Jail

An ancient religion emerges in Rhy'Din.

Moderator: Vanion Shadowcast

Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Jail

Post by Dimitri »

Is laying on the bunk with the bottle of whiskey still by him Vanion's visage slowly manifests before Dimitri

"Ahhh, Dimitri."

Dimitri looks at Vanion and grunts

"What the hell do you want. Its your fault I am here."

"How do you figure?"

Dimitri takes a swig from the bottle as Vanion says,

"I think you are in here because you are afraid to take what it is yours. Why do you stay here, knowing you are innocent?"

Dimitri took a long swig of whiskey again and replied,

"Why would I want to kill innocent lives. That is what it would come to. I would of had to kill the guards. Waste of life and effort."

"Waste of whose life? Yours, by staying here. You are constantly mistreated by everyone. Don't you ever just want to take the power back?"

"Yes! I would!"

"Then do it. You have the power. Leave here."

Dimitri shakes his head at this,

"They would be after me then. This is the right thing to do."

"Join Kelathe and others like yourself. By my side."

"Like myself? You dont know me."

"I know you very well, Dimitri."

"You dont know what I have been through." Dimitri says quietly
Dimitri Locherin. Azillian guard, former Commander of the Huor Ar-Feiniel Battalion.
Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Jail

Post by Dimitri »

"So much pain. I understand better than any could."
It's time to take the Night back, though, Dimitri.

Dimitri shakes his head and takes a very long drink.

"I dont understand. You tell me that I am weak powerless. Now you want me to fight by your side."

You are weak. Because you allow yourself to be.

I allow myself control. Balance.

"You are afraid. I offered you power and a home.".

"I am not afraid."

All you had to do was go to sleep. And so be it. I will not offer you immortality again.

I drank your blood.

Dimitri sits down on the bunk and runs his fingers through his hair.

And how did it feel? How did it taste?

Good...
Dimitri Locherin. Azillian guard, former Commander of the Huor Ar-Feiniel Battalion.
Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

jail

Post by Dimitri »

"What have you been missing while parents tell their children bedtime stories of wicked creatures called Vampires?"

"They are wicked creatures."

Dimitri says cooly.

"What have you been missing, sleeping while the beautiful stars and moon look over the creatures of the night, laboring under the hot, moist, unforgiving sun? We are not wicked, Dimitri. I want what all men want. What do you think that is?"

"Darkness. To be normal?"

Dimitri took another long swig of whiskey finishing the bottle.

"No. To be Free."

"You are free. Im not."

"I am forced to sleep during the day, vulnerable to any who would seek me. I am imprisoned every day. I cannot even look at the Sun. That is not freedom, Dimitri."

"I have been held back my entire life. If I do join you, Would you would hold me back."

"No. I would encourage you to be Free. Do you know anything of the Myr'Khul religion?"

No.

Do you wish to?

Yes.

Then free yourself of this place, and come with me to my Temple I will let you read the sacred texts.

Dimitri looks confused.

"I cannot just leave."

"You can."

"But I will come with you tonight."
Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Jail

Post by Dimitri »

"Meet me at the South Gate in one hour. Bring a corpse with you."

Suddenly Vanion's form disappears from view and he is gone. Dimitri looks around and grabs the empty whiskey bottle and begins to meld into the ground. As his head goes under the floor he tries to leave the eniter Jailhouse but the wall was enchanted somehow. Two Guards come towards the cell hearing strange Dialogue. "Hey he's trying to escape!" They yell loudly.

Dimitri comes out of the ground behind them and snaps the younger guards neck. Then he pulls a knife from the dead guard and slits the older ones neck. The older guard begins to gurgle trying to yell for help. Dimitri kicks him in the face. Suddenly four guards rush into the hall somehow hearing the older man. Three of them immediatly draw swords, the last one staying back to prepare a spell.

"Sound the alarm" One of them yells. Dimitri looks at the ground and four golems rise up and crush the three swordsmen. But then the spellcaster unleashes a fireball directed toward the golems. As Dimitri throws a knife at his throat. An alarm begins to sound, and the sound of people moving around quickly could be heard

Dimitri looks around and secures a sword and a few knives. Carrying one of the bodies over his shoulder muttering an elvish prayer. When a young guard comes around the corner. "S-s-stop! Where you are!" he has a flintlock pistol aimed at Dimitri. He looks at the guardsmen "Please move out of my way, No one else needs to die." The young man's eyes begin to well up and he turns to vomit on the wall.

Dmitri walks up to the man and knocks him out with one swift hit. He continues his walk towards the front door suddenly a plethora of gueards pour out of the wings, Several dozen, as they storm towards him. "Drop the man! Now!" Dimitri looks around slowly "No one else needs to die. Let me leave." The head guard yelled again 'We repear drop him!" The guards begin to edge closer to Dmitri weapons drawn and archers to the rear.

A nervous bowmen fires suddenly fires and the arrow hits Dmitri in the shoulder. Then the rest of the archers fire out of instinct the meleers closing in after their volley. Dimitri grunted in pain and his eyes turned from the soft golden to ice cold and in a flash the green dragon. Appeared before them. He roared loudly shaking the building. Dmitri sends fire blasts burning the arrows and anyone in his path.

Several of the frontline meelers dropped their weapons and run, the ones that dont are burnt and crushed. Dimitri broke through the front wall and took off toward his destination.
Vanion Shadowcast
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Archpriest of Myr'Khul

Post by Vanion Shadowcast »

Blood & Bone Magic.

Drexxa.

Mystara.

Avoozl.

Blood & Bone.

Vanion Shadowcast waited at the edge of town for Dimitri. He had become everything that he had once hated. As a young half-elf butchered innocent men in his attempt to escape, Vanion waited for a very ancient history to begin to repeat itself.

Return to “Temple of Myr'Khul”