Midway Messages

Wheels of Fate, carousels of time; past lives and karmic ties. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Moderators: Josette Wheeler, Isaac Wheeler

Isaac Wheeler
Adventurer
Adventurer

Midway Messages

Post by Isaac Wheeler »

(A place for text messages, phone calls, letters and the like.)

Text to Josie: Staying at the Red Dragon Inn for the time being. We should get together soon...catch up and make sure Boomer’s not spoiled rotten. Do -NOT- feed him just because he gives you a hangdog stare.
Josette Wheeler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Re: Midway Messages

Post by Josette Wheeler »

Text to Isaac: Great! Can you do Sunday night? Can't wait to see you! No, I am not spoiling him rotten! But look at his festive bowtie that I got him! Doesn't he look so handsome? <3
Isaac Wheeler
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Isaac Wheeler »

Text to Josie: ...

10 minutes later

Text to Josie: Sunday works. That bow tie don’t. I’ll come by around 8.
Josette Wheeler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Text to Isaac: You just don’t like any type of tie! He loves it and he is making new friends at the dog park in New Haven. Dogs need to be social...even if their humans are not! See you Sunday, you grump! I wanna see your new digs. Xoxo
Isaac Wheeler
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Isaac Wheeler »

Text to Josie: He looks like he’s a hostage in one of those proof of life photos. And ties are nothing but nooses masquerading in overpriced fabrics.

I’m selectively social btw. See you Sunday.
Josette Wheeler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Text to Isaac: Are you ok? Tell me you are ok. Tell me you haven’t done anything foolish.
Isaac Wheeler
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Isaac Wheeler »

Text to Josie: You don’t want him dead? Keep him the fuck away from me.
Josette Wheeler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Text to Isaac: Are you sleeping any better? Free on Sunday? Let me know. ❤️
Isaac Wheeler
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Isaac Wheeler »

Text to Josie: Bit better. Trying something new. Yeah I’m free. You almost done with the run of the show? Sorry I ain’t been to see it yet. This sleep thing has my hours all screwed up. I’m gonna try to see it Saturday. Set a ticket aside for your uncultured brother would ya? I’ll be there.
Josette Wheeler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Text to Isaac: Lucy’s gallery has a new exhibit opening tonight. I thought you might want to go? I plan on heading over from the theater after the show, so I’ll meet you there if you’re up for it. Maybe we can grab a late bite or a drink afterwards and catch up? Let me know.
Isaac Wheeler
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Isaac Wheeler »

Text to Josie: I’ll be there. Gonna go let Boomer out after I finish up here at work and then I’ll head over. Food after sounds good. City feels off right now, so be careful. Have a good show tonight.
Isaac Wheeler
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Isaac Wheeler »

"Hey it’s Josie. Leave a message."

beep

“S’me. I know you been busy with the ballet n’all an you don’t like it when I hover...I jus’...”

Want to make sure you’re ok. Tell me it’s not like last time. Tell me I didn’t cause that last fucking seizure after you hugged me. Tell me I can still get control over this. Whatever I am. Whatever this is.

“Got somethin’ I wanna tell you...s’good thing.”

Beat

“Anyway, I know it’s the last night n’you’re probably gonna be goin’ out tonight to celebrate with the cast. Jus’ make sure Boomer’s with you in case...”

Beat

“Y’ know...jus’ have fun, Jos. I love you. ”

beep beep beep
Josette Wheeler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Text to Isaac: I adopted a familiar! Or rather, I think she adopted me! She looked at me with these eyes that told me to to take her home. She’s from the feylands and guess what? She sneezes pixie dust! She’s very clever and so fast! I want to bring her to meet you and Cane! Do you think he will mind if I bring her to the Lake House? Do you think she and Boomer will get along?

one hour later...

Text to Isaac: I think you will like her. She is fearless and fierce and already tried to bite Dante! He deserved it for saying she would make a nice stole!
Isaac Wheeler
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Isaac Wheeler »

Text to Cane: So Josie apparently adopted a familiar from the feylands. It’s a weasel of all things. I already know she has zero clue what vicious little killers they can be. She’ll see it do its war/death dance and think it’s cute till she watches it take out a bunny. No way it’s going to find enough to hunt in New Haven. Boomer is probably going to lose his shit when she brings it to meet him. Fuck.

Five minutes later...

Text to Cane: I’m gonna have to bring her to the woods to hunt. You’re gonna hate this part. She wants to bring it to the house to meet you. I haven’t answered her yet. I know how you feel about animals.

One minute later...

Text to Cane: Also...it apparently sneezes pixie dust. Est-ce que je t'ai dit combien je t'aimais aujourd'hui?
Canaan
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Canaan »

Text to Isaac: Of course she did. Sounds a lot like Aoife. Goddamn women fallin over themselves for a fuzzy face. Should have seen her expression when I told her that baby owl she picked up couldn't survive on fuckin' rabbit food, that it would have to eat cute mice and rabbits and shit.

A few minutes later...

Text to Isaac: You said it's a familiar? Shouldn't be too bad then. Minus the whole pixie dust thing. I'm not cleaning up after it. And you should warn her Strix has been hanging around the house lately. He'll have to be taught it aint food. And you have, in fact, told me you love me, but that was hours ago. You should tell me again so I don't forget.

Return to “Midway Manifestations”