A Day in The Life. (Posted for Naiya Lenai)

The lives of the infamous Wrecking Crew

Moderators: Ria Graziano, Maria Graziano, Ticallion Carter, Myria Graziano

CaediaThrn
Adventurer
Adventurer

A Day in The Life. (Posted for Naiya Lenai)

Post by CaediaThrn »

Even if Naiya could have gotten Kheldar's wife to meet her anywhere else but Kitsune Stadium, she would have ended up here.

Normally, she would have gone into her normal fit of anger when that little tidbit of a thought popped up into her mind again, however right now she was walking on sunshine. Woah. Oh. Oh. And it really did feel good.

"Okay, what's up with you?" Caedia was pulling her hoody over the soft blue shirt she had slipped on after her shower. Naiya had worked her out as hard as the recovering woman could, c-sections were no laughing matter.

"Hmm?" The dark skinned woman looked up distractedly at her and then beamed her a bright grin. "Mmm. I just finally got to see this Ticallion guy."

Caedia snickered a bit and adjusted the hoody and her hair. "Told you he was hot. I totally would have kidnapped the boy had he not had a girlfriend at the time and then Kheldar.."

Naiya grinned slightly at that. "Then I suppose I should be thanking Kheldar that I don't have you as competition eh?"

The blonde flipped her wet hair a bit trying to air dry it and just shook her head with a grin. "Speaking of my husband, I'm going to get before he thinks that I managed to get you to bat for both teams and then ran off with you."

Naiya definitely laughed at that. "I have an interesting enough time being bi-colored, much less trying to juggle being bi-sexual."

"Yummy, "Peanut Butter" I believe you called yourself?" Caedia couldn't help but chuckle again at that.

"Half sista, half asian, all attitude baby."

"And in lust." Caedia tucked her hands into the pocket of her husband's hoody and headed for the door after teasing the woman again.

"Eh well, not like I'll ever see him again. He's more elusive than an honest thief." She was busy packing away her yoga tools then the blonde laughed and turned back.

"That's not true. I happen to know where he'll be tomorrow night." She grinned slyly as the yoga instructor tried her hardest not to snap her look up eagerly and control her excitement.

"Is that so?" Cocking her hip oh so lazily, she was the epitome of disinterest.

"Mm. Yes, my boss, G'nort, you know the red headed flirt machine? Yeah, he's being challenged by your hot little chocolate bar. I know you're not really 'interested' but you should come by for the free peanuts, you -do- eat, right?"

Naiya just smirked at her.

"Good, be there or be square." She tossed her still damp hair over her shoulder and headed out to let her digest that in private.
CaediaThrn
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by CaediaThrn »

----

The lithe yoga instructor had indeed been digesting that all the way home, so much so that she had forgotten her burning annoyance that she was dealing with on an almost daily basis now. The other "crew" that had constantly been barraging her with demands of their own. It was expected with how deep into Badsides she lived in but it was still frustrating for the girl.

The Sun had been vandalized the other day but apparently they'd been bored enough to come back and shatter some of the windows they'd forgotten the first time as well as a few other things they had left in tact which was now scattered across the alley.

"Yo, sweet cheeks. I see ya got a problem again." She couldn't help the anger that flickered across her face as she turned to face the speaker with her golden green eyes.

"The name is not sweet cheeks, and it's none of your business." She spat out, careful not to resort to her slang speech patterns. She'd spent several years working on it to speak "properly" partially to get away from people like the man in front of her.

He shoved himself off of the lean on the wall and sauntered lazily towards her until he'd backed her against the wall and rested his hand above her shoulder next to her head.

"I told ya I could take care of yer probl'm, love." He lifted his left hand to brush a finger on the underside of her chin taking pleasure in the stiffness of her face and the way she wouldn't look at him. "All ya hafta do is say yeah."

She gritted her teeth and worked on keeping her body, save for her clenched fist, as relaxed as possible.

"Del Ray." She ground the words out as calmly as she could. "I wouldn't say yes to you if you were the last man alive and my life depended on it."

He laughed a deep throaty laugh at that and then stepped back to backhand her hard, his laughter dropping into a bitter glare.

"Don't go forgettin' now tha' yer life might not be dependin' on it, but someone else's is."

Her head had snapped to the side with the hit but she had kept any noises to herself and just spit out the blood on his shoe. She watched in relish as he jerked back at that and freaked at the newest stain on what had been pristine shoes. He back handed her again and then jumped back with a growl.

She couldn't help but laugh through the pain. Del Ray had always been a "Princess" of sorts with his clothes and couldn't stand to have even dust on them.

"Ye'll pay for tha'." He growled out sharply and stormed off leaving her to slump against the brick wall a moment before pushing off to head inside her now broken down yoga center and house.

The lighter thoughts of her team mate Ticallion had fallen to the wayside with the appearance of her ex-boyfriend and the predictament he had her in. She was no push over usually, but the man had her in the guillotine and if she pushed him too hard...

She sighed and dropped down into the basement apartment to put some frozen vegetables on her already bruising cheek.

"Well, there goes my game, guess I won't be seducing hot boy in for a one night stand, several times." She was trying to make a light hearted joke to her reflection as she gingerly brushed her teeth to get off some of the blood. It almost worked, she had a ghost of a smile before she finally just lost it and punched the brick wall on the side of her sink and then just rested her forehead against the sink counter.

The yoga instructor was very private with her own life for a reason. Her outward appearance was bright and chipper with smiles abound and light laughter, but the woman was far from sunny.

She looked across the bedraggled brick room that held a kitchen, her bed, and her "living room" all in one room devoid of seperating walls. At least her bathroom was at least concealed from direct view by two walls but still didn't have a door to fully enclose it.

The pride of the broken down room was the one picture frame that held within it a dollar bill and the words "I'm So Very proud of you, my little AJ." written in her fathers scrawl. Her fingers lovingly reached out to trace the marker strokes. The dollar was the first one she'd earned when she finally opened The Sun.

She'd fought from a life on the streets in a tough gang, going from being a violent thief to an honest and passive woman making her way in the world. She'd sought to curb her violence by learning the discipline of yoga and then moved up to create her own place to help others like herself as well as those that just wanted to learn.

She couldn't let them win, she just couldn't. She'd fought through harder situations before, she'd get through this one.

Weary both emotionally and physically, she just dropped the frozen bag onto the floor and collapsed into her bed without even bothering to get undressed.
CaediaThrn
Adventurer
Adventurer

Second Part posted for Naiya.

Post by CaediaThrn »

There were no windows to let in the light, nor was there any clocks in the room to let her know what time it was. She never needed it really as her body was always on it's own set schedule.

Of course, today she was also vaguely aware that the pounding in her head wasn't just from the throbbing in her jaw but also from the water dripping.

She woke up disoriented trying to figure out where she was, what the water sound was from, and why in hades her jaw felt like it had been shattered in quite a few places. She reached up to rub it gingerly as her pupils adjusted to the slowly swinging light she'd left on last night.

Del Ray was right, she was getting soft. The previous nights actions came back to her in a rush as she propped her elbows up on her knees and stared at the water dripping into the steel bucket across from her bed that was nothing but a mattress on the floor.

"It's raining." She resignedly told her hands as she buried her forehead in them. "Why does it always have to rain when I have no one to snuggle with?" She sighed and pushed up to start the day grateful at least that the place the rain had sought to sneak in was away from her fake closet which was no more than a bar with her clothes hanging on it out in the open.

She was already grumbling and in a bad mood from not only the pain but the rain. It wasn't as if she were going anywhere today, she had specifically cancelled all appointments so she could work on getting The Sun cleaned up a bit.

The first part of breakfast was some pain medication and then she headed over into her kitchen area. She pulled out the huge pitcher of thick green liquid labeled wheat grass and poured it into her thermos. She was still dressed so after chucking the pitcher that held her 'breakfast' back into the fridge she headed up the ladder to the trap door that would lead her into a dank dark hallway. The hallway ran along the outside of the building and then up a set of twenty six stairs before stopping at a door that would lead her into the actual building she'd built her work in.

The Sun consisted of five total rooms. The first that the public came into was the Consultation room where she met with new and old clientale alike to discuss options for starting or furthering their plan.

The second room was a decent sized weight room with an indoor pool that led into the combination locker and shower room, also the only shower she could use as there wasn't one in her place downstairs. That room adjoined the weight room to the actual yoga room, or sauna room as her clients often referred to it.

The last room thus far was empty and had no plans attatched to it at this point in time. Naiya lazily walked through each other rooms both surveying the damage and allowing her thoughts to run rampant.
CaediaThrn
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by CaediaThrn »

It was a couple of hours later that a somewhat sweaty and confused Naiya was opening the door to reveal a soaking wet younger teen woman.

"Tab, I cancelled classes today." She frowned slightly pulling the goth girl inside.

The girl was peering around the broken down building in awe. "I know, I was just angry and needed some release until I saw this place."

Naiya waved her hand dismissively trying to quickly change the subject as she garnered a towel from the pile she'd been using to try and slough off some of the water.

"It's no big deal. Happens every now and then, it's a consequence for being open in Badside, you know that. I'm not shutting down and it won't affect business much." Tabitha did know that, she was one of the very people Naiya had been targeting with her business, to help youngsters like she once was to deal with their anger and violent tendencies.

Tabitha gently shrugged off the motherly attention and hefted her bag closer to her neck to balance it properly.

"Let's go, I'll start the heat." Naiya replied to smoothly transition from the slightly awkward moment, she didn't want the girl studying the damage too much. "Evgeni again?"

Tabitha nodded at that as the anger flickered to her face again. Evgeni was a great boyfriend for the most part but a little dense and didn't realize when he made remarks about her weight just how cutting it was. The young goth girl had come to yoga to lose the weight as well as control her anger.

"He commented on how great a woman's figure was for how many kids she had." While Evgeni's remarks weren't the best, Tabitha's sensitivity was way too heightened from her days terrorizing the streets with her ex-gang members. When she'd found the straight laced Russian boy she was determined to be worthy for him attitude wise but still lacked enough self confidence to realize the boy didn't really care about her slightly plump body shape.

"Drink your bottle of water?" The quick intercepting question had done it's purpose in catching the girl offguard enough to get a proper honest answer.

"Not yet." She offered before realizing she'd been trapped. "Nai.. come on, it's not that big of a deal."

Naiya quickly closed the panel covering the thermostat and turned to her with her arms covering her chest. "You know the rule, no water, no hot yoga. I refuse to take responsibility because you won't drink. Yes, you lose up to three pounds, but it only hinders your bodies ability to function correctly, you have no endurance and you can't properly cool yourself down."

"An' here I thought you were always jus' bein' a pain in the ass." Ria's voice flooded over the two causing Naiya's golden green eyes to soften a bit from her concerned look.

"What do you want, Graz?" Naiya grinned over.
CaediaThrn
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by CaediaThrn »

Ria tossed her a grin with a mixture of amusement and not quite well hidden surprise at just how much damage the Sun had taken. When Naiya had told her and Maria about the vandalization she had severely played it down.

To her credit though, she didn't skip a beat.

"To see if ya wanted to duel this week.. but by the looks of this place.. " She trailed off leaving the open ended statement blantantly out there, she'd keep her surprise as well as she could but she was going to let the woman know she wasn't pleased about being decieved.

Naiya sighed a bit and nodded. "I'd appreciate the week off, please." Ria snapped her look back to her and nodded.

Seemed innocent, you know, the whole boss coming to inquire about scheduling and whatnot but Naiya knew that she and Maria had been concerned over the latest (well, latest to them since they'd just gotten to know her more and more) incidents with The Sun and was doing a little scouting of her own.

It was also a concern to them because Naiya's behavior as of late had gone from the constant chipper and smiling state to the often times quiet and moody when people questioned about helping.

She'd finally waved both girls off gently curbing their several attempts to help her. This was a wound that only she could heal and the only person that she'd allow to help her was beyond her reach.

It was a few hours of labor and a shower later that the well dressed woman sought to hit the streets to find the challenge that would allow her one more glimpse of her team mate, and perhaps keep her mind off of Del Ray and her precious work place.
Anaiya Lenai
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

(Posted with permission from characters used.)

Post by Anaiya Lenai »

She showed up early to the bar deep in Badside to get started on some drinking. It was going to be a long night. She was dressed to the nines again in a form fitting tight shirt accented with tight waisted jeans that flared out over her high heels, but while her appearance was amazing, her mood was not.

She'd settled into a stool at the bar and was on her second drink when she finally managed to smile thinking of her company last night.

While Tical had lost the challenge to G'nort, he'd not lost his appetite, luckily for her. After they'd ordered food and drinks, he'd slouched down comfortably in the chair across from her with his shoulders resting against the chair back and his feet had propped up into the chair to her right.

"I can't take up too much of your time," she'd said casually sipping from the water glass, "you need sleep for your shoulder." It was her slick womanly way of trying to find out how much she could get away with. The unasked questions laced in that phrase of how much time he really had and if he was connected with someone.

He was obviously distracted a moment because he looked up at her and then nodded. "Yeah, and Laurel's probably wondering where I am." The answer had just been dropped out unrealizing of her womanly tactics.

His light brown eyes had paused on her golden greens a moment but that still couldn't give her any insight. She'd simply looked away and nodded at that, immediately moving down from hopeful mood. She wasn't one to interfere with another woman's man, especially right now.

She immediately shifted the topic to the Crew and how much fun Yoga time was with them. Maria and Ria were always following her seriously but she'd look back to find Bode and Chris cutting up constantly and pretending to be ballerina's. Tony was constantly playing hooky and showed up only a few times and most of those times she hadn't realized he'd been there cause she was in full swing, he had also claimed he was allergic to water and therefor couldn't possibly participate unless she wanted to be mean and have him die. And Kheldar used the excuse of having babies to take care of which Naiya couldn't decide if it was honest or just his way of getting out of it.

Tical had chuckled at the description and added that Chris and Bode probably would have some sort of allergic reaction to something or a way of getting out of it if their wives wouldn't kill them for it. Whether or not he noticed that she'd shifted from leaning towards him to sitting back and being more professional was unclear.

She got him to talk a bit about his traveling and a bit about the construction troubles on his place no matter how vague he was being.

"You going to eat that?" He asked with a cute grin and pointed to the last piece of pizza.

Naiya actually gave a geniune laugh at that, finally relaxing some. "You sound just like Chris, only he's usually are asking about something on my plate."

"So all you talk about is the Crew." He commented in a questioning tone as he shifted to claim that last piece.

"There's nothing else to talk about right now." She probably sounded too defensive with that, but he didn't look phased.

"So the fact that your place got jacked up isn't as interesting as the Crew?" He was speaking lightly but was letting her no he wasn't ignorant of things. It obviously caught her offguard and she must have been giving him a funny look cause he sat up and leaned against the table.

"You are a rookie that just suddenly got tossed on a team and have had a spectacular record. You think I'm not going to try and figure out what you're all about?" His piercing gaze was evenly met by hers but she didn't answer for a moment.

"It's nothing, just a few broken pieces of glass here and there. Nothing I can't handle." She received that dashingly cute grin again from him.

"I didn't say you couldn't handle it." He must have known something was up with that cryptic answer but was willing to skip past it for now. "I have wondered about the irony of a yoga instructor downing a bunch of alcohol though.. seems rather counter productive if you ask me. Doesn't seem to fit."

"It's my first of the night!" She smirked trying to play that down as well.

"For this place." He eyed her once more noting the change in demeanor. "You had two in the Arena." She was surprised by that as she hadn't realize how observant he had really been.

--

She thought about that some more as she sipped at her drink here. She'd been defensive and surprised at how much the man had filed away but was also secretely pleased that he'd paid that much attention to her. She'd just casually forget him mentioning that Laurel chick twice for now. She just needed something to day dream about that was happy.

There was no way with the possibility of who Laurel was exactly (Tic really hadn't expanded on that whole situation to her, she was going on assumption) and her whole situation of Del Ray for her to be trying to start anything anyway. She had a lovely dinner with a team member, just as he had explained to Cicero when he claimed her to be his second. "It'll work since you're Crew."

They'd kept it very formal and polite but clear cut. Even saying good bye had been very platonic and without touch.

She heaved a sigh as she was brought back from the comforting thoughts with the fluxuation of the air behind her.

"All the blaring loud bad music in the world couldn't disguise the groans of disgust as you walked by." She smirked to the warm body that just had arrived to a stop behind her.

"Charmin' as usual, I see." Del Ray snorted at her unaffected.

"Pitiful as usual, I'll note." She shot back, still not looking at him.

He managed the decency to look a bit miffed then at that line and sunk down uninvited into the stool next to her.

"Ya lookin' nice tonight I see." He was trying to be amicable, for what reason was easy enough considering the day it was. Valentines, the day of supposed love. Cupid could kiss Naiya's rear before she wiped for all she cared.

She sighed heavily and turned towards him finally. "And you still look like the same pathetic man who's mommy dressed him." She wasn't holding her caustic nature back, she wasn't in the mood for it and it showed in her cocked demeanor.

"You know," he said flagging down a tender and ordering a beer, "there used to be a time when you liked this "mama's boy" and the way I dressed."

She slammed down a bit of her drink and wiped her mouth off. "Everyone has their faults, you happened to be mine." She pushed off her stool to saunter up towards him, softening the words with the sultry look as she pressed herself up against his body. She felt the deep breath he took and how still he was being, she hadn't been like this to him in almost a full year.

She knew it could potentially cost her if he wasn't stunned enough to be frozen but at this point she'd thrown caution to the wind. She knew she looked good today in her tight outfit and smokey make up, she had swept her hair up into a soft ponytail with whisps of hair hanging out.

She'd gotten her good looks from her father and her mother's soft Asian hair. She was a recipie for beauty. It showed too as the man before her had gone into shallow breathing and was frozen. She knew she had him right where she wanted him and she was definitely in revenge mode.

"You're just the pretty package aren't you?" She said running her finger down his chest. "Smooth baby face, perfect chocolate skin, rippling muscles and pristine clothes." She leaned in closer with her lips oh so close to his.

"Oh, I wanted you, until I discovered that underneath all that, a blackened pea sized heart and no brains was all you had to offer." She had slipped back while dropping the last of the description and turned to saunter off. She was quite tired of the whole situation and the almost complete year of dealing with it had wore her down.

He shuddered slightly and stood to stride quickly over and shove his way against her back nearly knocking her off of her high heels. He grabbed ahold of the beltloop of her jeans and jammed his mouth against her ear.

"Ya can laugh all ya want wit' tha' dagger tongue a yers, but when it's all ovah, I'll be the one laughin' last." He growled as he roughly grabbed her upper arm.

He didn't bother letting her reply and instead shoved her towards the door using his grasp on her as a pivotal point. After guiding her out to the curb where the car was waiting he quite literally sent her sprawling towards the side of it. She managed to catch her balance on the door handle and struggled to look for the world like she was in control.

He took a plastic bag out of his jacket pocket and tossed it at her in such a way that she had to struggle to catch it.

"I though' tha' joke of job ya call yo-yo was supposta make ya more graceful. Guess tha' failed."

She glared at him as another man slipped out of the backseat and stood beside her. She turned her golden green eyes to him and nodded after he nodded curtly to her.

"Go to hell, Del Ray." She snapped out as she opened the bag with her hands shaking just the slightest.

"Ya know Naiya, ya so lame. Shuddup and do it." He was surprised that her reply was to just laugh heartily.

She had a good reason for laughing. "Do it" he said, what he was referring to was the wet cloth that was in the bag.

"I'm.. lame. I. Am the one that's lame? Who's the one that keeps trying to get his ex-girlfriend whom he knows he doesn't have a chance with? Who's the one that's so very scared of a little girl that he has to drug her for fear that she'll find out where her father's being kept and foil his plan?"

She'd stepped over the line and angered him and before he could finish stomping forward most likely to manhandle her, she'd whipped out the cloth and pressed it to her face. It was the same routine they'd been going through for the almost year, any time she wanted to see her father she had to use the chloroform so she couldn't figure out where he took her. She knew for certain he wouldn't hurt her enough for any permanent damage, the whole point of the situation was that she refused to marry him. He didn't want to hurt her, he just wanted her to be his.

Kali caught her as she fainted from the strong fumes and tucked her tight against his chest. He turned her before Del Ray could take his anger out and stuffed her in the car.

"Let's just go, D.R. Don't let her get to you." He stood solid between the two until the other finally got into front of the car. A few minutes later the car was pulling out with the passed out Naiya in the back.

Return to “Wrecking Crew”