Warden of Overlook
- King of the Hill Title.
- Requires at minimum a 2-2-0 Record on the Cycle Rankings to begin. (4 duels, 50% win rate minimum)
- Title will change hands throughout the Cycle on a Week-by-Week basis, depending on who holds the better win percent (above 50%).
- The duelist who still controls the Warden of Overlook title at the end of the cycle will be allowed to request a special achievement.
- Grant of Karnafexx will be transferred to this as end of cycle prize, along with a roleplay location prize (house, cottage, etc. Located mountainside north of RhyDin & overlooking the city).
Revised Warden of Lakeside
- Requirements changed to: Most Duels Fought Per Cycle.
- Awarded at the End of the Cycle.
- Grant of Karnafexx removed from prize (transferred to Overlook). Achievement becomes new prize. 2019 Fall Cycle Winner will still receive the grant.
- Former Lakeside Wardens are grandfathered in and allowed the Achievement.
- Dueling Houses will return for the Winter Cycle.
We are looking for feedback from active members of the Duel of Swords community on the following game mechanics.
1. The Overlord Grace.
Should this rule become finalized and added to the game officially or be removed? Currently we've only seen a few cases of it being used, but we are interested in reading the thoughts of those who either like or dislike the idea of the tested rule.Overlord Grace
Should an Overlord have a Majority of Loyal Barons then the Overlord will be given a 30 day grace period after successfully defending their title against a Warlord. No other duelist of the Warlord Rank will be able to challenge them*. The grace period will end should there be a change to a Renegade majority.
1. Renegade Barons will still be able to challenge for Overlord, and their challenge will supersede this 30 day grace period.
2. The rules for banished Loyal Barons will be the same as they are written now -- in other words, a challenge made by a banished Loyal Baron will supersede all other challenges.
* Special Cases: Warlords who win an Overlord Challenge Grants from the Warlord Tournament, Madness, or any special events, will supersede wait periods. This will also count as a normal Warlord challenge and the grace period will be rewarded to the Overlord for successfully defending. Should the Overlord have been within grace, and the grant user supersede it, then grace will reset back to 30 days once the challenge process is complete and the Overlord defends.
An Overlords 30 day grace period will begin when the Official Standings are updated to reflect the challenge results (Sunday's at 6 PM EST). Should the Official Standings be late, the 30 day grace period will still begin at 6 PM EST on the Sunday after a successful challenge. Challenges to the Overlord by Renegade Barons or special grant holders will still need to follow the challenge process in those rare times standings are updated late. (aka, a challenge isn't considered officially over until the official standings are updated).
The End of a Cycle: The Overlords Grace against Warlord challenges will continue on into a new cycle.
2. The Barony of Cadentia
- We introduced the Barony of Cadentia in 2019 and with two cycles passing we are looking for community feedback. What do you think of the barony?
Most Importantly. Thank you all for participating in the Duel of Swords during 2019! We look forward to seeing what fun we can all make in this new year of 2020!