Moving from Discord to BlaB - is it desirable?

A place for the players and staff to communicate, share ideas, report bugs, make suggestions, and build our community.

Moderator: Staff

Josette Wheeler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Josette Wheeler »

Amaltea wrote:I tried to keep the community together, but apparently this has been impossible since day one. It hurts me to say this, but it appears that the community prefers that the duels to remain on Discord, as well as the other issues of dissatisfaction presented. We will begin the transition of ROH to Kalamere's ownership as soon as a server is available to host it.

There will no longer be a connection between the two sites, and events on RoD will not be advertised on the RDI site.

I wish you all luck.
I find this very sad for a number of reasons. First, with respect, I can't imagine how much work and effort this has taken over the years to keep the community together and thriving. Thank you for all you have done from the heart.

That being said, I have witnessed a lot of concerns going unanswered or flat out ignored. I'm not talking about petulant demands, but really thought provoking concerns like in Eden's very well articulated post that were pretty much not addressed at all. I really do want to understand the reasoning behind this. I think most in this community want to be part of something where they feel like their voice is respected.

I do not duel at all and I'm not very fond of Discord for a number of reasons, but what I do like here is what I've witnessed in terms of clear communication on Kalamere's end and treating people's concerns with respect. No, you cannot please everyone, but at the very least you might acknowledge the concerns that are being brought up over and over again by a pretty large number of the community.

There is only so long you can point fingers and at others for not cross promoting enough or bringing people back "home", but perhaps you should also be asking yourself the question of what might be driving people away to seek out a more collaborative community where they feel like they have a voice and that their voices are heard. Trying to force people to do it your way or they will be cut loose, is not the way to go. Presenting a site that is a draw for people for positive reasons might be the better option.

On the other side of the coin, I do not believe the suggestion that Discord is the future of RP. Period. is particularly productive either. People should feel free to play where they feel comfortable and if they want to use both, I don't see a problem with that at all. Not everything has to be about choosing a side.

I love this community. There are so many talented people here who have put so much time and energy into both sites that it would be a shame if this split remained permanent.
“Perfection is static, and I am in full progress.”
—Anaïs Nin
Andu Kirost
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Andu Kirost »

First things first.
Yes, I've never really dueled all that much, and even less lately. The "less Lately" is because I literally find Discord a pain in the head to use. The white on black gives me a creeping headache trying to read it. The gray on white gives me a quick blazzing one just lookng at so white a page.
So will I be visiting RoH on Discord? Rarely for special occasions.

I wrote a whole long post, but finally decided that it needed a thread of its own because of the various topics included.

The shredded version....

I HATE the thought of the two sides totally breaking away. I don't see where keeping both BlaB and Discord working won't work, outside of the emotional issues. Each has special benefits for one a task (RP, Dueling).

Look here, http://www.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewt ... 3135#23135 for the full text of what I all I wanted to say, if you care.
Thank you for reading.
ANdu Kirost
aka... Ronald L Larson Jr. in real life.
Andu Kirost. RTS founder and manager.
Andu Kirost
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Andu Kirost »

Greetings,

Apparently, dispit trying to seperate major topics, I wasn't as clear as I needed to be on somethings.

So to clarify.... Do I think Discord should be kept for the RoH instead of replacing it with BlaB? Yes. It is the best option, technically, for Dueling. Will I be using it? No. For the reasons stated in my last post here. But those are MY problems and reasons, not reasons for the Dueling community to suffer with less than the best available for its needs.

Any further comments, ideas, etc. I may have on the Schsim between RDI/RoH will be found on Dragon's Mark (DM). Because, while the Discord/BlaB topic may be related, the Schism, in one form or degree or another has been around for a long while, and willing likely continue to be an issue regardless of what is decided about the chats themselves.

Andu
Andu Kirost. RTS founder and manager.
Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33359

"Good morning.

There has been a lot of anger, a lot of strong emotions over the recent announcement about the separation of ownership of the RoH and the RDI sites. Regardless of any other behind-the-scenes issues, it's paramount that the Rhydin community stays together. And while there are changes as a result of this OOC shakeup, the world of Rhydin still remains.

As a result, effective immediately, RoH events can continue to be advertised on the RDI site, as playables and so on. This decision comes from all of us on the administration team.

Dueller, non-dueller, player or Admin - we all still have one thing in common. We're roleplayers. A lot has happened, but I would ask from here out for everyone to try to act to rebuild that common bridge. It's not an impossible future, and I hope this is the first step towards it.

--Brian"
Reiko Souma
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Reiko Souma »

Good on BW for posting that!
"Is it worth losing the ones you hold dear, to do that which will simply push them away? So, go on now...walk away before regret begins its pursuit."

Don't see me online? Find me on Discord or on Facebook.

Return to “Community Townhall”