Without Darkness...

Tales from the Atreblan Valley

Moderator: Michelle Montoya

Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Without Darkness...

Post by Mallory »

Michelle Montoya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:39 amMichelle lifted up the now dim Ragnarok Infused Orb - a piece of lifeless stone. Although it no longer held additional power it still remained a potent focus, but it had never been something she was entirely comfortable using. The void inside unnerved her. Stepping up to the table she set the Orb down, suspecting that another Keeper or one of the staff would come to collect it.
A letter was sent out for Michelle Tuesday morning. “See if you can find her at Bak’d,” the witch said to the courier. “But if she hasn’t been there lately, take it to Atrebla, and I’ll pay extra for the trouble.”

Wherever the note found her, it contained an image of the orb somehow seared into the paper, and the following words:

Michelle,

I found this on the Isle, and have it in the Tower and encased in lead for safe keeping. Did you misplace it? Let me know, and I can send it back.

Regardless, I’d like to ask you to be my neophyte. I realize there is little material benefit in combat, given your skill, but I would like to offer my support to you as a teacher if you’d have me.

- Mallory
Michelle Montoya
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fāris Al-Ibra

Re: Without Darkness...

Post by Michelle Montoya »

It was late afternoon and most of the baking was finished for the day but the rush of customers was still in full swing. Michelle stepped into the bakery and quickly removed her cloak, switching into a brown apron with the logo "Bak'd" printed on the front. After helping the last of the customers - a green-skinned three-horned woman who wanted a large meat pie ordered - Michelle finally returned to the office to look at the letter.

Taking out a piece of Bak'd stationary she penned a reply. After finishing the letter it was folded and enclosed within a sealed envelope which was promptly delivered via secure courier to the Keeper's Tower.

To Mallory, Keeper of Earth and Baroness of Battlefield Park

The orb was left behind intentionally. I have no use for it, or rather do not know how to harness its latent power, so if you would like to keep it then it is yours to do with as you see fit.

I am humbled by your offer to take me on as your neophyte. Your skill in magic and sorcery is well known, both within and outside of the formal duelling rings. I accept your offer and look forward to learning under your tutelage.

Enclosed are some ways for you to reach me more directly. I do have a cell-phone that works while I'm in Rhy'din. I don't tend to give the number out, but it's written down here for you to use. If I am at Atrebla you will need to use the book. Instructions are included on the front page. I have also written out the series of sigils required for direct transportation to the circle at the Beacon of Truth. Guard these sigils well.

Skill and Honour,

MIchelle Montoya

Return to “Atrebla”