodded at Will, “Pretty much.”

Will sliced off a bit of cake and chuckled, “Beware of Harris bearing gifts!”

Harris huffed, “I give awesome gifts. Because I am awesome.”

Azjah gave Will an odd look then, “Believe it or not, he informs me it's cream filled.”

Will quirked a brow at Azjah, “Strawberry?” Then he glanced at Harris, “Yes, we will all agree you're quite gifted, Harris. Special, in fact.”

Azjah grimaced, “I failed to inquire Will.”

Harris snickered, “She’ll know when she finds out. It’s a surprise.”

Tass was muttering in his ring, “Gonna have to figure out how to get the Skunk Army off the sands.”

Chryrie sent her stolen skunk back to its friends, “Fat lotta good you did me.” Then she bolted back to her naked cake. But as she turned around, that skunk stuck its tongue out at her, and it’s friends turned in unison with their tails raised in classic threat., and then…. Fired! Thankfully she was out of range. She eyed the chocolate guy and chuckled, “I have to get me one of those.”

Tass glanced at the chocolate Lenin, “I know this guy Chry, his name is Kendel.”

Topaz chuckled and then grinned at Lucien, “Chryrie has the right idea…. Without the filling of course.”

Will made a general inquiry as to whom was winning the Tournament thusfar, and Harris chimed up as he checked his watch, “Azjah, she’s had the bye for about…. Twelve hours now. Yup.”

That elicited a chuckle from Topaz, and Azjah dropped her head, “not QUITE that long.”

Harris snickered, “A little hyperbole never hurt anyone.”

Azjah quirked a pale brow at him; “Hyperbole or outright exaggeration?”

He grinned widely, “It’s your birthday, you pick.”

Will added dryly, “People get hurt by hyperbola all the time. Rocks, artillery, peanuts….””

Harris sat clenching and unclenching his fists, “I don’t think I can take this anymore. I’m pretty sure this round started yesterday and it isn’t done yet.”

Topaz glanced at Lucien, “Are you sure you're not the least bit tempted to have a bite of this delicious cake?” She took a bite and enjoyed it melting in her mouth with closed eyes and soft sounds of pure delight. He shook his head, telling her that he thought he was just fine without tasting the cake. She grinned back at him, “I’ll give you a cake flavored kiss later.”

Harris groused, “I hate all tournaments that I don’t win.”

Azjah chuckled, “But you can’t win if you don’t enter.”

He grinned, “I also can’t lose.” He wrinkled his nose, “Losing is for losers, and I’m a winner.”

Chryrie finished off her cake and looked at her plate forlornly, as though it was impossible to obtain another piece.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

The duels began to end and Azjah noted that Xeric had been defeated, and when she told him that he’d tried well, Harris booed him just to be contrary. Xeric smiled at Azjah, “You’re too kind, as always.” Then he found a table and ordered a piece of cake from one of the goblins.

Azjah smiled at him, “the cake will give you a sugar high to enjoy the remainder.” Then she gave Harris a gentle elbow in the ribs at his taunt.

Tass looked at his Skunk Army, “Ok guys, take a little R&R.” They, of course, immediately bolted from the area. Then Tass glanced at Lem, “thanks Lem”.

Harris grumbled, “It’s amazing how time flies.” When Azjah’s elbow nudged him, he blinked at her, “ow? As much as I like the abuse Azjah, this isn’t the time or the place.”

Azjah blushed and laughed as a long absent soul walked through the portal. Rhaine walked in quietly and found a place to sit and watch the matches.

Chryrie looked up and waved to Rhaine with a smile as Harris stood, “speaking of abuse, time to go home and see if the wife is still awake.” He was idly twisting the wedding ring coiled around his finger.

Azjah thanked him for the birthday gift.

He gave Azjah a look that spelled mischief, “If she’s not, I have sexy pictures of Azjah to lull me to sleep.” He growled then.

She shook her head, “I’ll get those photos back one day Harris.”

“Pfft, Sure. From my cold, dead hands!” Then he snickered and skipped toward the portal.

Rhaine waved at Chryrie, but the expression on her features was one of “who’s that?” Then she smiled at Azjah, “Evening.”

Chryrie noticed Rhaine’s expression, “How have you been Rhaine?” Perhaps the longer she talked to Rhaine would help her remember her.

Gabriel’s black eyes slid over the vampiress a moment. He sensed her condition, but would not inquire in public. “Good evening Rhaine Rustovich.”

Rhaine looked at him, her face nothing but calm curiosity. “Good evening,” she replied in an almost indifferent tone of voice.

“You have been long away from the city.” He observed. While the vampiress was usually arrogant, this indifference was something unusual to Gabriel’s experience with the creature.

She remained indifferent, emotionless as she said, “When duty calls, who am I to keep away?”

Gabriel knew the master she served, and he understood her loyalty to him, so he sought to prod her into a more normal Rhaine. “You serve a hard master,” he told her, expecting something to flair to life in the woman.

But, she remained unshakable, “There’s no other master I would serve.”

Tass needed to depart, and he sent his skunks around to inquire if the group would allow Xeric to remain in his stead. The consensus was that yes, Xeric could take Tass’s place for the remainder of the Tournament.

Topaz finished her coffee and handed the cup and plate to a goblin that vanished with the dishes. She then leaned comfortably against Lucien once more. “The kiss is one thing I will hold you to completion” he told her in a velvety soft whisper.

Gabriel stiffened slightly as Wyheree wrapped up her duel.

Wyheree’s duel had gone an excessive seventeen rounds, and she swayed on her feet as fatigue plainly threatened to bring her to her knees. “It has been a while for me as well,” she told her opponent. But before she could take a single step, Gabriel had used his preternatural speed to arrive at her ring, using his own skills to feed her the strength to leave the ring under her own power. He caught her thoughts as he helped her from the ring, ‘lack of sleep plus a 17 round duel makes for a very wobbly Keeper” and he fought back a smile.

She blinked up at Gabriel, only just noticing his presence outside of her ring. He offered her his arm, “Come, sit down.” She took his arm, leaning heavily on him, thanking him as they made their way toward the nearest table.

She made it to the table with his help, “You are most kind.”

Topaz smiled up at Lucien and pulled his head down for a kiss, which he returned in kind, completely ignoring those around them.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Azjah was talking to Lem during the brief intermission, “We’ve missed you Lem.”

He chuckled, “Please know that I do regret that I am unable to compete as of late. And by compete, I mean give out free wins.” He wrapped up his duel, and glanced again at Azjah, “Say, do I sense that you’ve gained awareness of another spell on the Island? You’re ranked a magician now?”

Azjah smiled, “Yes Lem, I have.” She did not add that she had also come into possession of the Key to the Tower of Air.

He turned back toward her, “Congratulations on that. We could use some new blood in the Archmage tournaments.” She chuckled and advised him that she was working on it. He grinned, “I mean, I like Topaz, and I guess Will and Vinny are alright, but we could use some fresh faces.

Scarlet had left her duel and glanced about, “Is there any of that chocolate fellow left?” One of the goblins then sliced off a healthy sized portion and took her a plate for her enjoyment.

Topaz pulled away from Lucien’s kiss to make the announcement for the duelists, “So we say bye bye to Liena and Tass instead of to Xeric at this point. I'll need a minute to set up the next set of rings.” Then she looked at Lem, “I'll be posting at the conclusion of the tournament... starting a week from tomorrow, we'll have Tuesdays at the RDI. I hope we'll see lots of new faces and all of the beloved familiar ones.

Lem pondered a moment, “Hmmm, the old RDI. It’s been ages. Do they still have the old rings and the wards set up?”

Will laughed, “aww, we’re beloved! It still has a Nexus gate, I believe.”

Topaz chuckled softly, “Not quite like that, the entire bubble dimension will be shifting for those hours, towers and all.”

Rena muttered to herself as the next rings were called, “I think the gods of the Isle have it in for me.” Will grinned at her, “He’s old and slow Rena, you can best him.”

She yelled from her ring, “I haven’t beaten him yet.” Which he informed her was no excuse.

Lem let the bolt grind out against his hand, “Old and slow, just like my teacher said in elementary school, except for the old part.”

Xeric followed Chryrie into their appointed ring and bowed first to Chryrie and then to Topaz. She smiled and bade him the same.

Scarlet and Azjah headed for their ring as well, each bowing to the other in preparation for the first spells to be launched.

Gabriel returned to his place near the chaise and silently kept an eye on Wyheree, who rested quietly at a table near the rings. She watched the rings through sleepy eyes before saying to Rena, “He should be tired after 17 rounds.”

Lem chuckled, “Lem doesn’t get tired friends.” He focused on Rena, “Why, back in my day, 17 rounds was the minimum a duel lasted. 47rounds was more of the average.” To which, Will then added that when dueling Syous they could go 60 rounds. “Yeah, that old shielding Syous,” Lem snickered. “And we didn’t have that portal over there either. We walked to the island, in the snow, up hill.

Will mused, “I thought we had to row a boat, light years through space? I don’t remember any snow.”

Chryrie glanced at Lem and then back at Xeric, “In the snow, both ways?”

Lem nodded, “In the snow, both ways. We let the old folks take the row boat,” he thumbed over in Will’s general direction.

Azjah had been summoning the noxious fumes with great success for a change, and she smiled at Scarlet as yet another spell worked, “You know, that spell is finally working for me.”

She grimaced, “I think it is for everyone tonight.” She looked at all of the little skunks around the Isle.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Will taunted Rena some more, “Oh come on Rena! Dueling Lem is eeeeeeasy.” Then he looked at Topaz, “So what are the advanced spell rules for tonight?”

She shot him a glare, “Fine, when all this is over, you have a student.”

Lem DeAngelo: don't listen to Will. He knows that I'm the eLEMinator!

Will scoffed, “More like the eLEMinated.”

“Keep talking like that and you’re about to have probLEMs Will.” Lem warned him.

Will shook his head, “Lem hasn’t quite been all there since the lightening strike.”

“Lightening never strikes twice though,” Lem added.

“Just keep believing that,” Will sneered. “He went from Lem Angelo to Lemming,” Will told Rena.

Lem shook his head, “But the skills remain the same. Almost average.” Then Lem seemed to put the conversation together more lucidly, “Rena, did you just say you wanted to be Will’s student?”

“I need to be somebody’s student, I keep giving out wins,” Rena told him as her spell missed Lem again.

The first meteors pummeled her mage bolt, and then the second and third set crashed down near Rena in an attempt to get her off balance. “What about the school of hard rocks?” He asked her with a grin. “Get it? The meteors? Hard rocks?” He laughed, “I’m so disappointed in myself.”

Rena glowered at him, “Very funny.”

Gabriel glanced at Wyheree as she rested still at the table, only now her eyes were closed in repose. It was then that Gabriel noticed Rhaine initially begin to move her hands in the gestures she used to obtain her coffee by magic, but she stopped nearly instantly and rose, walking to get herself the coffee in a mundane manner. Gabriel frowned to himself seeing that. She then returned to her seat, as if nothing could possibly distract her from watching the duelists.

Topaz continued to enjoy Lucien’s presence, “Are you sure Sylviana is still okay with Ariel? By now, she usually cries to be picked up.” Lucien assured her that their daughter was just fine, and that Ariel seemed to enjoy having the child with her in the art shop. Topaz smiled, “I feel like she’s giving us a present too.” When he asked her how so, she told him that she loved the fact that she got to enjoy his company uninterrupted.

Lucien gave her one of his magical laughs, “Some believe you are saddled with a monster,” he had been called monster and more, yet this beautiful fairy was willingly mated to him. He would never understand how such could be possible. Topaz however misunderstood him and gave him an indignant look as she informed him that Sylviana was not a monster. He lifted a brow at her, “I was referring to me. That drunken male felt you were with an ugly monster.” He reminded her of the night the drunk had made that precise comment about him.

Topaz relaxed and quipped back, “Ach, that drunkard might have been one. You? Never. You’re drop dead gorgeous.

Lucien didn’t add that some of the most horrific monsters he had met had been drop dead gorgeous on the outside. He smiled indulgently, “Not according to the drunkard.”

She gazed up at him, “What do you care about his opinion?”

“I do not, but perhaps you do?” He watched her closely. Not because he mistrusted her, but because he loved to see fire flash in her beautiful blue eyes.

Topaz smiled, “Nope. No silly drunkard can hope to change my mind regarding you. I can’t think of anyone at all who could. Nor would I want to. I’m afraid you’re quite thoroughly settled with me, and with me admiring you.’”

He nuzzled her throat, and felt her pulse strongly beneath his lips, and his fangs lengthened in anticipation, but he did not bite her in such a public place. That would wait until later, when they were alone. “You are stuck with me.” But Topaz clearly did not mind that state of affairs.

Wyheree opened her eyes and watched the matches, but her head remained pillowed on her arms. Gabriel watched her from several meters away. To the casual observer, she appeared almost asleep, but he knew she watched, despite her exhaustion.

Scarlet’s spell yanked Azjah back from her attempt to go ethereal. Scarlet grinned, “Take that Casper!”

Azjah quirked a pale brow at her, “But I LIKE being Casper.” And with the next spell she produced a mirror that returned Scarlet’s spell back at her, which frustrated the woman as the match drew closer to conclusion. And then it was over as Azjah produced a shield to keep out Scarlet’s noxious fumes. It had been a close match, and Scarlet’s wailed “Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o” echoed across the beach. Azjah bowed to her, “Very well cast.”
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Rhaine applauded the match and its participants, which startled Wyheree. Chryrie then approached Rhaine, “Are you alright? You seem dazed.”

The vampiress looked Chryrie’s direction, “I’m fine.” But she added nothing more, so Chryrie squinted a moment, and decided to let it go.

Azjah thanked Rhaine and Scarlet before heading back to her chaise. When she arrived, Gabriel gave her a brief nod and then silently moved to speak to a goblin, who returned moments later with a glass of elven wine for Wyheree.

Topaz announced the results as all matched wrapped up, “We now have to say good bye to Xeric and Scarlet. I hope you two enjoyed the duels and will stay to cheer.” She took a sip of coffee, “Lem gets to eat some cake now, and Rena will meet Azjah in Ring of Stars, and Wyheree will meet Chryrie in Ring Blue.”

Xeric’s lips twisted into a smile that never touched his eyes, but otherwise remained silent as Wyheree sat up and took a sip of the elven wine, giving the goblin a grateful smile in the process. Then she walked slowly to her assigned ring. Gabriel’s black eyes followed her progress. He had to be careful not to let her know that the energy she gained earlier had come from him.

Azjah took a quick sip of scotch and returned to the ring, “Duel well Rena.”

She muttered as she moved into the ring, giving Azjah a nod, “The Isle really doesn’t like me.”

Azjah chuckled quietly, “Why do you say that?”

Rena prepared, “First I get Lem, who had no losses, and now you, with none either.”

Will chimed up then, “That doesn’t affect your chances Rena. Your attitude might though. You need to buck up and be aggressive.”

Topaz glanced at Lucien, “Should we start getting presents for your family in Auriga?” He gave her a puzzled glance. “Is it not custom there to bring presents when visiting?” She inquired. She’d never been to Auriga, and had only met his Prince and distant relatives. He nodded then, following her thoughts, informing her that yes, gifts were perfectly acceptable. She then mused, “Do we have things in RhyDin that they do not have there?”

He smiled indulgently at her, “I am certain there are many things here.” She thought that perhaps they should take something unique to RhyDin when they made their trip to Auriga.

Rena followed Will’s advice and summoned a meteor shower that buried Azjah. Which Rena then followed up with a fearsome touch that had Azjah cowering in the corner of the ring.

Will rose, “Well, I should be off. Congrats again Azjah, for making it this far.” He chuckled before adding, “And I’m not talking about the Tournament.” Then he disappeared from view.

Chryrie’s voice lifted as she pointed at Wyheree, “Gah! Woman, you need a pair of gloves!”

Wyheree looked at her delicate hands, “Whatever for?”

“Because they're colder than Robert Kidd's love life.” She started to fade, but Wyheree’s spell hit first, causing her eyes to cross and forced her to remain in this realm. She missed the flicker of sadness that crossed Wyheree’s features, but Gabriel did not miss it.

Topaz whispered quietly to Lucien, “Did you find out where the puppy came from?” He nodded at the blonde in the ring. Topaz smiled, “Really? That is mighty nice and generous of her, and so very unexpected.”

Lucien shrugged slightly, “She listens well enough. You must have said we needed one.”

She shook her head, “No, I just mentioned that it might help keep Sylvia from disappearing.”

Lucien chuckled, “Well, she paid attention.” He knew the Marchioness paid very close attention to what was said around her, and when she could, she acted on those needs or wants. It was something he knew Topaz would understand with her ability to grant wishes.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg

Return to “Palazzo Drachen Walde”