Crimson and Snow

"You are the only thing that makes any sense to me! When the days are dark, and my heart's so numb, you're the lighthouse at the edge of the sea. You are the only thing that makes any sense to me" - Only Thing by Saint Nomad

Moderators: Shadowsoul, Lady Shadowsoul

Sylista Ravenwood
Adventurer
Adventurer

Crimson and Snow

Post by Sylista Ravenwood »

After the family event, Sylista moved through the streets toward her favourite tailor shop, the one she found in that first week in Rhy’din, with Betty chattering at her about business matters. The two had left Mari with Mathian in Cadentia, the man sporting a smirk as the two women stepped through the portal Sylista had made, a look she did not miss and returned with one of her own.

They were going to be married in a month, two days before the winter solstice, and today was the day to see what else needed to be done to the dress before it was perfect. It gave the girls who ran the shop time to make all the alterations required for the picky client, and it gave Sylista a chance to feel that nervous excitement that was building as the day grew closer.

While the two walked from Betty’s house before she stopped, touching the shorter woman’s arm gently behind the elbow. “Syl, Mathian was right you know?”

“Whatever are you talking about, Betty?” Sylista stopped her steps, giving the older woman an exasperated look. “Did you tell him that? His ego is already large enough, he does not need more validation.”

The older woman chuckled, taking a half-step forward before cupping the woman’s cheeks in her hands. “Mathian told me about your conversation last night about what happened, which was damned foolish. You know that, right?”

“Yes.”

“You may not be chasing danger anymore, my girl, but that did not change how you draw it like a fly to honey.” Betty dropped her hands from Sylista’s face and started picking at the skin on her work-worn hands. “I don’t want to see someone I consider family get hurt, Syl. Sneaking out and leaving Edward at home like that was childish and irresponsible in regards to Mari. You need to stop.”

The Runelord just stared incredulously at Betty, an eyebrow arched in her direction. “You are bold this evening,” she said before turning away from her staff member and started walking again, the black stiletto heels clicking on the pavement. “Even if you are right.”

Betty chuckled at started walking beside the Runelord once again, shaking her head as she moved to catch up. “What was she like?”

“Renna?” She replied, cooly. “Did not live up to expectations and yet incredibly fascinating all the same. Almost as though she exceeded expectations I did not know I had.”

“It sounds like you admire her, dear.”

Sylista made a “hm” noise in the back of her throat as she opened the door to their destination, stepping through it. As she turned back once she was in the room, there was a look of contemplation on her face. “Perhaps I do, Betty, in a bizarre way. I have never met someone so unpredictable.”

Whatever Betty was going to reply was cut short as Sylista was swept up by the women who made the majority of her clothing, leaving Betty to find a seat. The rest of the evening would be spent commenting and critiquing the cut and accessories required to make this the perfect dress for the day that was so soon and, when they left the shop to return to Betty’s home, the conversation between the older and younger woman was focused solely on business, no more mention of Sylista’s bad habits, Renna, or Mathian was even hinted at.

The Runelord, though, stepped through the portal in Betty’s garden (for Mathian to travel back and forth easily to the house) and grinned at the guard who was waiting for her return, opening a portal for the two of them to return to the Streets of Rhy’din to find something they could play with like little cats before consuming their mice.

She brought Edward, just like she promised Mathian, and she grinned when she saw how happy he was to have the opportunity to participate in her games tonight instead of watching from the darkness.

He did exactly what she wanted the night before. He earned his place at her side.
Sylista Ravenwood
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Crimson and Snow

Post by Sylista Ravenwood »

The two descended on their victim, a man who was threatening another over some sort of deal gone wrong. Sylista communicated with Edward using her bond she shared with him through her feeding on his blood.. ”This is over narcotics. Can you smell it on the one cowering?”

Edward, who had shifted into his wolf form to pad silently along as they stalked, made a quiet sniff as an affirmative response.

As soon as the werewolf responded, the vampiress shot forward in a charge to rush the man, catching him off guard, and slammed him up against the wall behind him, a wicked smile forming on her rosy lips. She knew how it would look, the petite woman’s skin would be glowing in the darkness, her black hair and clothing causing her to look even more intimidating. “What do we have here, hm? It is a little late in the night to be attracting this much attention. In Rhy’din no less!”

The man was recovering from being winded and could not speak, though it was apparent from his stammering that he wanted to. Sylista’s finger pressed against his lips, quieting him and he simply stood stiffly against the wall with eyes wide.

“Now, my pet, I want you to be well aware of how disappointed I am that you were not more fun to pursue,” she said using her voice endowments to get inside his head. She lifted her hand to his neck and ran a sharp fingernail against the flesh. His eyes widened further with panic and Sylista’s smile grew in time. “What is a fitting punishment?”

“Death,” came the almost robotic response.

“Shall I make it slow and painful?”

“If it pleases you.”

Sylista pondered that comment, her fingernails still trailing up and down the man’s neck. “Hm, you are ill, yes? Cancer, I assume. I can smell it on you.” He simply nodded, giving Sylista an idea. “It is a terrible way to go and, since I would not be there to witness your pain, I want you to die tomorrow.”

“Miss?” The man’s face turned from fear to confusion while he stood entranced by her.

“Tomorrow, mid-afternoon, I want you to take your last breath and leave this world. You have been so polite,” her fingernail pierced the sensitive skin on the man’s neck just under his ear. The trickle of blood turned the blue-grey irises crimson, and she purred as her teeth elongated. “I will save you the pain of the death you are facing. You will die in the park, my pet. Do it in a busy area and say nothing about this. I want you to die.”

He nodded slowly as though he understood. There was relief there, mixed with the confusion and fear, and he took a deep breath as Sylista took a step back. “Thank you, miss.”

“Do not thank me yet, my pet. If you do not do as I say, the wolf here knows your scent. He will track you down and it will be a much less merciful end of life for you.” The wolf growled in agreement, which made Sylista chuckle. “Now, be gone from my sight. I am bored with you.”

The man took off out the alley with Edward nipping the air at him when he ran past the wolf and was gone from their sight. Sylista looked at Edward, giving him an upnod as an indication he could shift back, something he did rather quickly.

“Lady Sylista, you let him go just like that?” The young werewolf sounded as disappointed as he appeared to be confused.

“Yes, I wanted to command him to do so immediately, but a memory kept me from saying it. . The satisfaction would have been replaced with heartache.” The accented voice sounded sad as she looked out of the alley past where Edward stood. “I tried this once with a man I loved a while before Mathian saved me by using his serum to make me a vampire. Before I had the endowment of will shared with Mathian. This man would ensure the ones with more determination to live still perished that night.”

Sylista paused, looking down at the ground of the alley. It was the place she first had her conversation with Morgan LaFey the night she charged Mathian on Twilight Isle. “Everything is so different now…”

Edward canted his head to the right as he regarded the Lady Convor before speaking up: “would you tell me about it?”

Sylista shook her head, sighing heavily. “Not tonight, perhaps another when I am in a better place to talk about it?” with a chuckle, she continued: “We should return to Cadentia, Mathian will be returning with Mari as the morning draws closer. Shall we teleport?”

Once she had agreement from the werewolf, the rift between the Streets of Rhy’din and Cadentia opened with that scent of sandalwood that had become a signature part of this particular spell, and the two disappeared, leaving no trace but that simple command. Something that would never be traced back to her.

Return to “Love Me Dead”