The Chronicles of Somnia, Book One

A place for the stories that take place within Rhy'Din
WillSomnia
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

The Chronicles of Somnia, Book One

Post by WillSomnia »

December 21

Maybe keeping a journal will help me with... I don't know.

Been a few weeks since I came back into town. My time out wandering the countryside helped to clear my mind, but now I feel like I'm "new" in town again. Ever since the voice left me, I do feel like a new man. My wanderlust has gone, and now I feel like I want to settle down and make a name for myself. I just... have absolutely no idea how. I don't know if my conscience is even there anymore, or if this is how it could have been had I never found that damnable Fire. It's quiet. I'm alone with my thoughts. I'm making my own decisions again. Socializing is difficult... I've seen people around that I know I knew and even had some serious dealings with, but they feel only somewhat familiar. Or I seem only somewhat familiar to them. Or...

Anyway. I just got a job, it isn't much but it gives me something to do. Loading and unloading cargo down on the docks. It's a job, it pays well enough, and I meet some pretty interesting types on the clock. I'm okay with the cold, in fact I think I actually like winter. I'm finding I have to remind myself that I can get frostbite again. It's just nice to be able to feel the cold. Staying here at the Dragon again, it's good enough until I need more space. Maybe I should have some things, this spartan lifestyle feels empty... I'm falling into a morning routine at the nearby coffee shop and bookstore. At this rate I'm gonna need to get a place just to hold books.

I'd like to get back into the dueling scene, but... it's hard for me to take it seriously. I had such a horrible record because I didn't want to beat the hell out of them. It's fun, a game...

What else...

Will tapped those dots with the pencil, and paused, tap-tap-tapping in thought.

...maybe that's it for now. Maybe this is the only entry here. Maybe this would be better as conversation with someone else? You know, get your ass out there and mingle? I've spent enough time on my own. Maybe.

Return to “The Streets of Rhy'Din (shared)”