Pep Talk 101

Phalanx (fā′lăngks′), n. A group of people or things of a similar type forming a compact body or brought together for a common purpose.

Moderators: Katt Batten, Edward Batten

Katt Batten
Adventurer
Adventurer

Pep Talk 101

Post by Katt Batten »

.: Dec 11, 2011 - Late Evening :.

The evening had been interesting and fun. To visit Sergei while he was busy working and doing whatever it was he was doing to Sweet Maria. An unscheduled snowball fight that left both tuckered out.

She watched poor Sergei's hunched over form as he slumbered against his desk, her coat draped over his shoulders. He had tried to get more work done before sleep had stole him from her. She was content with watching from afar. He seemed so at peace.

Chewing on her inn cheek she started to think back to what Race had been telling her. Trying to cheer her up.

----------------------

Out on the porch of the inn...

She had walked out to get away from watching Issy get drunk with Race only to find herself..followed by Race. A drunken Race but still Race.

Laughter stays behind in his way upon stepping out onto the porch and getting out another cigarette. "How're you Katt?" His drunken swagger vanishing with the closing of the door.

She glanced over to Race then back tot he street. "Still here." Though at this point was wondering why she was still at the inn itself. Another sip was taken of her tea.

Moving carefully he went to join her. "Good..."

A foot settled onto the porch to stop the swing's movement, not wanting to knock Race over if he got that close. "And yourself?"
"A smidge tipsy.." he says with slurred speech taking a seat next to her on the swing.

"Heh. With as much as you two were drinking I am not all that surprised." Lowering the now empty mug she cradled it softly. Once he settled she started heeling the porch. Drunk or not, Race, she was rocking the swing!

Tilts his head back against the swing with closed eyes and drifts with the motion. "Yeah, but it was worth it. Everything going on...just needed a bit of time to simply relax."

She frowned and glanced at her mug. "Yeah..that is why I didn't stay in. So you guys could drink without being bothered."

Gives Katt a side-long glance. "I thought you left to avoid getting asked to participate.." offers a friendly smile.

She snorted and turned her head to the side. "Why ask a child to participate in drinking."

"Never too young to start." was his answer to her words still smiling. "And you're not a child, Katt. Far from it. You're smart, pretty, one hell of a cook. Throw in the fact that you can kick some ass, well its a perfect package."

"Yeah well it seems you are the only one who thinks so." Tucking a leg under herself she leaned into the arm of the swing. "I mean I guess I should be use to it by now but ..I dunno..it isn't all that important.." She murmured the word 'important'.

Watches where his hand goes carefully to offer her leg a pat. "Just give it time Katt. There's a hot dog for every bun, some nights whole packs."

Her hand slowly lowered and she stared at Race's patting hand. "Race..I know you are drunk and all..but that so didn't sound right."

Slowly he pushes from the swing. "You'll find your hot dog eventually Katt. And it will be a feast, don't forget the comdoments." Braces himself on the porch rail before navigating the steps.

She didn't know if she wanted to pale or blush. "Race....you are horrible." He did manage to get a little chuckle out of her.

"Just..don't be afraid to try other hot dogs, Katt. There's a wide variety. And..its Rhydin..they're all the same size, some just curve to the left." shrugs and takes a breath as he pauses at the street.

"I'm not like that Race. I.." Okay yeah she wasn't going to go there and if anything her cheeks were now a nice rosey red. "(s) Terrible.."

Peers back at her with bleary eyes. "Just..remember some are cheese filled..that's an acquired taste I'm told..." Carefully lets go of the rail and starts his way up the street.

Thud. She fell off the swing.

Really she just sat on the porch, staring after Race. Talk about throwing her off..and then some. She shook her head and finally managed her feet. Her eyes squinted a bit, mostly to the throbbing in her arm. That didn't help at all. "You are bad!" She finally called after Race and turned for the front door.

And from down the street. "Don't forget the condiments!"

She spluttered, nearly running into the door on her way to open it. By the time she actually moved in she was rosey red. The cold. She'd blame the cold and not wearing a coat!

----------------------

Like then her cheeks were quickly turning a bright red color but there was a fond smile held for the sleeping flyboy. She wasn't like that..She was happy with who she was with and not because of..ahem..his hotdog.

"(vs) Ugh..Race.." Her face was rubbed and she finally turned away, moving off to search out a blanket to cover Sergei up with properly.

Return to “The Phalanx”