First Favor: "Ghost Banishing"

A guardian protector of the local denizens, this domain serves as the RhyDin home of the platinum draconian, Baphelocutis.

Moderator: Baphelocutis

Baphelocutis
Adventurer
Adventurer
WarDrac of RhyDin

First Favor: "Ghost Banishing"

Post by Baphelocutis »

The Swords Arena catacombs are where one could often find the WarDrac, Baphelocutis the platinum draconian, on most nights when active dueling was taking place on weekend evenings. Along the south banner wall there is a low wide backless bench that is shoved up against the wall that is often used by Baphelocutis to get a good view of the action of the rings while he is able to relax out of most everyone’s way so he doesn’t block their view. Regardless of where one was sitting in the dueling venue it was hard not to see or hear the WarDrac when he was in attendance so tracking him down if interested in an audience was usually no hassle. The bench also afforded others to sit next to the platinum draconian to converse though the lack of a table often did not keep individuals long for company with him. But on this night, it was Fight Night in the Annex and so the WarDrac had to make due with an awkward lounger in a corner for a seat.

When Alais asked to speak with him privately back in the Arena proper, the familiarity of the bench along the south banner wall for a moment was welcome respite from the lounger. At the time, the Lady Nitesong’s eyes had marked her recent taint by the Bloodspeakers, which had been a concern for him to see in a sword-sibling of the Darelir Dojo. She had since been thankfully cured of that affliction it seemed last he noticed so it did not seem like a concern he needed to follow up on with Alais. She seemed very concerned about her daughter’s involvement with the Temple of Divine Light as well as some dark ones about RhyDin known as the Bloodspeakers, and the fact that Legendazona was meddling with events with tainted ones to their benefit. He of course at the time offered to help her personally with the tainted affliction, but she instead asked him for a more daring favor.

He did not know anything of this Temple of Divine Light nor did he know anything of the Bloodspeakers, but he did know of the now ghost like being named Legendazona. And with what she needed done it was within his specialties of ability to do pretty successfully if planned properly. If RhyDin was to be his home, and he was to help by being a guardian protector of the denizens of RhyDin against evils, chaos, and tainted beings then this would be an opportunity to be involved. So it was when he was asked a favor by his sword-sibling Alais of Nitesong from his days of being apart of the Darelir Dojo, then he saw fit that he should undertake the task and pursue the removal of Legendazona’s influence upon RhyDin. This was something that while he would have to gather some resources to complete the task that he definitely could accomplish this task mostly solo. Some shopping of materials and paying some visits to some higher level talismongers than he usually frequented were in order and surveying for an appropriate trap to set for the ghost would have to soon follow after gathering materials.
Baphelocutis
Adventurer
Adventurer
WarDrac of RhyDin

Preparations

Post by Baphelocutis »

One of the first realities of not being back on the world that was his recently former home is the fact that resources and items are not simply at a snap of his taloned fingers. Or at the very worst not having lackeys of subjects he could send to fetch whatever he needed without needing to worry about the details of procuring such trivial things. Another slightly disturbing factor to his immediate plans was finding places to do certain activities when he needed away from his lair when it involved other beings. Fortunately, during his scouting and surveying of locations to establish a lair he also had remembered some other locations that might work for other purposes from time to time so he had an idea of where he wanted to try and complete this task fortunately. However, the fact remained, that the WarDrac was going to have to go shopping in the public markets and streets in certain districts himself.

In the city of RhyDin, the marketplace district is where he did most of his procuring of materials he would need to complete this task. He did spend a moment looking through the window at Imp’s Little Shop of Horrors enjoying some of the displays. The WarDrac mused to himself that Imp was indeed a silly little creature with a twisted sense of humor. A majority of the items he procured in the new market area involved things like incenses, braziers, candles, and other basic ritualistic materials usually over priced at specific talismongers shops. He sure wish he could remember that place of trinkets that Ariela had in the city once upon a time, but none of the locals could seem to remember where it was now. Eventually, before heading across town to Mojo’s Apothecary for some more delicate concoctions he might need in this process, he would make his way over to the old market for some other special items.

The more popular and crowded modern new marketplace square of the city of RhyDin was a buzz once it was apparent the WarDrac was among the common peoples in the square. People would stop and gawk openly seeing the platinum draconian standing in front of and taking up the width of a retail stall haggling with a merchant about a package discount on a pile of items they were negotiating over. The spade tipped tail was unusually kept aloft from the ground arched up with the point pointing behind him from a height by his head, similar to how a cat would to avoid it being stepped on by those not paying attention to where they placed their feet when they walk. Often when the press of people would become bothersome to Baphelocutis he would simply bulge out his wings slightly, in a soft buffet to form a protective semi-circle arch behind him so he could also conduct his business with some semblance of privacy. Perhaps the must amusing of sites for those that new the WarDrac personally would have been seeing him with a large sack bulging over one shoulder that he was carrying, while another bundle tied together of items was under his other forelimb meandering through the marketplace like some common guy doing a day’s errands in this city.

As the platinum draconian was maneuvering his way to the old market of the old city many men offered their services as a porter, but a simple growl with a look from him that he might eat them if they kept bothering him was enough to shoo them away as well as clearing a non-obstructed path ahead of him. The old city old market though was a different scene entirely as most here were about specific business meant for specific tasks that most commoners did not involve themselves with. Once Baphelocutis reached a certain building that was a wholesale supplier to churches and other religious cults or organizations he did pay a porter to watch his goods while he conducted his business. Inside, a few more delicate items carefully wrapped and secured were procured that could be enchanted by the right kind of persons and procedures. The porter, a trustworthy licensed one for this district, was left to package up all the materials in one medium sized shipping container that Baphelocutis arranged to be delivered up from the docks to this location that arrived as he was exiting the building with his purchases. After a trip to the apothecary the WarDrac would return to the old city to retrieve the crate from the porter.

The porter was pleased with his tip from the WarDrac, a small semi-precious rough-cut sapphire, once the crate’s packing and tie down inspection was complete to satisfaction on the first look over of the work done. Baphelocutis added a couple more items of carefully wrapped liquid packages on top of the items tied down in the crate and then secured the crate closed. With a smile to the porter, he nodded dismissing the man from his service. It was close to the twilight time of when the sun has already set for the day though it was not wholly dark yet. The platinum draconian decided to stall a bit longer until it got darker. The stall was purposeful more for pride and ego then for any sound reason of logistics or tactics. Any of the dragon-kin had a complex about ferrying loads like they were a cargo transport, even if they were doing it for themselves. And Baphelocutis decided to wait till it was dark before flying out of town with rope between his talons and a crate trailing in the air behind him.

Thankfully, the moon had not yet rose or was perhaps very thin in its waxing or waning phase to allow only the stars and the lights of the city to illuminate the night sky at all. With a whoosh of air and a creak of a crate being jolted off the ground, the WarDrac was climbing fiercely into the night sky above the city of RhyDin when pride was consoled that it was dark enough to get going without being too exposed to the site of being a cargo transport. The platinum draconian used the river flowing from the east into the city of RhyDin to help him navigate to the location he was looking for in the dark forests way out to the east of the city.
Legendazona
Adventurer
Adventurer

Goals in Mind

Post by Legendazona »

The ghost had been fairly quiet, appearing only for brief moments in the dueling areas, but spending a great deal of time in RhyDin.

Rumors abounded, and a plethora of activity focused around the Temple. But it is not the Temple that concerns her. No, the sole focus of this ghost is to eliminate two half elven misfits, and either secure a proper mating for an eldarie, or see that one dead as well.

Driving off Sylus was not working. Vanion had proven useless, and Cheyenne even more useless, were that even possible.

One rumor troubled her, the presence of Drow in RhyDin. Why here? Why now?

The ghost floated in the starlit sky as she noticed a platinum draconian winging his way out of town. Wonders never cease..... they are usually loathe to do their own portering.

But, he didn't matter either.
Legendazona
Druid High Priestess
Murdered in Life
Alais d Nitesong
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Location: Matlal, Riverbend, I' Taurn or Nitesong, depending on time of year

Hard duties

Post by Alais d Nitesong »

Khirsah's abrupt departure is troubling as though he'd sensed something close by and needed to remove them post haste. Those uncanny sapphire eyes had darted to the window, and after he left, I stepped out onto the balcony. "Khirsah, prithee wha' didst ye sense oot 'ere?"

As I stood there seeking the night air for hints to what had alerted him so suddenly, I found it. There it was - faint, but unmistakeable. Legendazona was somewhere close by. This would be helpful. I stood on the balcony deliberately letting my presence be felt, knowing Legend would appear, she would not be able to resist. I let the darker side of my sorcery leach across the ether.

It was not long before she formed off the balcony. I studied the remains of my old friend as she floated before me. "Legend, prithee wha' doth bring ye back nae?"

Her visage smiled slowly, "The legacy of the Eldarie, Alais. The need to set things right before you err again."

I laughed at her, "Legend, ye cannae win this d'bate. Matters o' th' 'eart cannae be mandated."

She hissed a cold sound. "You are still a fool Alais, holding more to matters of the heart rather than matters of duty and honor."

"Ah dae invite ye tae coome fer th' bindin' ceremony if ye dinnae believe Ah'm serious." I used the Eldarie formality of a public ceremony that promises an Eldarie to her mate. A pledging ceremony used prior to the formal acknowledgement of a sanctioned mate. This would anger Legend greatly, and I know she will come to stop such a ceremony if she can. I hope Bapheloc's plan will work. Now, I must let him know the bait has been cast.

In a show of power to Legend, I cut off all traces of my necromancy. the things she'd been able to sense earlier were abruptly gone. Such cloaking is only accomplished by sorcerers of great power. I don't flaunt what I've become very often, this time however, I want her to know she's taking on a sorcreess who has progressed way beyond what she was those many years ago with Ulysses. This time, she was facing an Arch Mage, and not simply an Eldarie sorceress. Let her mull on those thoughts as we prepare to send her to another plane of existence.

Turning back into the Library, I sat and penned a missive to Bapheloc advising him of the events of tonight. Now, I await his time and place for the completion of this deed that tears at my heart. Legend was my friend. This thing is so very hard.
Lady Alais d' Arma Graham d' Nitesong Sidhe

Return to “Lair of the WarDrac”