Flexibility

A place for the players and staff to communicate, share ideas, report bugs, make suggestions, and build our community.

Moderator: Staff

WillSomnia
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Flexibility

Post by WillSomnia »

So here's a separate thread to discuss Sabine's ideas on duels. I like them, and they seem to offer a little flexibility to things.

-Low ranked duelists are rewarded for dueling a high ranked duelist and beating them during any regulation duel.

An item of some sort? Loss forgiveness? Or maybe an extra partial point per rank? For example, .5 points per rank above you. 3 ranks above gets you an extra 1.5 wins, bringing 1 win to 2.5 wins... or maybe drop it to .25 points, to keep alts from shooting to the top? If a legitimate new dueler were to luck out and gain rank quickly, it could present them the challenge of being way out of their league...

-Factions: Two factions can have mini challenges for rewards. (Ex: Baroness Lirssa and her crew battle Baroness Aya and her crew)

Why not?

-Titles: Mini battles to swap player made titles, gear, items. (Ex: I challenge Eden for her roller skates. Hope challenges Sabine for her pimp cup. Sabine challenges Jewell for the title of Empress.)

Again, why not? You can challenge for Opals, something like this could remove the rank requirements. Not for the Opals of course, but other things.
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Re: Flexibility

Post by Andrea Anderson »

WillSomnia wrote:So here's a separate thread to discuss Sabine's ideas on duels. I like them, and they seem to offer a little flexibility to things.

-Low ranked duelists are rewarded for dueling a high ranked duelist and beating them during any regulation duel.
Actually there's achievements for this. In DoF for example: if a glass were to beat the Diamond, they would be able to request the Rookie of the Year achievement. This cannot be gotten by any other rank except for Glass for beating a Diamond. There's also an achievement for beating a duelist of each rank as well. These are not alone to DoF, since there's DoS and DoM equivalent achievements also.
WillSomnia wrote:-Factions: Two factions can have mini challenges for rewards. (Ex: Baroness Lirssa and her crew battle Baroness Aya and her crew)

Why not?
This can be done as it's a player created event and no real titles are on the line. This would just require the effort of the Barons to set up the event, think of rewards, etc. The coordinators don't need to be involved as long as the rewards thought up don't require anything changing game mechanics.
WillSomnia wrote:-Titles: Mini battles to swap player made titles, gear, items. (Ex: I challenge Eden for her roller skates. Hope challenges Sabine for her pimp cup. Sabine challenges Jewell for the title of Empress.)

Again, why not? You can challenge for Opals, something like this could remove the rank requirements. Not for the Opals of course, but other things.
This can be done as well at any time. Anyone can create a title, or special thing, and have it put up to challenge. There's really nothing stopping anyone from doing something like this. I should probably get back to work on finalizing the tag-team titles for DoF.
WillSomnia
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by WillSomnia »

Well then I guess I'd call it a day.
Sabine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Sabine »

To be fair, I think some of these were other people's ideas, they were just put into one of the other threads in a collective place.

(Just don't want anyone thinking I am an idea stealer :) )
“We spoke eternal things that cannot die.” -Charles Baudelaire, from The Balcony; Fleurs du Mal (tr. by Roy Campbell), 1857

Return to “Community Townhall”