Transplanted Rigelian and her adventures in the Nexus world of RhyDin and
beyond.

Moderator: Azjah von Drachen Walde

Ariel Datrazanov
Adventurer
Adventurer

Ariel's Emporium

Post by Ariel Datrazanov »

::Notices go out throughout the city of Rhydin to the landed gentry, business owners, and others of significance to Rhydin::

Ariel's Emporium will host it's Grand Opening this Friday, from 7:00 PM until Midnight.

You are cordially invited to attend this black tie event, meet the owner, as well as the featured artist of the month.

We specialize in art, one of a kind pieces, and commissioned works for home and business.

We hope to see you in attendance, as well as in the future.
Azjah von Drachen Walde
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Acceptance

Post by Azjah von Drachen Walde »

Ariel,

I will be there for the Grand Opening, and do wish you greatest of success in your new endeavor.

RSVP 2 Persons.
Azjah Telyria Danaan
Marchioness von Triberg
Baroness von Drachen Walde
Ariel Datrazanov
Adventurer
Adventurer

Preparations

The shop was coming together nicely, and she had been all over Rhydin seeking last minute touches for the exhibit hall.

Flowers were ordered.

Caterer confirmed.

She stood in the center of the hall and perused the assembled objects of art for her introductory showing.

There was only one piece missing. One she was still working on, but it would be ready in time.

Turning off the lights, she headed into the back to complete the special order.
Ariel Datrazanov
Lily
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Lily »

Ariel,

The Temple of Divine Light will be present for this grand occasion.

RSVP for 4.

Lily
High Priestess
Sylus Kurgen
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Sylus Kurgen »

Ariel,

RSVP 2,

Lady Alais d'Arma Graham and Mr. Sylus Kurgen

We look forward to meeting you at your Grand Opening.
Best of Luck,
Sylus Kurgen
~Wanderer of Redemption's Road~
Xenograg
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Bey

Post by Xenograg »

Amaltea and I will also attend.

(signed)
Xenograg kathu-Darelir,
Fourth Overlord of the Duel of Swords.
"The stupidest creative act is still a creative act, and that the real gap isn't between the mediocre and great work. The real gap is between getting started and doing nothing. If you've created something, even if it's stupid, you've put yourself in a position to do more." - Clay Shirky
Ariel Datrazanov
Adventurer
Adventurer

Grand Opening Success

The day of the grand opening dawned clear and brilliant. A fine omen for the first day of business.

The exhibits are ready, the food is being delivered, the flowers are in place.

Taking a deep breath, she unlocked the front doors and turned on the open sign.

Guests began to arrive, and she greeted each in turn, providing them with the brochures of her art, and the general pricing for different media.

The Temple of Divine Light was represented well with 4 guests, and many of the landed gentry of RhyDin attended. There were 5 commissions, and for an introductory showing, that's pretty good.

The clients were in a buying mood, and in all, I believe my shop will do well in RhyDin.

The special piece, commissioned by the Baroness was unveiled at closing, and from the expression of the recipient of the work, I believe he was duly surprised. And I hope, happy with the rendering of the Baroness.

Thank you letters are delivered to one and all who attended.

I look forward to working with everyone in the coming months.
Ariel Datrazanov
Ariel Datrazanov
Adventurer
Adventurer

The Temple

She'd worked all week on this sculpture, and it had taken considerable effort to render the Temple likeness into an artistic piece that would grace the front shop window.

The lines of the Temple are beautiful, and they were inspiring when she started the piece, but as she worked to bring the grace and flowing lines into harmony, a discord wound itself into her art. Even now she struggles with something she cannot put her fingers on, and while the likeness is keen, there is something.....

She'd left the sculpture for several days on the work bench in the back. Considering it from all angles. It was a perfect likeness of the exterior of the Temple, but something was still amiss.

Shaking her head, she moved the sculpture out of the back room and into the center of the show window along the street.

That afternoon, she looked out to see a small crowd gathered at her window, pointing at the sculpture. Well, at least it was gaining attention.
Ariel Datrazanov
Ariel Datrazanov
Adventurer
Adventurer

New Ideas

Business was good, there'd been several commissions for her work, as well as a lot of interest in the Temple sculpture.

Perhaps it would be fitting to do some of the main and culturally important buildings in similar form to display in the show windows.

Thus begins the work of scuplting several of the important places in RhyDin.
Ariel Datrazanov
Ariel Datrazanov
Adventurer
Adventurer

New Consignment

Today I was approached by the Administrator of the Hospice of the Sisters of Divine Light to produce a rendering of their new hospice for Rhydin.

She would like it before their grand opening, and that will push me a bit to make it on time, but she was willing to pay expedite fees, and I believe she will be well pleased.
Ariel Datrazanov
Ariel Datrazanov
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hospice Painting

The Painting for the Temple was complete. I'd chosen the warm, soothing shades of a brilliant sunset for the background, casting the Hospice in warm shades. The final brush strokes were completed and I stepped back to study the result.

The softer highlights were an addition that helped give a 'lived in' feel to the painting, and I am satisfied with the result. Now let's find out if the young priestess that commissioned it agrees.

I penned the missive to the Hospice Administrator, requesting that she come review the painting before I deliver it.

The shop bells chime, and I am summoned to the show room...
Ariel Datrazanov
Ariel Datrazanov
Adventurer
Adventurer

Painting Delivery

The Sister from the Hospice has come and reviewed the painting. She seems to be genuinely pleased, and has requested delivery tomorrow.

I gave the painting one last critical inspection before packaging it for it's shipment to it's new home.

While I was delivering the painting, I was shown the Hospice facilities. While it is always sad to think about dying, it is comforting to know that there are places willing to give the dying such dignity and care, which they might not otherwise obtain.
Ariel Datrazanov
Ariel Datrazanov
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jewelry Line added

I've been approached by a jewel smith regarding the addition of a jewelry line to the Emporium. It is an intriguing idea, and I've told him, I will give it consideration.

After several days of contemplation, I have decided that we will include the jewelry collection within the art of the shop.

I hope the residents of RhyDin are ready for unique objects of wearable art!
Ariel Datrazanov
Ariel Datrazanov
Adventurer
Adventurer

Expansion projects

The addition of the jewelry collection has increased the traffic through the shop, and the artisan and I are very pleased with the results.

The shop is looking a bit more crowded than I would prefer, and I will speak with the owner of the building next door to see if I can negotiate buying it from him.
Ariel Datrazanov
Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Dimitri »

Dimitri walked into the store looking at all of the Jewelry and art. He inspected some of the jewelry closely looking for any imperfection in the gold or diamond cutting. He pulled out one of his own works and studied it with one of the stores that looked oddly similar. He went around looking at all of the statues for a rather long time.
Dimitri Locherin. Azillian guard, former Commander of the Huor Ar-Feiniel Battalion.

Return to “Palazzo Drachen Walde”