A Bargain Struck

The lives of the infamous Wrecking Crew

Moderators: Ticallion Carter, Myria Graziano, Ria Graziano, Maria Graziano

Maria Graziano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

A Bargain Struck

Post by Maria Graziano »

The following letters were sent between Overlord Anubis Karos and Baroness Maria Graziano between the dates of December 4th and December 5th and were preserved by I, the Old Market District Keeper of Records.

I understand these copies of these documents to be completely accurate. They were acquired directly from the personal assistant of the Baroness who, after consulting the Baroness as to my request, supplied them readily.

The decision to declare herself loyal to the Overlord was hardly a popular one and was the cause of a great deal of surprise due to long standing animosity between the infamous slaver and the group known as the Wrecking Crew. I believe that these documents will demonstrate at least a small picture of the political landscape and an idea as to the reasoning behind the decision to pledge loyalty and his decision to accept her pledge.
Maria Graziano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Maria Graziano »

Overlord,

I don't have the time to fight with you so I'd like to cut a deal. Your current flock of loyal barons blow. They lack experience or skill or both. It doesn't leave you many options to test challengers with and you never fail to have quite a few challengers.

I am offering to be loyal and to test any challengers that may step up against you as long as they are not Crew should you wish to use me in that regard. While I will not test Crew, I will stand in against them should they champion a challenger.

This deal will stay in effect as long as it is mutually beneficial and either of us can end it at any time. I will not ask for you to stand in for me in any of my challenges and, in fact, I will declare myself renegade on the spot should you try.

All I ask in return is for safety from you, your wife, and the rest of your loyal barons and the rent to be paid on a brownstone in New Haven of my choosing.

The minute you agree to this, I will post my intent to be loyal immediately.

M.G.
Maria Graziano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Maria Graziano »

To the Baroness of Old Market,

I will preface my agreement by pointing out that insulting my present Loyals is not an ingenious bargaining tactic...a Commoner besting two Barons in one night in the challenge ring--where Barons are never constrained regardless of their opponent's rank--is a feat which even you must agree was impressive, and an example of what my judgement is in selecting allies.

I will display that same quality of judgement by accepting your offer without reservation, overlooking the coarse commentary about my present allies due to your youth. All of your conditions are agreed to, with the caveat that you understand that while I can guarantee safety from myself and my beloved, I can only promise that I will speak to my Loyals and let them understand that to commit offenses against the Wrecking Crew will incur my wrath and that I will move against them if they proceed to do so...as my Loyals are intelligent, they will understand that the opposition of your faction and of myself can only end in disaster for them, and I am confident that they will listen. In addition, I can perhaps go one better, and also offer protection for the Crew from the wrath of the one known as the Lady Tara, should the event rise that they ever incur it.

The brownstone is readily agreed to, of course. In addition, I understand through the rumors which proliferate throughout this cesspool that you are undergoing marital problems; I can aid you here as well if needed. Egyptian gold and the monies that it can translate into will go far in speaking to a competent attorney. If you could even be willing to sleep after the fact, the problem of the reputedly beautiful "other woman" could even be solved in a matter which would be pleasing to us both. Of course...if you do not wish my interference in these matters, I will understand and not offer it. I will say that I will ask this of you: There are certain individuals in the duels who oppose me and mine...individuals that I think we can both agree possess ambitions that are inappropriate for their level of skill. One presently challenges Vanion as I compose this reply, the other challenged the lich not too long ago, only to be put in his place with a shutout. I would request that you discuss with the Wrecking Crew the feasibility of withdrawing support for these fools if I am obliged to face them in the challenge ring. I will fully understand if you are unable to do such, but it would be appreciated.

I think we can come to an understanding, Baroness.

~Anubis Karos
Maria Graziano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Maria Graziano »

Overlord,

Please don't worry yourself over my divorce nor with who my husband chooses to associate. You have already agreed to all I need.

I will give you a piece of advice, though. As to the matter of the former squire's ambitions, they may be inappropriate for his rank but they are not inappropriate for his skill. I am keeping an eye on him.

My notification to the community will be posted on the corkboard within the hour.

M.G.

Return to “Wrecking Crew”