Talent Show

The Creation of a Ballroom and all of the events that take place there.

Moderators: Luna Sanguinem, Regina Wellston, MC

Regina Wellston
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Talent Show

Post by Regina Wellston »

The lights went out following the last act. Soon a dim spotlight fell to the left side of the stage where the master of ceremonies could be seen seated on a rather plain looking wooden chair. The brim of his top hat was tilted downwards, further concealing his already partially masked face. "I do hope that everyone is enjoying these fabulous acts. Let's move away from guns to something more intimate now." His voice rendered attention to him and the stage, drawing the eyes to where the next act would soon appear. Rich crimson mists, swirled up around his chair and it seemed as if rose petals fell down on him from up above. "It is my distinct delight to now introduce Artemis of the Etahji. Prepare yourselves to be enchanted by a song of longing and passion." The spotlight on him was extinguished before he even finished those words, exiling him and the chair from the stage.

A soft beat echoed throughout the room, holding the same note with every gentle tap of the beat. Artemis appeared within the darkened room, a single light from above lighting her up upon a black background. Standing barefooted upon the wood, her golden chimes hung around her ankles, just waiting for her movement. A violet skirt hung from her hips, the white trim just barely brushing against the top of her feet, silver flowers speckled along the length of the skirt. As the skirt ended at her hip, her green tinted abdomen was left exposed up until the bottom of the sternum where the violet cloth picked up once more. The choli covered her torso, with once more a silver trim at the bottom and top of the chest, silver flowers dotted along the fabric, and topped off with violet lace as thickened shoulder straps connected both in the front and back. Her sari tied the entire dress together, being the same velvet color as the rest, it was draped over her left shoulder and flowing down her front with one corner tucked around her right hip and folded in with her skirt while the rest settled down by her feet. The silver trim was more bold upon the sari, lace designs flowing along the edge almost glittering in the spotlight. Blonde and crimson hair was carefully put up into a bun, secured in place with silver ornaments of flower like design. Blue and purple eyes stared out behind the crowd, watching something in the distance, while her arms crossed across her chest and her fists closed upon each shoulder. As a solid beat hit her ears, her right foot slid forward as her eyes flicked downwards, quickly returning to their distant gaze.

“Too far away to feel you, but I can't forget your skin… Wonder what you're up to, what state of mind you're in…”Her hands shifted away from her body, slowly dropping down to her sides, careful not to disturb her outfit while also accenting the words that passed her lips. Her head tilted to the side slightly, her gaze shifting to the side.“Are you thinking 'bout the last time, your lips all over me, ‘cause I'd play it in a rewind, where you are I wanna be…”As the drums picked up their gentle but meaningful beat, her heel would raise and drop to every pound of the drum, the chimes softly ringing out. Her hands came together, rising up from her waist, thumbs interlocking with her fingers extended and joined. Upon the ground forming a shadow of a bird.“Wanna fly to you like birds do, straight across the world. My body, your hands, ooh and I'm missing every word…”As her hands came over her head she separated her fingers, breaking the bird apart as a single finger came across her lips, her eyes narrowing ever so slightly as she turned, her skirt fluttering in the sudden momentum of the movement as she moved across the room.“You are mine, yeah you say so, when you call me late nights… but I wonder how should I know… you're in love enough to fight.”She snatched her tablet off the now dimly lit dresser that came into view, displaying the makeup she had been using for that evening, scrolling through the missed calls that lined her notifications with a exasperated huff. Looking off into the sky in thought, imagining him sitting upon his bed somewhere.“Fading away, when you're drunk and alone can't see my face in your heart anymore, telling yourself you don't feel like before… and that's when I run…”

Picking up her skirt and sari with two hands she hustled out the door, bare green tinted feet moving as fast as they could carry her as she glided out the door frame. Her heart pounded in her chest, all the lights exposing the forest scene around her. Through the shadows between the trees and lurking darkness, she didn’t look back. Her eyes set on the path ahead, and not at the dangers around her.“All of these thousand miles, that's when I run, all of these thousand miles to get you back. Coming for you babe, I'm coming now that's when I run all of these thousand miles to get you back.”Everything went black in a deafening silence as soon as she reached the doorstep she had been searching for. Silence filling the air for a few still beats, until the lights flicked on dimly once more and Artemis was finally seen preparing tea. Working silently but diligently, pouring a bowl and gently scooping it up within her free hand as she rose to her feet. She moved across the darkened room once more, gently setting the bowl down upon a low sitting table. “Wrapped around your fingers, let you dive into my love. You remember all my triggers, the physical and stuff.”Her gaze shifted slightly, the light now slowly filtering in sooner than it had before. Cushions were carefully laid around a center table, the hologram males all sitting around it with their silent chitter chatter. As soon as she poured the final bowl and set it down, she would bow her head and step away from the table.“Back and forth forever, is it how it's gonna be?Even when we're not together, will you stay with me?”She sang softly as she stepped out of the room, giving one last idle glance back at the males before she ducked her head and vanished into the other room. The whole room lit up now, Artemis gliding over to a dresser as she carefully placed the golden hoop within her left nostril.

“Fading away, when you're drunk and alone can't see my face in your heart anymore. Telling yourself you don't feel like before, and that's when I run…” -C-A golden aura exploded around her figure, leaving her in a glittering wonder until her feet gently landed upon grassy ground. Moving quickly as she ran through the wooded forest, her bare feet gliding across the land as she now let her dress flow freely in the breeze.“All of these thousand miles to get you back, coming for you babe, I'm coming now. That's when I run”The birds flittered overhead, their shadows flying underfoot as her flame colored hair cane free of its bun, flowing into the wind.“All of these, all of these thousand miles to get you backAll of these, all of these thousand miles, oohAll of these, all of these thousand milesTo get you back”She knew where she was going, having been here many times before. Her feet didn’t dare lead her astray as she headed to the faint smoke that drifted above the trees. “All of these, all of these thousand milesAnd that's when I run.”She slowed herself now as she came across the man she was looking for, stepping gingerly as her chimes gave away her arrival. The bearded hologram of a man gazed over in her direction at her approach, but did not offer much. She bowed her head in understanding, ushering herself forward before settling herself down. “All of these thousand miles, that's when I runAll of these thousand miles, to get you back”Gingerly she gazed off at the fire, a sigh coming to her lips as she looked over at him, before finally placing a kiss upon his cheek before her final parting gift shattered like glass. Fragmenting away as the image left in people’s minds crumbled to the floor to be left in darkness, the final words echoing through the room until silence claimed its throne.“All of these, all of these thousand miles.”
Regina Wellston
Adventurer
Adventurer

Light, like that of the morning sun, rich hues of orange, pink, and blue flooded the stage. The Master of Ceremonies was crouched low in the center of the stage, hovering over a silk globe. The heady pounding of a drum mimicking the beating of a heart filled the ballroom. The master of ceremonies looked up, the magnificent colors of the sunrise flashing across the golden portion of his mask as hazel eyes gazed out on the seated crowd. "...now I would like you to open your hearts and your ears, as I present the undeniably talented troubadour Naytara of the Etahji" The silken globe he was holding fell away and a cloud of Pharaoh butterflies, with their gold and turquoise wings spilled forth, surrounding him. They seemed to grow in number, completely concealing him, and when they separated he was gone and white lights washed over the stage, replacing it all.

As music began to play, bright white lights flooded a white room, empty save for two people, two chairs, and a metal table. Sitting in a chair with a bouncing anxious knee was a handsome young man, dark circles under his eyes. Clothed in grey pants and shirt, black marker colored the wrists of his long arms, his hands on the table and fidgeting with a black crayon. On the other side of the table, a blue woman sat, taking notes. Dressed in a soft cashmere sweater, her blue hair pulled into a high ponytail and wearing jean pants, her look was very soft, comforting. The man across the table relaxed a little, until the blue woman noticed the darkness on his wrists. She gently tried to reach out, but he jerked back. “Oh no, did I get too close? Oh, did I almost see what's really on the inside..-” Naytara, with a concerned frown, sung softly, setting her notes down and standing slowly, keeping her hand outstretched. “-All your insecurities.-” she crossed around the table, gently taking the man’s hand even though he flinched, pulling up his sleeve to look at the writing now revealed, showing hurtful words of things said to the man in his past.
“-All the dirty laundry.-” Naytara smiled at the man, rubbing her hand over the words, making them disappear. “-Never made me blink one time…-”The man smiled gently, clasping her forearm and giving a thankful squeeze. As drums sounded, hard and fast, she tapped her finger to the males chest, right over his heart. “-Unconditional... -” Naytara let the male go, heading to the door to let him be alone. “-Unconditionally…-”Standing in the doorway, she taped a poster by the door, reading ‘You matter’, tapping it gently. “-I will love you… Unconditionally…-” Naytara hesitated at the doorway, faltering a little.”-There is no fear.. Now…-” The woman gestured around the room, now suddenly filled with arts and crafts for the man to do, his eyes lighting up as well as the room filling with bright colors.

“- Let go and just.. be.. Free… I will love you… Unconditionally…-” Finally, The blue woman left the room, and the scene changed. Now, the blue woman was walking outside in a cold street, holding a medical bag to her form, shivering gently as she walked up to a building, labeled in picture, common, and etahji lettering as a homeless shelter. Stepping in, she put on a bright smile at the people within, all either lying in a cot or getting a bowl of soup or clothing from the two lines at the back of the room. “-Come just as you are to me..-” the woman smiled, beginning to check on everybody within, taking out her stethoscope and Blood pressure cuff, along with a thermometer to use on each person. “-Dont need apologies-” as she checked a little girl’s heart beat, she smiled and pushed the child’s deep red hair from her face, Naytara's white flecked sapphire eyes shining with kindness and love for everyone within the room. "-Know that you are worthy….-" Pink fingers slid ten ganji into the girls hand, before the blue woman moved to the next person, hoping around cuts to the beat of the drum.

"-I'll take your bad days with your good.-" Naytara stopped, bending down to move a stuffed animal toy into the arm of a restless sleeping child, gently moving the small blanket to cover the child more. "-Walk through the storm I would.-" The woman did the same to the other child next to the first, tucking them both in soothingly, calming their restlessness. "-I do it all because I love you…-" She stood, facing the room and backing out of the door, throwing her arms open as she suddenly proclaimed, people waving to her as she left. "-I love you…..-" Blue feet ran down the dark and dreary street, the wind ripping the ponytail down leaving blue hair to fly free. "-Unconditional!.....-" Naytara stopped at an intersection in the streets, looking all directions as if she was searching for something. "-Unconditionally!!....-" Turning down one street, she ran again. Color, full of life, lit up the streets as she ran past, making the world seem brighter as she ran by people, smiling and waving. "-I will love you…. Unconditionally….!-" Bright sapphire eyes twinkled in delight, happiness pouring from the woman as a flash of color blinded momentarily.

When it faded, the blue woman was clothed in a knee high skirt that flared slightly, colored pink to match the henna that now clearly showed on her side, arms, and legs. The shirt she wore cropped to just below the bottom rib, colored white. Her hair curled and free, the woman shimmered in the light as she smiled brightly, sitting in a circle of people. The people, sad and lost, dressed and even completely colored in hues of monotone gray, looked to the blue woman as she sang encouragingly. "-There is no fear now….. let go and just be free…-" Reaching out, the blue woman patted a woman's hand next to her, gesturing for her to speak to the group. "-I will love you…. Unconditionally….-" One after another, the people of the group began to stand, their previously dreary colors starting to become brighter, color starting over their hearts and expanding throughout their form. “-So open up your heart and just let it begin!-” Naytara smiled, standing with them and stepping from the group, leading them outside where the sky was bright and beautiful flowers bloomed. “-Open up your heart and just let it begin!-” Each person began to smile as their families approached them, hugging onto them tightly. “-Open up your heart and just let it begin!-” As she watched them, she slowly left the large garden they had entered, heading back to the streets. “-Open up your heart….”

Now, Naytara stood on the street, watching children play on a playground, skipping rope and playing hopscotch, The scene dull and gray, the children moving slowly. She stared longingly, hesitating to take a step towards them. “-Acceptance is the key to be.-” As she stepped up to the playground, watching the children pause to stare at her, a blot of color in a monotone world. “-To be truly free. Will you do the same for me….?-” She held out her hand to one child and they took as everything went quiet…. And then the music roared, color bursting everywhere. The children’s clothing became full of rainbows, the rosiness in their cheeks standing out, and happy rainbows of the playground coming to life as the children dragged the smiling blue woman to sit down, playing with her hair and tugging her skirt or arm to get her attention. “-Unconditional!...” Naytara sang to the children as they braided her hair back, adding flowers to the braid. “-Unconditionally….! I will love you…. Unconditionally….!-” The children surged away from her as the people from before, the boy from the white room, the homeless shelter people, the therapy group, all came around her, pulling her to do dance with them. “-There is no fear now… let go and just... be... free!...-” She was grabbed by the children on both hands, spinning her around. “Cause I will love you…. Unconditionally….! Oh yeah!-”

As the group all danced together, Naytara smiled, being passed from each person, their colors brightening even more as she danced with each one. ‘-Ah…… I will love you…. -” //”-Unconditionally…-”// The woman widened her eyes in delight as the children pulled her again, this time into a giant group hug. “-I will love you….. I will love you… Unconditionally!...-” And as the scene flashed away into a bright light of color, Naytara was being embraced by the whole group, everyone happy and full of life.
Regina Wellston
Adventurer
Adventurer

Mist of a multitude of colors began to pour forth from the center of the stage, as if a valve had been opened and all the steam was set free. As it cleared, there the master of ceremonies now stood. A spotlight fell upon him in the neon red glow of cheap hotels and establishments of more illicit activities. He twirled on stage, putting his back to the crowd, though he cast his head over right shoulder, giving a peak at the handsome features of the unmasked portion of his face. "We have seen passion..." The light then shifted to a ominous creeping purple and his visage seemed to transform into something more sinister, yet still inviting ".. we have seen mystery and wonder."Then the light once more became that golden hue of a noon day sun, and he spread out his arms, gesturing with his baton to the judges and that light moved from him to once more illuminate all of them. ".. and we have seen visions of hope. Now, we wait for the judges decisions. Who will be the grand po... I mean, the King or Queen of the Ball. We shall find out, after this brief intermission.." As the light was no longer on him, he effortless disappeared from view. This wasn't about him, this was about elevating everyone else.

A dazzling display of lights filled the stage suddenly, creating a stobe-like effect to signal to everyone that the time had come for announcements. When the flashing of the lights ceased, the stage was filled with a warm blue glow, like the early morning of a spring day. Bellamere, the master of ceremonies walked back onto the stage. He was still masked, though he had for the moment replaced his black top hat with one of a rich red color and he had a handful of yellow and purple roses which he was throwing out to the audience as he came to the center of the stage."Ladies, Gentlemen, Beholders, Orcs, goblins, and all other sundry honored guests... the time has come for the announcement of who will be the King or Queen of the Ball. That lucky individual will not only be receiving a sizable donation to their accounts, this beautiful crown..." And he held up the crown, which had been hidden beneath the collection of flowers. It flashed within the light. ".. but also get the first dance of the ball. Now remember, they **MUST** have the first dance and whomever they choose cannot refuse them..." He flashed a secret smile and continued toward the judges table. "We will also be giving out prize money to third place and runner up. I will say that all the scores were within a single digit of each other, with some ties. Now, can I have all the contestant's on the stage?"

Ah Christ. Ok, fuck it. He awkwardly shuffled onto the stage, his cigar still between his lips, making an effort to stay behind the rest of the contestants.

Deep breath.... And, still holding Gwen's hand, he moved out onto the stage once more!

“Naw, there’s nothing to be worried about. If we get it, we won. If not, we both know everyone who performed here today earned the victory. Win or not, it’s the experience that makes it worthwhile.” Artemis chuckled, though a cheesy line many used, the Etahji were not known for being selfish. “Come on, let’s go on stage.” She said, a green hand latching onto her blue one as she moved onto the stage

Oh well. That was going to have to wait. When **Bellamere** asked that all contestants come out on the stage, she gripped Morgan's hand tight and pulled him along with her. Or maybe she was dragged along. Either way, they both managed to get out there.

"Op. " The butterfly woman moved forward, onto the stage to supposedly line up, hopefully next to Artemis. Her nerves rising again as she began to pick at her sleeve.

Morgan got a grin out of him though, and he leaned in to whisper to him.* "If you don't win, I'm gonna dump Bellamere in the river..."

There it was, one part of the announcement that she had been waiting for. Francesca was guided by Reiko to the wings of the stage, but the accompanist decided to hang back as she stepped out to join the other contestants on stage. This time, Reiko was wearing black heels instead of her ballet slippers.

"He looked at Federov, and laughed. "Meh. I'm okay with whatever. I had a fuckin' blast! But... I mean, it would be nice to be Ball King." The way he said it.... *wink, wink!*

"Our esteemed judges scored our contestant's on three categories, those were Creativity, Expertise, and Showmanship..." His voice carried, seeking to quiet the audience and draw their attention to the contestants. As each of them came onto stage, the spotlights focused on them, casting them in their very best light. Bellamere himself stood mostly in darkness, only illuminated when he moved near one of the contestants. "I'm certain many of you have dancing you wish to do, so I will not draw this out.. " Despite that he would wait another beat, making sure everyone was on stage and had their moment to shine. ".. I would like a round of applause for all the contestant's first however."

Once the applause had begun to die down, he circled around the contestant's, keeping to the periphery of the light. "Our third place winner..." He swooped in suddenly and presented the woman Naytara with a small globe within which seemed to be dozens of illusionary butterflies, as swirling about. ".. the troubadour Naytara of the Etahji!"

The blue and pink woman widened her white flecked sapphire eyes, before accepting the ball with a deep and grateful bow of her head, utterly speechless. "P-porswali se." Was all that she could get out.

Bellamere quickly moved out of the woman's spotlight creeping around each contestant, his cape fluttering about him, as if he were some shadowy phantom of the opera. "Our runner up, in an extremely tight contest.. "He slipped alongside Morgan and placed into his hands, much like he had done backstage with the flask, another globe. At first it was pitch black, with bits of smoke swirling around it, however it soon revealed something more. This one however did not have butterflies within it, but rather it was an image of the audience, cheering for him, adoring him, worshiping at his performance. Nothing was enhanced, it was simply the reactions that all had displayed on the stage. "... the Marvelous Morgan LaFey!"

A wide grin came over his pale face, and he accepted the glass ball, giving a flourished bow to the audience.

The master of ceremonies now moved back to where the judges were, quietly offering them thanks for submitting all the scores and apologizing for the delay in tallying them, as his bunny Merlin had been causing some issues backstage. "And our King or Queen of the ball..." He hurled the crown like a discus and it swam through the air casting light in all directions as it passed through the spotlights, before landing perfectly atop the unkempt hair of the gunslinger Sam Federov. ".. King of the Ball, Sam Federov. A round of applause everyone, and to think, I had to pull off all sorts of convincing tricks to get the man into performing here tonight."

"...."
"What?"He just kinda blinked as he was tackled by several people, his cheeks flushing bright red. Oh Jesus. All of a sudden, he let out a raucous belly laugh, and, completely shocked, grabbed Morgan in a rib-crushing bear hug that threatened to make him pass out!!"

Fireworks suddenly exploded over the stage, causing streams of bright light to rain down on all the contestants on the stage. As this occurred the master of ceremonies would slip off to the side curtains, just off stage. His nerves were a little jangled as well, though he did well in not showing it. The red top hat was removed and actually slipped inside his usual black one, before simply being held out in front of his chest as he watched.

He chuckled loudly, looking down at the shiny crown that was now APPARENTLY in his fucking hands. He lazily brushed off his hat, fitting the crown gently on his head, the DUMBEST grin on his face. "I think that's... Ball Tsar, actually!"

Return to “Tranquility”