Wayward Souls Orphanage

Welcome to the Temple of Divine Light, all who come seeking wisdom and divine guidance are welcome within these doors. <a href="http://templeofdivinelight.com">http://templeofdivinelight.com</a>

Moderators: Lily, Brother Zed

Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Dimitri »

His face full of ice shards but he ignores the pain pushing his way in. Then the ghost smothers him but he still does not slow down he continues to run into the building trying to reach Alia anor. His vision blurs as his breathing slows. His lungs were empty of air, Dimitri stopped and a sudden gust of wind blows in and then out bringing out the poisonous air out.

He took the last steps before his vision blacked the last thing he could do was summon a protective aura around Alia anor. Then he was out.
Dimitri Locherin. Azillian guard, former Commander of the Huor Ar-Feiniel Battalion.
Alia Anor Graham
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Alia Anor Graham »

One breath gasped.

fresh air flowed into the room, dispersing the poisons

A cough, and aqua eyes flutter open as she reaches for her throat.

Dmitri lay bleeding near the sofa where she'd fallen asleep.

She tried to call his name, but only a faint hiss escaped her raw throat.
Alia Anor Graham d' Nitesong Sidhe
Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Dimitri »

His body ached as his eyes blinked open slowly. Dimitri rolled over on his side the pain from the ice in his face was gone. He then pushed himself and leaned onto the couch. He turned and looked at Alia anor and held her hand. "hullo there."
Dimitri Locherin. Azillian guard, former Commander of the Huor Ar-Feiniel Battalion.
Alia Anor Graham
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

It took serious effort and concentration to gently sqeeze Dmitri's hand. The poison still lingered in her lungs and blood.

He looked a mess. And with a rueful croak told him so, and followed it with a weak smile.

Noise outside the window drew her attention from Dmitri to where she could see Rollo.

If they hadn't come, by now she would be dead. But the question was, who wanted her dead?
Rollo
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Rollo »

With a deep groan Rollo pulled himself from the cot he'd been using to take a nap.

The incident with Alia Anor and that spectre still bothered him immensley. Who was the spirit and why did she wish Sister Alia Anor dead? But what bothered him more than that was the notion of why hadn't they encountered this ghost again? Why only the one attack?

Not getting any answers to come to mind, Rollo decided to go for another walk around the Orphanage's grounds then visit the Temple Sister Alia Anor served. The stable lads working at the orphanage were quite well trained now and when they saw him coming it was as if an ant hill had been stepped on. They all started scurrying about to fetch feet, water, Mandarb's saddle, and anything else he might need. These lads had been trained to anticipate his various needs where the horse was concerned.

The feed and water were waved away as Rollo pulled himself up onto Mandarb's saddle, he had to grip the reigns in his left hand. The confrontation with the ghost and having his right arm encased in ice had taken some of the use from his dominant hand, so it was still an adjustment to use the other for most things.

A smile and a nod to the steble lads boots dug into Mandarb's ribs as he spurred the horse on. Heading for the Temple of Divine Light.
"If success is not on your own terms, if it looks good to the world but does not feel right in your heart, it is not success" - Anonymous
Alia Anor Graham
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

The meeting with the young Viscompt had not gone well, and Alia Anor had returned to her rooms to change. It seemed she and Brother Vincent would go for the meeting.

As she left her rooms and headed for the front doors, she spotted the familiar war horse that had been housed with the knight she'd taken in.

"Rollo? What brings you here?" She was surprised to see him at the main temple, but she hadn't been at the orphanage or the hospice while she recovered, and then she noted that he held the reins of the great beast in his left hand, which was unusual.
Alia Anor Graham
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Negotiations had not begun with the young Viscount, and days had passed since I had seen either Dimitri or Rollo. I was restless and decided to go down to the Arena, even though I would likely run into The Liberator, and our last meeting had not gone well at all. I had lost my temper with him, and that was not a good thing to do, especially in such a public venue.

I walked down the stairs, leaving the hood pulled up over my head, casting my features in shadows. Until I lowered the hood, it would simply be another of the initiates from the Temple and would not likely draw the attention of The Liberator, who, as I had guessed, was indeed there, sipping his tea and talking to Tera Starfare.

I folded my hands into the sleeves of my robes, less of a means for the Liberator to recognize me as I moved silently toward the bar, where I had one of the lads pour me a glass of tequila. Destre waved, and I nodded at her rather than speak before settling onto a seat at the bar near a man I have never seen before. He was rather deeply into his cups, the scent of meade thick around him.

I turned to watch The Liberator a moment, and then decided if I had lost my temper in public, I could apologize in public, and I lowered the hood of my robes as he rose, stretching as he did so, saying his good night’s to Destre.

He turned then, seeing me at the bar behind him, and I bowed my head in reverence as he spoke, “Hello Alia Anor, how are you girl?”
Alia Anor Graham
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

“Good evening Liberator.”

He fought back a frown at the title, “please do not call me that.”

I set the glass of tequila on the bar, lifting my eyes to his, “How would you have me address you?” He was the Liberator, it would be wrong to address him any other way.

His face softened slightly, “as you used to would please me.”

I had once called him ‘uncle’, but such would not be acceptable now. “That would be unseemly.”

He sighed deeply, “anything but that,” was he answer. It left me few options in truth.

So I avoided the whole issue and continued, “I believe I owe you an apology sir.”

He raised a brow in question at me, “indeed?”

I nodded at him, “I lost my temper. I should not have done so. Please forgive that breach.” There, I had made my apologies, and no flaw could be laid at the Temple’s door for my behavior.

He studied me a moment, “losing your temper is one thing. Tossing a weapon down is another. But I do forgive you my dear.” He turned then, seeing his wife, and he reached out his hand toward her.

I did not wish to remain in their company. I picked up my tequila and downed it as he kissed her in greeting.

It was time to leave, and I pulled the hood back up over my head, casting my features once again into shadow and began to make my way toward the stairs.

He turned to see that I had withdrawn, and called after me, “take care, Alia Anor.”

I paused, turning toward the Liberator’s voice, folding my hands within the sleeves of my robes, “may the White Lady watch over you.” I saw Amaltea shudder slightly, and a cold smirk curved my lips at her reaction. But then I bowed and resumed my path toward the doors.

Xenograg sighed and turned back to his wife.

Amaltea pointed at Drakhan, “that thing has been alive, like, forever!”

Drakhan turned to glance at Amal and gave her a huge, drooly, toothy grin. Now that Amaltea had the dragon’s attention, the lizard waddled toward her.
Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Dimitri »

Dimitri walked into the room slowly. His eyes scanned the room slowly, He walked to Alia Anor slowly looking at her. "hullo" He turned and looked at each other person in the room.
Alia Anor Graham
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Alia Anor smiled seeing Dimitri, "welcome home".
Alia Anor Graham
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

I had gone to Twilight Isle to watch the challenge between Vanion and Brigath. Something is very wrong with the way that dark elf continues to seek possession of the key to the only tower he has not contaminated. Sadly, the first match went Vanion’s way, and I said a few prayers to the White Lady in hopes she would see fit to deny Vanion a second win.

As the second match began, Joku arrived. I have not seen him in a very long time, and it was with a welcome smile that I invited him to join me for the second match. He smiled, bowing slightly as I told him it had been a very long time. “Hai, Very long time that I believed the rumors true of your demise.”

I chuckled softly, while some may wish such a thing, it has not yet been accomplished. “such rumors are exaggerated.”

His dark eyes flashed with a hint of a smirk, “obviously, much to my delight.” He took the offered seat with a slight nod of thanks before asking what we were watching.

“Two challenge matches, but it is that one I have a keen interest in.” While Bran and Etherean’s match was interesting, it was Vanion’s match that troubles me. Something is brewing in that dark elf’s mind, and it can only be trouble should he wrest the key from Brigath.

Joku’s eyes slid over the rings as he followed my gesture to Vanion’s ring. Amazement briefly flickered over his features, as though perhaps he’d thought Brigath died as well before turning back to ask for whom I was supporting in the challenge.

Very quietly, hoping that the dark elf would not hear me, I told him I did not wish to see Vanion attain his goal. That one seeks power that he should not have.”

He nodded sagely, “I hear you on that m’lady Graham.”

I winced as he reverted to a name that has no meaning any longer for me, but I gave him a quick smile before correcting him, “Sister Alia Anor.”

I could see him wince as I corrected him, “so I assume you are still a part of that temple?”

Something shaded his question, but I cannot certain if it is disappointment, or something else, “Oh yes, I am quite happy there.”

He nodded but did not pursue further, “it seams the vampire is indeed looking fortunate this match so far.” He glanced at Vanion’s ring.

I could not stop the frown from creasing my forehead, “unfortunately, yes. And he’s won the first one already.”

Joku nodded as I brought him up to the current situation, “And do you know how the other challenge is fairing by chance as well?” He paused to look at Bran and Etherean’s ring a moment.

I do not care the outcome of that match, but I was here when Etherean won the first match against Bran Bale, and I informed Joku of that outcome, but my eyes never left the ring Vanion was in. It was coming down to the wire, and Vanion was leading this match as well.

He glanced at me a long moment, as if remembering our trip across the city so long ago before speaking again. “Nice, Etherean is a great competitor, we have a friendly rivalry in the swords league.” And with that, he produced a “GO Esper” pennant that he waved enthusiastically. But in that moment, Brigath also lost the second match. The least favorable outcome had come to pass.

I winced as Vanion stood facing Brigath, crossing both arms over his chest, obliterating the red octopus upon his chest.

Brigath offered him congratulations, stating that clearly he had learned something since the last time they had met. But Vanion was not about to be magnanimous, and he told Brigath, “Yes. The rewards of faith and dedication.” He then extended his hand, seeking to take the key to the tower of air right then and there. I could not suppress a shudder.

The Keeper of Air shook his head, “Not quite yet. I’ve got two years worth of belongings I need to clear out. I’ll deliver it to you in two days.”

Vanion spat, “Not a chance in the Nine Hells.” His hand remaining outstretched to take what he had sought for so long.

I glanced at Joku, “this is very, very bad news indeed.” He turned with a puzzled expression and asked why I believed that to be so, and I glanced at him, “Vanion with the influence of all four towers is unhealthy.” He poisons everything he touches, and clearly he has a goal in mind that he has come after THIS tower with such tenacity.
Alia Anor Graham
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

I had gone to Twilight Isle to watch the challenge between Vanion and Brigath. Something is very wrong with the way that dark elf continues to seek possession of the key to the only tower he has not contaminated. Sadly, the first match went Vanion’s way, and I said a few prayers to the White Lady in hopes she would see fit to deny Vanion a second win.

As the second match began, Joku arrived. I have not seen him in a very long time, and it was with a welcome smile that I invited him to join me for the second match. He smiled, bowing slightly as I told him it had been a very long time. “Hai, Very long time that I believed the rumors true of your demise.”

I chuckled softly, while some may wish such a thing, it has not yet been accomplished. “such rumors are exaggerated.”

His dark eyes flashed with a hint of a smirk, “obviously, much to my delight.” He took the offered seat with a slight nod of thanks before asking what we were watching.

“Two challenge matches, but it is that one I have a keen interest in.” While Bran and Etherean’s match was interesting, it was Vanion’s match that troubles me. Something is brewing in that dark elf’s mind, and it can only be trouble should he wrest the key from Brigath.

Joku’s eyes slid over the rings as he followed my gesture to Vanion’s ring. Amazement briefly flickered over his features, as though perhaps he’d thought Brigath died as well before turning back to ask for whom I was supporting in the challenge.

Very quietly, hoping that the dark elf would not hear me, I told him I did not wish to see Vanion attain his goal. That one seeks power that he should not have.”

He nodded sagely, “I hear you on that m’lady Graham.”

I winced as he reverted to a name that has no meaning any longer for me, but I gave him a quick smile before correcting him, “Sister Alia Anor.”

I could see him wince as I corrected him, “so I assume you are still a part of that temple?”

Something shaded his question, but I cannot certain if it is disappointment, or something else, “Oh yes, I am quite happy there.”

He nodded but did not pursue further, “it seams the vampire is indeed looking fortunate this match so far.” He glanced at Vanion’s ring.

I could not stop the frown from creasing my forehead, “unfortunately, yes. And he’s won the first one already.”

Joku nodded as I brought him up to the current situation, “And do you know how the other challenge is fairing by chance as well?” He paused to look at Bran and Etherean’s ring a moment.

I do not care the outcome of that match, but I was here when Etherean won the first match against Bran Bale, and I informed Joku of that outcome, but my eyes never left the ring Vanion was in. It was coming down to the wire, and Vanion was leading this match as well.

He glanced at me a long moment, as if remembering our trip across the city so long ago before speaking again. “Nice, Etherean is a great competitor, we have a friendly rivalry in the swords league.” And with that, he produced a “GO Esper” pennant that he waved enthusiastically. But in that moment, Brigath also lost the second match. The least favorable outcome had come to pass.

I winced as Vanion stood facing Brigath, crossing both arms over his chest, obliterating the red octopus upon his chest.

Brigath offered him congratulations, stating that clearly he had learned something since the last time they had met. But Vanion was not about to be magnanimous, and he told Brigath, “Yes. The rewards of faith and dedication.” He then extended his hand, seeking to take the key to the tower of air right then and there. I could not suppress a shudder.

The Keeper of Air shook his head, “Not quite yet. I’ve got two years worth of belongings I need to clear out. I’ll deliver it to you in two days.”

Vanion spat, “Not a chance in the Nine Hells.” His hand remaining outstretched to take what he had sought for so long.

I glanced at Joku, “this is very, very bad news indeed.” He turned with a puzzled expression and asked why I believed that to be so, and I glanced at him, “Vanion with the influence of all four towers is unhealthy.” He poisons everything he touches, and clearly he has a goal in mind that he has come after THIS tower with such tenacity.

Return to “The Temple of Divine Light”