Case 001, Session 02: Klinton Caer

Moderator: Dr. Remus Finn

Dr. Remus Finn
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Case 001, Session 02: Klinton Caer

Post by Dr. Remus Finn »

Klinton once again knocked and entered. He was feeling somewhat distressed, and rather anxious about how the doctor would react today after how Klint acted toward him the other night. He breathed a silent sigh of relief when he saw the doctor smile on the other side of the desk when he entered.

"Hello again Klinton. How are you today?" The doctor's friendly greeting was another relief to Klinton's mind.

"Doin well Dr. Finn. I was hoping we could continue where we left off last week?"

"Certainly, certainly. Remeber, I do tape record the conversations for my notes." The doctor rose from his desk and took a seat on one of the chairs opposite it, pressing the record button as he did so...Klinton resumed his seat on the other chair, and Remus turned to face him. "If I recall, we were discussing your father?"

"Yes" Klinton nodded. "That's correct."

"You had mentioned that he taught you to play the mandolin?"

Klinton smiled as this memory came back to him again, he nodded

"Do you still play?"

Klinton sighed quietly at this. "I haven't played since he died. It's been very hard for me. Most of my memories of him involved that music."

Dr. Finn nodded, his eyes fixed attentively on Klinton.

"I used to own the mandolin." Klinton continued, still speaking softly. "More of a pain in the ass than anything else. Everytime I got hurt or injured, it would lose it's tuning and eventually break." He added a slight chuckle as he remembered this. Dr. Finn laughed as well.

"What happened to the mandolin?"

Klinton's laughter ended abruptly and he continued. "It was stolen from my home, when the police came and ransacked my house, searching for me and any evidence."

Dr. Finn's face suddenly became concerned. "Evidence of what, Klinton?"

Klinton looked to him, his face just as concerned. "I was investigated for the murder of my father."

Remus looked somewhat stunned for a moment, then quickly came to his senses. "Klinton, I must warn you that I am a law abiding citizen. Anything you say to me that might incriminate yourself in any way, I must report. Do you understand that?

Klinton nodded, and the doc continued. "I understand if you want to end this session right now. However, if you would like to continue, please remember what my duties are to society with incriminating information."

Klinton smiled at the doc's attempt to cover his own ass, yet still make money. "I'm innocent doc. I don't know what there is incriminating against me."

Remus nodded, "Sorry if I am a bit stunned at this Klinton, I think in your last session you failed to mention that he had been murdered.

Klinton remained silent, drumming his fingers on the chair, waiting for the doctor to continue. Finn finally collected himself, and proceeded.

"It's very common for people to feel lost, or feel they are searching for something, when there has been a loss in the family, especially one as tragic as a murder."

Klinton listened, knowing that much already, he wondered when the doc was going to tell him something that might help.

"There is probably much more to it than that Klinton, I do not want to make an easy assumption of what is going on right now. But, you travelled often with your father, you have suffered through this, and perhaps you are attempting to live the way he lived."

Klinton sighed softly. "I would agree with you Dr. but I just feel like if I travel, something is missing, and if I'm not traveling, I feel that I should be, because that is what I know."

The doctor nodded. "Klinton, your travels will never be the same. Your father is not around. But, together, we can try to find some fulfillment here, and come to terms with the grief you are suffering."

Klinton nodded. "Guess what you said was right doc. This isn't going to happen overnight."

THe doctor offered another smile. "No Klint, it won't. But stick with me. Things will get better. I need you to trust in that."

The doctor smiled again, rising. "We will have to do this little by little. It will be much easier for you that way I think." He extended his hand to Klinton.

"Yeah, I agree." Klinton shook the hand and walked to the door. "Thanks again doc."

Return to “The Finn Files”