Heathen

“On these magic shores children at play are for ever beaching their coracles. We too have been there; we can still hear the sound of the surf, though we shall land no more.” - J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Moderators: Mart, Morgan LaLuna

Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Re: Heathen

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

Saturday, January 23 2021

I just realized it's been a year. A whole year since I realized I wasn't on Earth anymore. Up and down and tilting me straight fucking sideways. Things are starting to just feel... Normal. But I've always been able to accept shit pretty well, I guess. What was it called? Adaptive. That's what that caseworker called me, a long time ago. I wonder if she could see me now, what she would say. I don't think she'd believe me. I think she'd lock me up in a nuthouse. Magic? No. I wonder if it works there, like it does here. Maybe I'll have a chance to find out. Just a visit. Just for a day. One piece of where I came from is all I need. Would it be putting my past to rest to bury it? Would it be wrong to plant a flower? A reminder of before. Of the ones I lost, and left behind. The ones that really actually cared about me.

I should find out more.
Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

Monday, January 25 2021

I did it. I don't know how to feel about it, but I ended a nightmare.

I don't know how to feel.

With every battle my sword has seen... I think it's time for a new one. It's done its job.

The duels got serious last night at the very end, and I panicked. I'm not sorry. I wasn't going to let someone struggle like that. The wards aren't fast enough. Not for something like that. It felt different. Like a heartbeat. Not my heartbeat. Mine was going a million miles an hour, but I felt something calm and level. It... helped. It calmed me.

There is a series of random scribbles, like the writer's mind has wandered off.

I'm really weirded out by one moment that stuck in my head. An instant that is a picture in my head that makes me... uncomfortable.

I'm tired.
Morgan LaLuna
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Captain

Post by Morgan LaLuna »

Time means nothing.

I'm not sure what the date is. Really hard to keep track. I found this journal in my desk while I was looking to see if the rum Isaac gave me survived.

Good news about the rum.

Me and Jaycy ran off to be at sea a while… I feel like she really needs this and I'm happy to work with her. We're learning from each other and we even got tattoos together. Pretty bitchin'. I thought mine was kinda funny. Hers is really cute. I wish I woulda thought of it.

The new cook makes bread bowls for soup. Gonna keep that cat around. Palico? Maize loves him, either way. Sleeps in the pantry most days.

Keeping my mouth shut around Jaycy is really hard. I dunno… feels nice to have this little secret just for us… for me. Blah. Also maybe I'm still waiting to wake up. It's hard to be away…

Not gonna complain about the goodbye, though.

M LaFey

Return to “Heathens”