Communication Center

Posts pertaining to the Governor and other public works. Moderator will pass on to the next gov.

Moderator: Partly Cloudy

Pharlen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Communication Center

Post by Pharlen »

Texts, calls, letters, notes, messengers, faxes, post those here.
Fantastically Ordinary
Drop by for a cuppa odd.
Pharlen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Re: Communication Center

Post by Pharlen »

Appearing the local papers and in the social media:

"Attention! NOW HIRING: Construction workers, pipe fitters, engineers, concrete layers, plumbers, electricians, etc for the retrofitting of the RhyDin Stockyards. Retrofitting estimated to take eight months once the project begins. Please submit your bids to City Hall.

ALSO HIRING: Detail oriented individuals with a drive to succeed and steady nerves. WE WILL TRAIN YOU to inspect to code meat and meat handling. Fifty people needed to start. Apply at the Employment Office. Pay to be announced, but will include all benefits.

ALSO HIRING: Physically capable and strong men and women as security guards. Proficiency with weapons a plus. Must be able to subdue our trainer, Mr. Miyagi, within five minutes to be hired. Apply at the Employment Office or The Golden Stork Dojo. Pay commensurate with ability, all benefits included.

(Regarding the Stockyards)
Fantastically Ordinary
Drop by for a cuppa odd.
Pharlen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Pharlen »

Appearing in the local papers and social media:

The RhyDin Redevelopment Team is pleased to announce that Ellowy's Fine Furnishings, owned by the Barmsmash Family, will be opening a branch office and factory in RhyDin. They will be hiring upwards of five hundred people for all positions, from management to custodial, and especially craftsmen skilled with CNC and hand jigs for creating the elegant art nouveau furnishing they are best known for. EOE, all benefits, union shop, competitive pay. Contact the RhyDin Employment Agency for interviews.

The Hyllehall Mountain Chamber of Commerce is seeking importers of dwarven ale, porter, beer, and stout for long term trade contracts. Also, proven brewmeisters are sought to re-introduce the art and craft of beer making to Hyllehall Mountain. Pay commensurate with experience and proven quality of the product.

(Regarding A Boring Business Meeting)
Fantastically Ordinary
Drop by for a cuppa odd.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

The contents of a letter delivered to Pharlen just before the Old Market challenge on 7 March.

5 March 2020

My Dear Pharlen,

As Governor, many will look to you for answers while others will scoff and say the job has no power. Those that scoff have never run across fed up crones with a bone to pick. As I am sure you are aware, I or one of my representatives has been in attendance at the meetings you have held regarding the situation in Old Market. You and I have seen this place rise, fall, rebuild, and go onward with that cycle for years. Despite having the resources along with our fellow crones, we tend to leave the younger folk to do what needs doing; learning from the mistakes of others or being the ones learned from.

In light of your list of needs, I offer the following to the city of Rhydin to aid in the reclaiming of Old Market for residents and business owners:

500 members of the Navarran Army that have been on standby since my daughter announced that she was challenging for Old Market. They can aid in various capacities including repair and restoration of homes and businesses. Many of these troops were brought in during Ebon's time of office to render aid.

My daughter, Rachael, is an attorney working out of Old Temple. Her contact information is attached.

Rescue divers attached to the hospital ships out of Dockside have volunteered to put their hobby of underwater scavenging to use on your behalf. My daughter, Nicole, speaks several aquatic languages and is agreeable to acting as a liaison for merfolk and dolphins to enlist their help. My son-in-law, Eregor, is the current Keeper of Water, I'm sure he has suggestions on how to conduct a salvage operation. Who knows, he might even be able to imitate that Moses fellow and part the water for you!

As a thanks to the people of Little Elfhame and their Lady, a fund has been set aside to perpetually maintain the bridge that has been secured to give safe passage to those in need.

This is by no means everything needed to secure the district or to fully rebuild, but it is what I can arrange. When this is done, perhaps, a block party is in order.

Colleen

She had no idea just how personal that challenge match was going to become.
Strawberry
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of Air & Darkness

Post by Strawberry »

From the desk of the Governor, sent out to all children's homes, youth centers, and organizations that work with youth in the city;

Rhydin City youth centers and children’s homes received offers of assistance from the Governor’s Office for arranging Halloween weekend activities for the youth of Rhydin. Party supplies, food, drinks, games, and raffle prizes will be supplied for those wanting to throw a party for their kids. The only criteria for assistance from the Governor’s Office is that the center or home will provide a safe, inclusive space for kids of any race, gender identity, sexuality, religion, or creed. Businesses wishing to contribute raffle prizes are encouraged to contact the Office of Public Events.

((Vapor playable, feel free to use it!))
Rhiannon Brock
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rhiannon Brock »

From the desk of the Minister of Health, sent to all hospitals and health clinics with CCs to Governor Armstrong and other Ministers.

RE: Halloween parties

In conjunction with the Governor's notice on Halloween celebrations, several hospitals have announced they will be decorating their cafeteria spaces to allow as many of the in-patients as possible to join in the festivities with the general public. Food will be marked for specific dietary needs such as gluten free, sugar content, and potential allergens.

West Side Old Market Urgent Care will be hosting a haunted house that weekend. There will also be a bounce house and other activities for young children.

((Vapor play, have some fun with it! ))
"The definition of hero never included anything about age." RDB
Rhiannon Brock
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rhiannon Brock »

From the desk of the Minister of Health, sent to all hospitals and health clinics with CCs to Governor Armstrong and other Ministers.

In support of the Winterfest holidays, several hospitals and clinics will be making and riding on floats in The Candlelight Processional Holiday Parade.

Well Baby and Child Clinics are in full swing this time of year. Cold packs for seasonal cold treatments are being distributed to all hospital and care centers in need and by request. Vaccines for flu variants as well as Rhydin Benghu Fever are available. RBF has long been considered to be under control. However, as with any contagious disease, some members of the population are susceptible.

The districts of Battlefield Park and Seaside are under consideration for the building of a hospital or large clinic. Old Market, Old Temple, and Dockside already have large public and private facilities available.

Rhiannon Brock Túr Gairdín

((Vapor play. If anyone knows if Rhydin General Hospital has an established location please let me know!))
Strawberry
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of Air & Darkness

Post by Strawberry »

Early on Monday morning, memos were sent via office email as well as handwritten notes to the offices of Public Works, Public Safety, and Magic.

To the office of Public Works:

Minister Adia,

Late last night or maybe it was early this morning, I received less than thrilling reports from a confrontation at the Outback involving someone you say is your partner. This comes on top of
another report I received from a little over a week ago. Needless to say, I'm tired of hearing about this conflict and I'm disinclined to let it come anywhere near what we do here. Should this continue, I will be forced to reconsider your involvement with the ministry. It's not something I wish to do but is something I will do if necessary.

Thank you,
Governor Armstrong

To the office of Public Safety:

Minister Payne,

It has come to my attention that within your position with the Watch, a task force may have been formed at your behest for the sake of monitoring, interfering, or even endangering a private citizen and their family. Frankly, this is unacceptable. If there is truth to this, I sincerely encourage you to decommission said task force immediately. Targeting private citizens violates numerous rights afforded to every citizen of Rhydin and is a gross overreach of Watch power. Should this behavior continue and I hear about your office overstepping like that, I will be forced to reconsider your involvement with the ministry.

Thank you,
Governor Armstrong

To the office of Magic:

Jaycy,

Settle down crankypants.

-K

Included in the handwritten note delivery was a Snickers bar.
Kira Adia
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Mistress of House Adia

Location: Adia Estate, south of the city on the border with Skoggard

Post by Kira Adia »

A note was dropped into Karma’s inbox a few days later.

Governor Armstrong

I regret I was not present at the event in question, and further that the situation was allowed to continue as long as it did. I have taken time to consult with my family and can assure you that, speaking for the whole of House Adia, the incident will not be repeated, and diplomacy will be our intent going forward. I will make my displeasure known should a member of my own family break the peace.

Humbly,
Iskira Adia
Minister of Public Works
Head of House Adia
Strawberry
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of Air & Darkness

Post by Strawberry »

Karma sent a candy bouquet to Kira's office later that day;

Minister Adia,

Thank you for understanding. Let me know if the other side causes any further issues as well. I normally believe that "snitches get stitches" but I also believe in "!@#$ the Watch" too.

Rhiannon Brock
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rhiannon Brock »

Dated 22 Dec 2021

Rhydin General Hospital, Riverview Clinic, and DESMC have announced they will be hosting parties in honor of Winterfest and other December holidays this weekend. There will special events in each hospital to bring some extra cheer to those confined to the pediatric wing during this time.

Riverview's children's events are being organized by Maggie Harker with the assistance of Lena Túr Gairdín, storyteller; Seo Jeong, sign language interpreter; youth residents of Stardreamer Manor, and the Katz Kittens. Children and teens from the city that wish to volunteer are asked to call or stop at the main reception desk for details and ID badges. While the focus is children and teens assisting and entertaining their peers, adults are welcome to volunteer as well.

((Vapor play, have fun with it! My thanks to the player of Maranya Valkonan, who allowed the Riverview setting to be used for this. ))
Rhiannon Brock
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rhiannon Brock »

30 Jan 2022

To Governor Armstrong and my fellow Ministers,

Minister Payne is currently in the care of physicians at Dockside Medical Center. They are not able to release a public statement on his condition at this time.

A temporary morgue has been set up in one DESMC's warehouses. While the hospital has its own morgue, we do not have the capacity to handle this many victims at once. DNA samples and dental impressions are being taken for identification purposes. Information is being cross-checked with the city's prisoner database. Remains of the Watch members among the deceased are being held in the hospital's morgue pending notification of family and others on record as emergency contacts. Grief counselors have been briefed are preparing to assist those in need.

Several of the decedents, Watch members and prisoners alike, were single or custodial parents. All efforts are being made to properly care for their children until such time as next of kin can be located and notified. Citizens on record as foster parents have already started to come forward to help. Families that were evacuated have been temporarily quartered at various locations.

With Governor Armstrong's approval, Mairead Harker, Lady Knight Marshal of Navarra, has dispatched two infantry units with several combat medics. They are to help in whatever capacity the Governor deems necessary. They will be setting up a first aid station and mess tent to assist in feeding all aid workers.

Anya de la Rose
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Anya de la Rose »

Jan 30, 2022

Memo to the Governor and Ministries

The Ministry of Philanthropy is working in conjunction with several temporary shelters across the city. In Districts where structural damage occurred, impacted families are being provided with essentials from the city's relief supply.

The Philanthropy Office has begun fundraising efforts for the reimbursement of funerary expenses incurred by the victims' loved ones. Our goal is complete coverage of costs.

Return to “Governor's Office”