Good Morning This Morning Transcript (Friday Sept 25) - Jaycy

Posts pertaining to the Governor and other public works. Moderator will pass on to the next gov.

Moderator: Partly Cloudy

Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Good Morning This Morning Transcript (Friday Sept 25) - Jaycy

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

The following is the released transcript and audio of an interview with Governor candidate, Jaycy from Friday, Sept 25th.

Peter: Welcome back to Good Morning This Morning with Peter Vargains! We’ve had a great morning so far with the Joinder Sisters and Puffy the Wonder Dog, but now for you we’ve got a little more of a deep dive into the political world – we’ve got one of the candidates for governor, Jaycy.

Welcome Jaycy! I see you’ve dropped any of your ten last names and are just going by the first nom, eh? Think you’re that famous?

Jaycy: A chuckle sounded. Thanks for having me, Peter. No, it’s not that I think I’m that famous but I do agree that I might be less recognizable if I use my official last name – Alexander. Using Ashleana – while historically my name and the one usually attributed to me, even now – didn’t feel appropriate either, so… here I am. Just Jaycy.

Peter: “Just” Jaycy, huh? Not Baroness Jaycy or rich socialite Jaycy or Hope’s lapdog Jaycy? Or … slut… A cough. … woman-about-town Jaycy?

Jaycy: I may be all of those things but at the end of the day I’m just someone who’s here and wanting to listen to people who are smarter than me. Do you want to know why I wanted to come on this show, Peter? I mean … you don’t seem to like me much and I haven’t exactly been doing media rounds.

Peter: That’s a good question! Why are you here? You’re right, by the way.

Jaycy: Because I didn’t think you’d go easy on me here. It’s one thing to answer questions to a friendly audience but a whole new thing to answer to a skeptic. Whether it ends up failing me, I’d rather face you as a firing squad and try to answer tougher questions than not let the voters hear what I really mean.

Peter: Huh. Well, alright. Let’s get right into it. Why the world should people vote for you over Olaf and Tenrowe and even Razzatat? What do you bring to this race that they don’t?

Jaycy: They shouldn’t vote for me over them … unless they feel I’m the best candidate with the best vision for the next year. The governor position is unique in Rhydin; I see it more as a facilitator of things. It’s not like the governor is really a law maker or a law enforcer, but there are plenty of projects in the city that the governor can get involved in, like improving relation and interaction within the districts.

Peter: In other words, you just want to throw a lot of parties for you and your friends.

Jaycy: Not just, no. There will no doubt be parties, but no, not just for me and my friends. Some of those events don’t require the governor’s office, but there’s no harm in having wider block parties and festivals that include multiple districts coming together to see more of how each other thrives. Incentives that encourage trade and commerce between the districts, like events with raffles at Old Temple with a prize for an outing at an eatery in Old Market. There is some power in having the power of an office behind an idea.

It’s more than that, though. It’s things like taking some of the solarium innovations and bringing them to the city at large. So those urban growers in Old Market that supply our local produce can more efficiently use their resources to produce enough that not only can they supply Old Market but also New Haven restaurants.

Another possibility is the expansion of the Recovery Assistance Program, if necessary. And I don’t want to keep mentioning the Overlord Initiative as we’re still working on that, but … well, I guess I’m mentioning it anyway! A chuckle.

Peter: That’s a lot of naïve inspirational poster talk. Why in the world is that better than any of the other three candidates?

Jaycy: There were several seconds before the woman’s voice resumed over the airwaves. I don’t have an answer to that… at least not one you’re looking for. Each of us – including Razzatat, from what I saw at the meet and greet, has something we’re interested in. That’s not unusual, but I’m not going to judge what’s important to another person… especially the voters. I’m also not going to insult any of the other candidates; I like Olaf and Tenrowe is definitely motivated. Razzatat has, as I said, a legitimate platform and he’ll find an audience for it. Each of us have something that’ll speak to a voter; the question is what speaks to the most people? I don’t see how any of us have something better than the other.

Peter: Ugh, I see. Peace and love for all and that crap, right?

Jaycy: No, we’re just all diverse but we can still come together.

Peter: Even the slaver, Anubis Karos?

Jaycy: Another pause in the audio recording. Even Anubis. He and I disagree on many many fundamental things, and I have hated him for a long time… but at the end of the day, Anubis lives here, what he does and who he is won’t change, he won’t be leaving the city anytime soon, no one’ll stop him from doing what he does … and he is a businessman; I’ve learned he’s not completely disrespected in Old Market, for example. He may well have – and likely will have – some valuable insights in increasing business within the city and thus help us all get a little fatter, aye?

Peter: So the do-gooder’s finally ready to slum with monsters, eh?

Jaycy: Not all monsters look like what we expect them to look like, Peter. We’re all nuanced and we all might have some monster in us, I’ve started to finally learn. It’s what we do with ourselves that matters at the end of the day.

Peter: Riiiiight. You grow a pair of wings and start thinking yourself one of the “rest of us.”

Jaycy: Like I said, monster is relative and subjective and aye, I am just one of us. There’s so much here in Rhydin; vampires, angels, gods, humans, mages, non… everyone’s going to be a monster to someone else.

Peter: Right, right. Let’s talk about your slogans for a moment. Papers rustle. “Your ideas can change the city.” “It does not matter how slow you go so long as you don’t stop.” “Diverse, together. One City.” And a few new ones. “This is your year – how far will you go?” “A thousand voices combined. One Great City.”

Really? How … I don’t think I even have words.

Jaycy: Of course, and I stand by that. Even you, Peter, can have a great idea for the city. Why wouldn’t I want to listen to that, if I were Governor? Look at us here, discussing and debating instead sniping. Why not on a larger scale? I’m not looking to appoint or anoint a chosen few – we all have things to contribute and I’d be a fool to ignore that.

Peter: Ugh. I think I’m done. Thanks, I guess, for coming, Jaycy. And to our viewers, remember to vote from September 27th through the 29th! And go watch Jaycy get beat by the other candidates in the cage match on the 28th at 8pm ((ET))!

Jaycy: Thanks for having me, Peter, and thank you all for listening!

Return to “Governor's Office”