RhyDin Election 2020 - Nominations Are Open!

Posts pertaining to the Governor and other public works. Moderator will pass on to the next gov.

Moderator: Partly Cloudy

Marshwallow & Bowles
Adventurer
Adventurer

RhyDin Election 2020 - Nominations Are Open!

Post by Marshwallow & Bowles »

Press Release

From the offices of Marshwallow & Bowles,
New Haven
RhyDin

Once again it is my inestimable pleasure to announce to you, the citizens of RhyDin, that nominations are now open for Governor of our fine city. All interested candidates must declare their intention to run by close of business on Tuesday, 8 September, either through public posting or through private communication to the offices of Marshwallow & Bowles.

There will be a period of time following closure of nominations for campaigning prior to the general election, which will be held Sunday 27 September through Tuesday 29 September. Should there be more than five candidates in the initial slate, a primary election will be held one week prior to the general election, 20 September through 22 September.

As in the past, only self-nominations will be accepted.

My partner, Ms. Bowles, has asked me to remind one and all that any attempt to unduly influence the election--whether through coercion, fraud, or other chicanery--will be dealt with by her in a most satisfying manner. Satisfying for her, that is, but less so for the offender.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at our office.

Thank you.

At your service,
The Honorable D.R. Marshwallow, Esq.
Marshwallow & Bowles

((OOC: Anyone with a character they wish to run for Governor, feel free to post a reply in this thread or PM to this SN. Nominations will be open through 11:59 Eastern on 9/8.))
Static Rest
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: RhyDin Election 2020 - Nominations Are Open!

Post by Static Rest »

Olaf von Trunk formally announced his seventh reannouncement of his campaign to become RhyDin's next governor by liberating all the ribbons at a ribbon-cutting ceremony for a new playground. Standing on the stage before an attentive array of butter knife-wielding Roombas, oscillating fans, rustling ribbons, and squeaky folding chairs (the organizers and attendees of the original event had long since fled the scene), he creaked his lid open and went on at length about his major policy planks:
  • A literal plank
  • >:[
  • A triangular restructuring of the city budget
As soon as his speech(?) was concluded, he distributed a number of his standard flyers to the inanimate attendees, which encouraged people to VOTE >:[ on the front, detailed his triangular restructuring plan for the city budget in the middle, and had stickers and activities on the back. He also gave out posters for them to paste across town, on walls, doors, windows, buses, cars, horses, and people:

Razzatat
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Razzatat »

RAZ FOR GOVERNOR!

Representation for Ogres, Bugbears, Orcs, Goblins and the Like!

Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Jaycy stood across the street from the Cardinal Inn, managing a small smile. She'd been stopped mere feet from her 'office.'

"Aye, I'm adding my name to the race for Governor. An Old Market resident gave me a lot of food for thought and I think I could help. Aye, I'll have more details in the coming days. Aye. I'll hold a formal announcement soon. Aye. Thanks."

Without answering other questions, she made her way into the famed Cardinal Inn. Let the circus begin.

Return to “Governor's Office”