IG War Event Suggestion for DoF/All Sports

A place for the players and staff to communicate, share ideas, report bugs, make suggestions, and build our community.

Moderator: Staff

Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

IG War Event Suggestion for DoF/All Sports

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Hey!

I have an idea I wanted to bring up to the dueling staff at large. Obviously stuff happened at DQ 100 with the Opals and the Outback got busted (again! And thankfully it wasn’t Ria’s fault this time!).

I was thinking that Jaycy, as a Diamond Rule, could initiate an IG War event (with IC agreement from staff) to help raise funds for the Outback’s repairs. Duelers would pay an IC entry fee/donation, and sponsorships from media coverage of the fights would bring money and a large donation could be made in the winning side’s name. Jaycy IC would cover those who couldn’t afford the donation entry fee. (My only question would be, do I have to give actual nobles? :P )

OOC, it’s been years since IG War happened, so why not?

And DoS and DoM staff, I’d suggest inviting your sports as well! It could be a “dueling solidarity, let’s help the Outback” type community SL.

It could run through Feb, 4 weeks, so that it leads into Madness without shortchanging it. And we could highlight DoM somehow since you’re also celebrating 25 years.

I’m happy to volunteer to keep stats.
PC
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Re: IG War Event Suggestion for DoF/All Sports

Post by PC »

Speaking for DoS if you'd like to include it into the IG war, feel free. It'd give participants of Dueling Houses more reason to come out for this cycle. If you'd like some more official prizes from DoS for an overall winner, feel free to contact me on Discord or in PMs here.
Max Lager
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Max Lager »

Seconding the previous sentiment if you'd like to include DoM duels in the IG war, feel free. if you interested in adding some sort of official sport prize from DoM, please contact me on Discord or in PMs here.

Good luck and have fun!
Elessaria
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
The Lady Fire of Evandar

Location: ~Heart Notes~ Parfumerie in the New Haven District, Her island bungalow at Arcassa

Post by Elessaria »

Ooopsie... I got so caught up in my enthusiasm that I didn't realize this was addressed to Staff until I read Collie's reply.

Sorry!
:fistmelda:
Last edited by Elessaria on Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And then one day,
One magic day he passed my way.
And while we spoke of many things,
Fools and kings,
This he said to me,
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return"
-Ahbez Eden
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Not staff, but I'd like to see the IG War brought back!
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

When I first brought the idea up to staff, I knew that culture had changed, but I was confident I could find a way to be inclusive while still bringing the event back for a limited time. After discussion with several people, including staff members, I’ve come to the conclusion that I can’t run an event that’s inclusive enough but still works for people in other ways (including myself and separately my character). I will not be running an IG event; there are others who have great ideas in relation to the IC goal of celebrating DoF history and raising money for the Outback as part of the current SL, and I will instead lend my support to those ideas.

Return to “Community Townhall”