Avengers Assemble?

Phalanx (fā′lăngks′), n. A group of people or things of a similar type forming a compact body or brought together for a common purpose.

Moderators: Katt Batten, Edward Batten

Rhiannon Brock
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Avengers Assemble?

Post by Rhiannon Brock »

((Tied to this SL))

A group of people entered the meeting at with former GAC member, Rhiannon Brock Túr Gairdín, leading the pack.

"At the last meeting, several people stated the only way to get Harris to pay attention and answer questions is to speak in his language. Our esteemed Governor was and is not in a position to do that herself. I made a step in that direction by challenging for his title. If he ignores it, he'd automatically be stripped of his title and ousted as the District's Baron. While that doesn't guarantee that he will stop what he is doing, if he no longer holds the title, it can't be used as leverage. I'm not expecting him to let the challenge go unanswered. His Squire has already attempted to bribe me to withdraw. As past title holders in Old Market and sponsors of the emergency services in the district's west side, my sister and niece have more knowledge of the area and have established a rapport with many of the citizens of Old Market. However, they're not in a position to press challenge at this time, I am."

She sat down to allow others to have their say. As she reached to hand something to her mother, Rhi heard a faint tinkling sound as the charms on her bracelet tapped against each other. One charm in particular caught her eye, a stylized letter A, a remembrance of day's past before she had taken on the often daunting task of motherhood. Would anyone still answer if she used the tiny device? Surely, Ebon would. Circumstances were such that she needed to try. The call sign went out from Elpis, Avengers Assemble! with the information on Harris and the danger he was now presenting to the citizens of Old Market, people were dying. Toll booths were easily bypassed, war machines like tanks were another thing all together. Anyone on Batten's Network could have gotten the message to meet or make contact.
"The definition of hero never included anything about age." RDB

Return to “The Phalanx”