Emerald Estates: The Darkness Stirs

Realm of the Momus Estate

Moderator: Tasslehofl Momus

Tasslehofl Momus
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Tasslehofl Momus »

As he sat the desk, again, watching the setting of the sun over the water... a view that he had seen many times and still found himself enthralled by it... he heard the rustling of the Elder coming closer.

Khirsah had hovered close these past few days since his return, knowing through the bond that something was wrong. Bless the old one...

"I know of the letter, Brother. Pen a reply and let her know that we await her return, and that chambers will be readied, for all measures."

Still watching the waters, and the now reddened sky, he felt the Elder nod, and then the closing of the door.

Heaving a heavy sigh, he turned and prepared himself for the arrival of the books. There were few things of knowledge which he could not get his hands on... and they were being brought to the Isle.
Khirsah
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Khirsah »

Patience.. patience was something that he had learned a long time ago.

His sources had informed him that the Lady Nitesong and her sutor had taken leave for Harmony, and in his estimation, it would be a longer trip for them than they had expected.

Having tended to his duties earlier, he stood watching the play of his bretheren within the sky. It had been a long time since he felt the same light-heartedness that they were showing now. The last time had been when Tass.. no, that was a memory that did not need to be rekindled. It was best to leave those things in the past... for now. The times were darker and were in need of attention.

Turning his attention to across the span of water, he watched the sails that were making their way into the RhyDin Harbor. From there, his sight carried him through Dockside and over to the Dragon's Gate. He knew that the Fourth had made her appearence, and her power was stronger than the others. It would seem that with each raised, their strenghts were passed on.. Still, it was a bit of an arrogant move to openly threat the Pendragon Clan.

His sight still watching over the Dragon's Gate, he raised the petal that his younger had kept which both held the half-elf's mind, and the Fourth's power. There are darker powers than this, blood-witch... but not many. You will bare close watching.
Tasslehofl Momus
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Tasslehofl Momus »

The days had been long. The nights, it seemed, had been longer. In the rare bits of sleep that he could catch, the dreams continued to plague his thoughts. It was not that he needed sleep, anyways. There had been times in the past where he would go months on end without rest. But then again, those times had been when he was younger and more adaptive to change. These past few years had shown him what it was like to be old. It was not something that he cherished. Perhaps it was time to return to the flames…?

During those longs days and nights, he had prepared the South Wing for Alais’ arrival with the books. He knew that she would need the place she stayed warded, both as a precaution for her, and in turn, a precaution for his family. The books she brought with her was not something that he was about to take lightly in the presence of his family.

It had been long work, Khirsah taking the blunt of the work onto his self. Something’s going on there... But the thought slipped from him. The wards were finally in place, and he felt at least satisfied that, his beloved wife and daughter, as well as Alais, would be safe from the effects of the books.
Alais d Nitesong
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Location: Matlal, Riverbend, I' Taurn or Nitesong, depending on time of year

Old Friends and Change

Post by Alais d Nitesong »

And then there are Tass and Khirsah. The books would go into their care, and I must let them know I have returned. Taking another parchment sheet, the second missive of the night is penned.

"Amin naa tualle Tass,
I have returned from Harmony with the items we discussed. For the moment they are safely warded by Queen Teleperien, Sylus and myself. There are two things here I must see to before coming myself to the Emerald Isles. Would it be possible for you or Khirsah to transport these ahead of my arrival? I fear their presence here. There is much I have to tell you old friend. Much has changed.

Aa’ lasser en lle coia orn n’ omenta gurtha,
Alais"

Sealing the missive, I send it into the flames to seek out the hearth of an old and trusted friend.
Lady Alais d' Arma Graham d' Nitesong Sidhe
Khirsah
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Khirsah »

He had received the letter before his younger had a chance to look at it. After having read through it a few times, he turned and sought to find Tass.

It was not hard to find where his younger was. The sounds of laughter filled the halls, and he knew that Tass was with his daughter. Stepping through the arch-way that lead to one of the many inner gardens, he found them caught up in what appeared to be a fight. By all indications, it was a fight, with the exception of the roar of laughter that each emanated.

“I give! I give! You have bested me! Gah, little one, you have enough energy to run the entire Isle.”

Khirsah’s smile was warm, and his eyes danced as he watched his younger get untangled from his pupil. He had spent long hard hours pushing the girl, both in studies and in training. She will do well...

Clearing his throat, he caught Tass’ attention and pulled his younger away from his daughter for a moment. “The letter has come.”

Tass gave a sigh, and glanced over his shoulder a moment back to his daughter. “I knew it would. Before times get darker, I wish to spend more time with her.”

Khirsah nodded. “I have already made arrangement for myself to accompany the books back here to the Isle.”

Tass’ hand came and clasped Khirsah on the shoulder, nodding once, and then turned back to the garden, the smile that was radiant before now almost forced.

Turning from the garden, Khirsah made his way to his study. There was no time like the present, after all. Calling the flames to the hearth, he stepped in.
Alais d Nitesong
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Location: Matlal, Riverbend, I' Taurn or Nitesong, depending on time of year

Visitors out of the flames

Post by Alais d Nitesong »

The fire crackled strangely, and just as I reached for my staff, Khirsah formed in the flames before stepping out into the lab. I stood there facing Tass' older brother with my fingers wrapped around my staff. The dragonette atop the rowan wood staff called softly to Khirsah.

"M'lord Khirsah, yer arrival hath startled me, pray forgiff mine d'fensive reaction tae yer arrival."

I bade him be seated before we spoke. I do not know much about the Elder, but I could sense his power, and his evaluation of me. Tass would do the same, but Khirsah didn't know me before, so the changes should not be quite so noticable. At least I can hope Khirsah can't see before and after clearly.

"Khirsah, prithee dae p'rmit me tae bring th' books."

I rose and went deeper into the far recesses of the lab for the books.

As I laid them upon the low mahogany table between Khirsah and myself, the wards flared to life in proximity to Khirsah. I unwove the warding spells before sliding the books toward the dragon.

The first book, the one bound in human leather retained a faint glow as Khirsah's hand passed over it. His attention seemed totally focused on the book. As his hand passed over the second book, the combined rune flashed brilliant silver before returning to the dark charcoal metallic color. Khirsah paused at the third book. He looked up at me, the sigil remained unchanged, and the black binding seemed to pull all light into its depths. Khirsah's hand passed over the book, and brilliant red light flared between the book and Khirsah's hand.

He pulled his hand away and turned his unnerving gaze upon me fully.

I waited, my breath held.

((Cross posted in Streets/A quiet Return)
Lady Alais d' Arma Graham d' Nitesong Sidhe

Return to “Emerald Isle”