Midway Messages

Wheels of Fate, carousels of time; past lives and karmic ties. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Moderators: Josette Wheeler, Isaac Wheeler

Isaac Wheeler
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Midway Messages

Post by Isaac Wheeler »

Text to Cane: It was the eyes that got her. Just had to take her home after that. Yeah, she’s a familiar. Apparently very clever. Hell, she tried to bite this egomaniac Josie works with at the theater, so I’m inclined to like her already. You won’t have to clean up a thing. I’ll tell her about Strix. Thank you for the reminder.

Text to Cane: I love you. je ne pourrai jamais vous en dire assez.
Canaan
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Canaan »

Text to Isaac: Je t'aime plus, beau salaud.

Text to Isaac: Tell Josie to expect dinner. Gives me an excuse to show off and make something fancy.
Last edited by Canaan on Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isaac Wheeler
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Isaac Wheeler »

10/6/20 Text to Josie: A familiar, huh? Something tells me she used her fey charms on you cause she knew she would be spoiled and living the good life with you. She’s cute, I’ll give you that. I’ll be by after work to bring her a little something and make sure the first meeting goes over ok with Boomer. We gotta have a talk about Cane’s owl friend, Strix and what that very efficient little hunter of yours eats. It ain’t pixie dust. Sundays still work best for you? Cane’s got plans to cook you up something fancy, so come hungry. Man can cook better than me. Don’t tell him I said that. He’ll be smug. Can’t wait for you to meet him.
Josette Wheeler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Josette Wheeler »

Text to Isaac: Um...I think I have an idea. We were walking by an alley on the way home from the theater and it seemed like she wanted to explore something there. There were several rats and...well I think she’s full now? It all happened so fast! I don’t want to think about it too much. She looks very pleased with herself though. I still adore her no matter what she eats. Sunday is perfect! He has an owl friend and wants to cook for me? I am so excited to meet him!
Canaan
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Canaan »

Text to Josette Wheeler: Hey, Josette. This is Cane. I would have called, but I think our schedules would more likely prompt a game of phone tag than an actual conversation. I had a question for you. Isaac tells me you're from France. I lived there myself for a little over a decade. I've been scheming up a menu for this weekend and I wanted to know how you'd feel about a meal that reminds you of home? I know there's folks who don't like those kinds of reminders, so I figured I'd touch base with you first.
Text to Josette Wheeler: Very much looking forward to meeting you. And your friend. ;)
Josette Wheeler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Text to Cane: Hello Cane! Yes, my rehearsal schedule at the ballet keeps me very busy these days with our new season in full swing. How perfectly lovely and thoughtful of you to not only offer to cook for me, but to ask such a thing. I admit I am sometimes more homesick for France than I care to admit. I especially miss the food, so I would absolutely adore a taste of home! Manger me rend heureux!

Text to Cane: So looking forward to finally meeting you and thank you for being so gracious and allowing me to bring Vie along. I hope she will be on her best behavior, but she tends to have a passion for mischief!
Canaan
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Canaan »

Text to Josette Wheeler: We're going to get along so well, you and I. Food makes me happy, too. Just ask Isaac. I have to work hard to keep from packing on the pounds from all the good food that man feeds me. Clearly he knows the way to my heart is through my stomach.

Text to Josette Wheeler: Your brother loves you. Of course you're welcome, you and anyone you call friend. Even if they are fuzzy!
Last edited by Canaan on Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Canaan
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Canaan »

The flowers are delivered to Josie around 9 AM and come with a handwritten note penned in an almost illegible scrawl. The bouquet eschews the usual autumnal palette offered by florists this time of year, traded out for something more tonally vibrant.

'bright colors to brighten your day'
-C
Josette Wheeler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Text to Cane: I can’t tell you how much these brightened my day today! I love the colors! I had so much fun with you guys last night! You made the perfect Lucas! Even though I feel just a little guilty about winning the bobbing for apples bet. I had a slightly unfair advantage because I have a neck as long as a giraffe’s! Lol. But it was worth winning just to get to sing with you and hear you play! Can we do it again soon, please?

Text to Cane: I have to know! Who got the drumsticks by the end of the night?
Canaan
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Canaan »

Text to Josette Wheeler: I can't take too much credit--I had help. I know flowers like the back of my hand, but fuck all about making them look pretty. And don't feel guilty at all, cher. You won fair and square. I'm terribly competitive. You needed that pretty neck of yours to keep up with my shameless attempt to bully you out of the barrel with my bulk >) Rematch next year!

Text to Josette Wheeler: I had fun with you, too. You should come over for dinner again. We'll make Isaac cook for us this time and I'll play you some of my favorites. How's this Wednesday for you?

a little later...

Text to Josette Wheeler: I never kiss and tell ;)
Josette Wheeler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Text to Cane: Whoever helped you has exquisite taste and the arrangement is divine! Lol! You are as competitive as Isaac and nearly knocked me out of the barrel several times, you big bully! But no matter the bulk, it’s all about the appropriate angle of the neck when you’re bobbing to win! That’s the key! Rematch next year! Winner chooses the dare!

Text to Cane: Wednesday is perfect. Yes and next time I will cook for you at my place in New Haven. Isaac tells me you play the violin. If you feel comfortable, would you play for me?

five minutes later...

Text to Cane: You are the perfect gentlemen. If he lost, I hope you tease him endlessly about it! He hates to lose!
Canaan
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Canaan »

Text to Josette Wheeler: My girlfriend helped me. Aoife. I'll be sure to let her know, she'll appreciate the compliment. And you held your own! I knew you could, what with a brother like Isaac. haha I'll play anything you like when you visit! It'd be my pleasure.

Text to Josette Wheeler: I'll say this: I don't think either of us lost in this scenario. ;)
Josette Wheeler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Text to Cane: Aoife is such a lovely name. Yes, please thank her for me for taking such care in arranging them. It’s like the flowers have added their own music to my home. Merci

Text to Cane: I do have a particular violin solo I adore from Sleeping Beauty It is my favorite! Do you know it? I can always bring the music!

Text to Cane: I will say this...I love that you challenge him. See you Wednesday!
Canaan
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Canaan »

Text to Isaac: [video file]
Text to Isaac: because distracting you at work is my thing
Isaac Wheeler
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Isaac Wheeler »

Text to Cane: It had to be oranges you bastard. Now I’m going to be distracted all day. Let him enjoy his treat and don’t you dare step on him.

Return to “Midway Manifestations”